Power dynamics? scholarly inquiry

Postby Mike Dwight » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:13 pm

I think these forums, in generalization, are filled with self-diagnosing and attention grabbing. I mean there are real people with problems here looking for help, and I want to distinguish trying to reach psychology majors, somewhat philosophy on information.

Consider the idea that you advertise for Free Mustard at some event, everyone there must love mustard and say they get free mustard. Lets say its free hats and everyone attending must love hats. anything like that. a public appreciative meetup about something with effort and evidence toward it. Imagine chopping them up like the holocaust when they attended. Now is it a bit funny, maybe. Well, are they guilty of something? liking mustard, or hats, or whatever? or some boardgame club also. I'm sort of interested in what words and schemas and relations you see in this inquiry, its sort of about power dynamics, having interest groups, I'm interested in psychology more than philosophy, or philosophies, obviously its a WRONG action. Do people see a victor, might for right is an example, do people see the incidental participation that then, oops they walked into it , I just happened to put a spike trap there innocently, they participated in walking toward the spike trap. Its a free world of interest and speech obviously. I'm interested who has studied psychology of those who see an Opportunity and Justice closely linked, who studies Machiavellianism perhaps in psychology. I had just intro to psychology in my bachelor's, I mean it really does leave me feeling lacking, which is a good thing.
Mike Dwight

Likes Received: 1

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:08 pm

At it’s foundation this is a public forum.

Here is some science that offers one psychological perspective regarding the benefits of public discourse, including the idea of chopping each other up.

http://www.dan.sperber.fr/wp-content/up ... berBBS.pdf
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 1056

Postby Mike Dwight » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:22 pm

Fair enough, sorry, is this Richard's forum? I notice he's everywhere here.
Mike Dwight

Likes Received: 1