I have some kind of depression on losing things

Postby Dark Frost » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:25 pm

I really don't know how to put it. But whenever I lose something, I feel depressed. Let me explain... Two months ago my 5 year old laptop broke down, so I bought a new one which was better in every way and runs Windows 10 instead of XP. But I kept feeling depressed at losing my older laptop. Sometimes when the memories come back, I feel depressed again. I try not to think about it but no one has 100% control on their thoughts, or that's what I think. That isn't the only example, it literally happens with everything even for something like a pen which I only had for like a hour or so. I play this online video game called ARK: Survival Evolved and whenever I meet someone new and he leaves after sometime, I feel really depressed for losing a friend even though we only talked for like a min. It also happens with anime, when I complete an anime I feel depressed that I watched whole of it and there will be no more. I don't know how to explain this but I'll try, I get too attached to things too quickly and feel depressed when they go. Its like a nostalgic depression if that's even a thing...

I have no problem with it and even feel depressed when I think that this depression will go away as I am already attached with this depression. I am just searching for someone to relate to and know if I'm not the only one in this world with this. I still don't understand if you understood what I mean, I feel like the only one who will understand this is the one who has or has ever had this feeling.
Dark Frost

Likes Received: 0

Postby WardenEternal » Wed May 02, 2018 5:19 pm

This to me sounds like you're holding onto things too dearly. I get sad like this too sometimes. I'd accidentally break a glass, I'd feel sad for losing that glass, and think that it will never exist as a whole one again, or get sad when I think about memories of a candy wrapper or such.

To me it kind of sounds like you're sad to lose things because you feel like you won't ever get a new one again. Or you simply hang on to the past too dearly. But to try to help you like I'm trying to learn to not do this, try finding some new hobbies. Go to a gym routinely or try rebuilding the way you think. One thing I kinda learned was that I shouldn't baby things too much. You know that moment where you get a new laptop or gaming console and the moment it gets its first little scratch, you go crazy about it and feel sad? That's the feeling I mean, and to fix that I just have to realize, everything gets scratched once it's used. It's okay if it gets a scratch. It's normal. It's whole purpose is to be used. As long as you can use it comfortably for what it's meant for, then everything is fine.

Or like losing something/something breaking, it's also okay. One just has to learn that, in the meantime, you'll have to find something else to do.

And sometimes you gotta be honest with yourself. Do you really feel okay with having depressed thoughts? Or are they kind of disruptive, like distracting to you and make you forget your task? Try to think of other things when that happens. Anything. Cookies. Or a new goal. Or that new thing that you want.

These are just a few things I'm trying to learn as well, maybe they could be of help to you. Another thing is the attached depression. Right now I'm going through something and I'm kind of attached to that depression. I know I shouldn't be because things will change anyways, and that because this said thing is happening to me means I have more time for myself now. It's hard to not think of what's going on with me, but I just have to constantly remind myself of the things I can do now and think about everytime my mind decides to bring up this situation.
WardenEternal

Likes Received: 0