Here we go again...

Postby Wave » Sat May 19, 2018 6:32 pm

Sounds positive, also sounds like you weren't using lots again which makes the quit so much easier.

When I failed after 15 months I went back to daily use very quickly and while I used less, was harder and harder to keep my usage down. This quit I have smoked 2-3 times a tiny bit and then none the next day, don't plan to do that often but takes the stress out of it when I think "never again".

How much have you been smoking?
Wave
Preferred Member

Likes Received: 210

Postby Chronic Chronic » Sat May 19, 2018 6:59 pm

good luck man, screw weed addiction get it by its balls!
Chronic Chronic

Likes Received: 1

Postby Stevenpearce » Sat May 19, 2018 7:50 pm

I was smoking pretty much a bag a week which I reckon was probably a good 3G and above, but what was concerning was I just couldn’t leave it alone, weekdays OK as only in the evening but come the weekend was literally from dusk till dawn. Thing for me is that once I start I can’t stop so that first one is dangerous and all day I would be topping myself up and the dog had never had so many walks! In fact she is now fed up as I’m only taking her out now once a day LOL
Stevenpearce

Likes Received: 20

Postby Wave » Sun May 20, 2018 6:33 pm

Stevenpearce wrote:...but come the weekend was literally from dusk till dawn. Thing for me is that once I start I can’t stop so that first one is dangerous and all day I would be topping myself up and the dog had never had so many walks! In fact she is now fed up as I’m only taking her out now once a day LOL

I sometimes would wake up Saturday morning at like 5:30am to have a bowl and coffee, by like 2pm I would be shattered and just chasing the high and get nothing done all weekend. Such a waste of time!!

Keep up with the walking and any exercise you can, especially in the early days was the only thing that gave me real relief. Ran a 10km today and was so good doing something positive as old me would just blaze all weekend, running past loads of people in the last 2km was an amazing feeling of how much more active and fitter you get after quitting weed!
Wave
Preferred Member

Postby Knowmean » Mon May 21, 2018 12:09 am

I posted on this site in November after I’d been clean of weed for 2 weeks. I’d been smoking it for over 20 yerars. It’s been 6 months and it has been the best thing I ever did. I have got my life back, things are much clearer now. I was buying a house at the time and I am now settled in it. My baby is 1 soon and I have been promoted at work. I have got my appetite back and am sleeping well. Gone are the days when all I could think about was when I was gonna smoke my next joint. Only once you have quit and have got through the first few months do you realise how much it holds you back. My days are no longer a blur and I am much happier through the day. I still get the odd down day but I just tell myself it’ll be fine when I wake up. I’ve been enjoying life and can honestly say to anyone who is in them first few months, stick with it. It’s so worth it. Try and stay busy and stay clean. Good luck
Knowmean

Likes Received: 6

Postby Cali-Detroit » Mon May 21, 2018 12:15 am

Know mean, thank you for sharing that. I'm at 8 weeks now and still struggling hard. Also I was 20 yr smoker, daily and heavily with high quality stuff always. I'm waiting in the grocery store right now and feel I'm in a dream. These people are characters in a bad movie and it all seems ridiculous and fake. Happy to hear it gets better... everyone here says it all the time, but my mind just still can't believe it's worth it. Having faith...
Cali-Detroit

Likes Received: 73

Postby Knowmean » Mon May 21, 2018 7:40 am

It really does get better. Your mind and body wake up and you start to function normally. I wake up fresh in the morning instead of groggy looking to blaze. Just stay active and try and surround yourself with good people. You’ve got this
Knowmean

Likes Received: 6

Postby Stevenpearce » Tue May 22, 2018 6:44 am

Amazing how similar a lot of using experiences are, that feeling of being shattered not being arsed to do anything, how everything becomes a chore, just thinking about the next joint and when you blaze it you just feel even worse!! And this is something we tell ourselves we need or feel good for doing???

Wave / knowmean / Cali thanks for your comments I really appreciate it, makes me feel good that we all had similar experiences and that we see the benefit of not smoking. Amazes me how often my head tells me to have that one joint tho!! My mum is recovering alcoholic and she has a quote on her wall and I think about it if I am worried about something or over analysing anything and it simple says ‘today is the day you spent yesterday worrying about’ think it’s great and so true. Off on holiday Thursday so looking forward to some nice rest, good food and most importantly quality (clean) time with my family.
Stevenpearce

Postby Cali-Detroit » Tue May 22, 2018 6:45 pm

Know, thanks for that, good to hear. It's baffling to me that all this could be from quitting pot. I still can't wrap my brain around this being such a potent drug, and yet here I am, faced with the reality now that I've left it behind. At what point do you start to care about the things you onced loved? Playing guitar is just unfulfilling and listening to tunes leaves me wanting. These are things that meant everything to me before, especially under the influence.

Steven, great work, you're doing this and pushing through. Clean time with the family is really the one thing that means anything to me right now. We have an advantage in that we're flooded with Oxytocin, so we get a little bit of a cheat high bonding with our children and partners. I really, really admire those toughing it out on their own.

Keep it up everyone, push through and keep encouraging each other
Cali-Detroit

Postby Stevenpearce » Mon May 28, 2018 4:25 pm

Have been on holiday since last Thursday and the breaks been nice and chilled, eating well (buffet so lots of fruit and vegetables) but sleeping terribly with untold weird vivid dreams! Some weird weird stuff going on so feeling bit restless. Thinking it could be either the change of scenery or maybe too much caffeine? Still shouldn’t complain as sleep on weed is only good in that you don’t rmbr anything in the morning yet convince yourself you have slept well despite having a major weed hangover!!!
Stevenpearce

Postby Wave » Mon May 28, 2018 6:20 pm

Yea the sleep gets better over time. I had a daytime nap today and never used to be able to just drift off to sleep unless I was super high. Find exercise was good (hard cardio like running) and then evening I would sleep better, not always though. I also use melanin (1mg timed release) which helps me with sleep a lot, can make the dreams more crazy though!
Wave
Preferred Member

Postby Stevenpearce » Tue May 29, 2018 11:59 am

Wave wrote:Yea the sleep gets better over time. I had a daytime nap today and never used to be able to just drift off to sleep unless I was super high. Find exercise was good (hard cardio like running) and then evening I would sleep better, not always though. I also use melanin (1mg timed release) which helps me with sleep a lot, can make the dreams more crazy though!

Yes wave good advice, exercise is definitely good for sleep. Have rejoined the gym and the aim is to 2 - 3 classes a week. Have to be careful not to over do it tho! A lot of my dreams have had me using and that’s how Crafty this weed addiction is! It even tries to stitch you up in your sleep!!!! Seen from your post that you have stopped cigarettes as well, for me I used to have one in the morning but have stopped that
Since quitting and have hardly drunk alcohol either, not got a problem with going out on the drink but do have an issue with the horrendous hangovers I get. Lot of my mates are ridiculing me for not drinking but F**k what they think! I can have a good night without getting drunk. Feel like I don’t ever want my mood altered by substances anymore.
Stevenpearce

Postby Cali-Detroit » Tue May 29, 2018 4:45 pm

Good for you Steven, sounds like your doing the right stuff. Your friends are really giving you shyte over not drinking? I've never understood that. You're trying to get healthy, would not a true friend support that? I've never drank, only was was a heavy smoker, so I didn't hang out with boozy types. Stay strong and keep up the good fight
Cali-Detroit

Postby Stevenpearce » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:15 am

Am over a month which I think is good milestone as in theory I would pass a drug test. Always worried me that, especially if it was a road side test and driving ban it would literally kill me professionally and I think the majority of my friends, family and professionall colleagues would be very shocked.

Overall I’m happy, more focussed around the home, got good diet going and doing three exercise classes a week. Am sleeping poorly and feeling tired at the end of the work day but that’s probably because I’m giving 100% instead of putting things off! After all it’s nots unusual to feel tired after a day working is it!

Summers also here!!!
Stevenpearce

Postby Cali-Detroit » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:35 am

Right on Steven, keep it up! A better life awaits...
Cali-Detroit

PreviousNext

Return to Addictions