Help!! 2nd quit this year

Postby I_can_do_this » Thu May 10, 2018 5:33 am

Hi to all of you

I’m here as I’ve been reading this forum on and off for years. It was originally waking life’s post that I came across and over time I have read other peoples stories of quitting weed , this has inspired me.

So about me, I have smoked for 18 years I’m now 36 and no longer want to do this . I very quickly became addicted to weed and it was an every day thing .. now I wake up every day depressed and feel like it’s the weed that’s causing this. I don’t really enjoy it (well sometimes it feels like I do) but genuinely I don’t think it adds anything to my life. I’m sick of always wanting to quit and not being strong enough.

I have children and want to do this so I can be a better mom for them. I had a quit in Feb/March which lasted 2 weeks but although it wasn’t as hard as I thought after the first week or so I had extreme anger /rage and this scared me, I was not calm with my kids and felt like I was better off smoking , I justified it to myself.

So now have been back on the merry go round of smoking and wanting to quit . Let me add I haven’t really even tried to quit that many times over the years , maybe a couple of times in my 20’s which lasted 4 weeks at most.

I’m really sick of this and I don’t see any way out , any moral support or tips would be appreciated, I am planning to quit again , hopefully this time for good .

Thanks to everyone for the inspiring stories , it’s great to see that other people are getting rid of this sh** from their lives , I hope that I can join you on the journey xx
I_can_do_this

Likes Received: 0

Postby Cali-Detroit » Thu May 10, 2018 9:40 pm

Welcome Can-Do!

I can relate to everything you just said there
. Similar age, 20 years daily smoking, now with children if my own, still fighting it. I'm at 36 days and it's rough. Six months has been my longest in my 20 year career (yes, I treated like a full time job). If only I had put even half the effort into almost anything else as I did smoking, growing, and basically worshipping this plant, who knows what life would have been?

But I digress. The important thing is your here now, so make the decision in your mind and stick to it. You might fail. In fact it's likely. And it will be misery, for quite some time. At 6 months I was really starting to notice some great things happening...so of course that sent me back to warm embrace of the weed. Can't be allowing those pesky feelings of hope and joy pollute the mind now can we? It's a self destructive cycle and I've watched my own father struggle with it for 40 years. I don't want that. You don't want that, trust me. No one does. Stay up sister, you can do this.
Cali-Detroit

Likes Received: 92

Postby I_can_do_this » Fri May 11, 2018 8:14 am

Hi Cali

Thanks for your reply. Well done for getting to 36 days that’s amazing!! It was around the 10 day mark I started to really feel depressed and I worry that will make me re-lapse just to get rid of the awful feelings!! I think this time I will try and add some exercise to try and counteract it, last time I had no motivation which didn’t help.

I understand what you say about a vicious cycle and I don’t wanna be there , I feel like it’s now or never for me at this stage at my age I don’t want to carry this on into my 40s and beyond , it’s slready taken up half my life!!

Again top marks for getting so far and I hope you stay strong and are able to do this for good!! Thanks for the inspiring words xx
I_can_do_this

Likes Received: 0

Postby Cali-Detroit » Fri May 11, 2018 10:32 pm

You're quite welcome! And thank you for your kind words. I understand the "half my life" statement, but that's the past. We still have a lot of good years and a lot to accomplish yet!
Stay up and ride through the pain...you'll get there.
Cali-Detroit

Likes Received: 92