Quitting smoking weed after 31 years

Postby Sober queer lady » Fri May 11, 2018 9:18 am

Hi everyone!
So today is day 8 without ingesting, smoking or vaping thc. This isn’t my first attempt in fact I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve tried to quit over the years. I’m a 48 year old female and I’ve been smoking daily since I was a teen. My whole life has been one big messy lazy blur. I live in San Francisco where weed is legal and I live directly across from a canabis club. My roommate is also a heavy smoker. This quit has been easier than times before. I think that’s due to my true desire to be sober and change the direction of my life. I did have physical withdrawals the first 5 Days. Night sweats, body odor, nausea, sleep disturbances and no appetite. Day 8 and the only withdrawal symptoms I’m having now are a little bit of body odor(not terribly bad) and my appetite and sleep are still off. Not bad!! I have been attending 12 step meetings and getting involved becauseit helps me stay sober and also helps with the loneliness and isolation. I want to start this thread for anyone else who is trying to quit and just share my experience with it. Quitting weed is hard and it can mess with my mind if I don’t quiet the thoughts. Meditation has been very helpful for that. So day 8 and feeling groovy for now.
Sober queer lady

Likes Received: 2

Postby Anxious_mary_420 » Fri May 11, 2018 4:58 pm

Hi sober queen lady...sounds like you're doing really well..congratulations on getting to day 8. Having the weed shop over the road and a weed smoking room mate must make the temptation hard as he'll. I live in the U.K where it is very much illegal and I live with my husband ( who quit 7 months ago with no side affects whatsoever ) and kids yet I am struggling daily. Will be 6 weeks tomorrow since I last smoked, have had lots of depression although I think I'm through the worst of that now but the anxiety I feel is horrible ! I have to talk myself through the day and constantly remind myself that what I feel isn't real it's just a side effect from quitting!

Keep going I think if you really want to stop your will. Do you exercise much ? I try but don't seem to have much will power over and above quitting the weed ! Maybe take lots of walks. I've never been to America but I believe it's a beautiful place and at least you have sunshine...something the U.K could really do with...he he...loads of luck to you, keep posting I find it really helps me to talk and share experiences xx
Anxious_mary_420

Likes Received: 41

Postby Foggy Noggin » Sat May 12, 2018 3:37 am

Hi SQL!

I'm a guy, but other than that our stats are similar.. I'm 48, live where it is legal, and have smoked for 30 years, culminating with about an OZ / month habit.

This forum is great. Read the stories, have faith, and know you are not alone in your journey.

Best of luck and stay strong!
Foggy Noggin

Likes Received: 24