10 months update

Postby helenadoc » Fri May 11, 2018 11:48 am

Hi y'all!
Yesterday i got to the 10th month mark and the last 10 days were kind of amazing. My symptoms have subsided a lot and i started to feel joy again. The depression lifted and my eyes started to shine again :D. The anxiety has come and go, but i didn't pay attention to it.
These days were the first very good ones in months. I could finally breathe. My sex drive came back which was awsome. I felt the joy of living again :)) i found myself dancing between the shelfs of the store with my headphones on, without any care in the world.
But like it was expected everything comes to an end and yesterday f***ing paws hit me again. Depression, anxiety, irritability, anger and crying over my pathetic state of mind. It was like i flourished and now i'm closed up again.
At least i got a little break from this hell, and it's a proof that i can get better. So i'm hoping that the good days will extend and the bad ones shorten :)
helenadoc

Likes Received: 27

Postby dhae2604 » Fri May 11, 2018 1:05 pm

Good to hear that. Hit my 11month Also ;)
dhae2604

Likes Received: 23

Postby Anxious_mary_420 » Fri May 11, 2018 5:16 pm

Helenadoc.sounds like you have done an amazing job staying sober for 10 months wow that's great. I'm only on 6 weeks and the anxiety is a bitch but still hopefully getting there. I can't believe how long this whole process takes and honest to God had no clue PAWS existed for weed quitters !! This is my first quit after 24 years smoking. I wish I was on month 10 ! Keep going and all the best to you. X
Anxious_mary_420

Likes Received: 41

Postby Anxious_mary_420 » Fri May 11, 2018 5:18 pm

dhae2604 how amazing are you 11 months...go you, how do you feel ? X
Anxious_mary_420

Likes Received: 41

Postby dhae2604 » Fri May 11, 2018 5:29 pm

Hi anxious Mary I cant say Im at 100%
still dealing with Mostly anxiety, depression also I think, sleep disturbance, mood swing, etc. having Good days & bad days... mental anxiety is what im having diffulty with.

How about you? can you share your story? Whats the most difficult youre dealing with, with your abstinence?
dhae2604

Postby helenadoc » Fri May 11, 2018 5:58 pm

Anxious_mary_420 wrote:Helenadoc.sounds like you have done an amazing job staying sober for 10 months wow that's great. I'm only on 6 weeks and the anxiety is a bitch but still hopefully getting there. I can't believe how long this whole process takes and honest to God had no clue PAWS existed for weed quitters !! This is my first quit after 24 years smoking. I wish I was on month 10 ! Keep going and all the best to you. X

Hi Mary! Thank you so much for your kind words. I had no clue PAWS existed at all :))) i didn't know it was a thing.
I smoked for 2 maybe 3 years, i can't remember exactly when i started to smoke everyday, and i didn't think it will take so much time and anguish. But i do hope it will all pass.
Congrats on your period of abstinence. Keep it going and it will get better,i promise you. My first 4 months were hell on earth. I never experienced anything like this before. But it gets better and bearable with time. We are here if you want to talk. And when you are going through hard times, write here your thoughts and fight the cravings.
Much love to you. Xoxo
helenadoc

Postby dhae2604 » Fri May 11, 2018 6:22 pm

Hi do you notice guys. sometimes at the end of the day, at night, until sleeping time that the symptoms have lessen/ disappear?

PAWS Suck.
dhae2604

Postby dhae2604 » Fri May 11, 2018 6:26 pm

Hi Helena, do you have mental health issue/ anxiety/ deppre../ etc. before or during your weed use?
dhae2604

Postby exstonerinhell » Fri May 11, 2018 6:34 pm

Great job, Helena! I hope over the next couple months here you start turning some major corners and find yourself out of the woods sooner than later. I'll be rooting for you!
exstonerinhell

Likes Received: 71

Postby exstonerinhell » Fri May 11, 2018 6:36 pm

dhae2604 wrote:Hi do you notice guys. sometimes at the end of the day, at night, until sleeping time that the symptoms have lessen/ disappear?

PAWS Suck.

I don't know what it is, but I get the same thing. Around bedtime I feel almost normal. It's like I know when I should go to sleep cause I'm feeling better.
exstonerinhell

Postby exstonerinhell » Fri May 11, 2018 6:40 pm

Anxious_mary_420 wrote:Helenadoc.sounds like you have done an amazing job staying sober for 10 months wow that's great. I'm only on 6 weeks and the anxiety is a bitch but still hopefully getting there. I can't believe how long this whole process takes and honest to God had no clue PAWS existed for weed quitters !! This is my first quit after 24 years smoking. I wish I was on month 10 ! Keep going and all the best to you. X

I quit once, about 10 years ago and had 0 problems. This time around, it's a nightmare. I have a few guesses, the main one being that the THC % is just higher, but there are so many cannabinoids that we know nothing about. No one knows which of those are being raised to insane levels with the THC being singled out the way it is.

Anyway, we're all here with you, Mary, keep strong!
exstonerinhell

Postby dhae2604 » Fri May 11, 2018 6:47 pm

hi exstoner yes thats what I mean before bedtime we feel normal

I notice also most I read the first time they quit no problem. same thing to me. I quit first time no problem. But i only use low quality marijuana mostly leaves & seeds. that just makes me laugh so hard & increase appetite. Then quit no problem. But then I return after 6month Using 'Kush' High THC then quit bcoz of badtrip then after 7-9 days gradually withdrawal show in full force.

anyway its bearable now. But I still cant find that "Happiness". maybe Im just impatient & frustrated. I think its really just waiting game
dhae2604

Postby exstonerinhell » Fri May 11, 2018 6:50 pm

dhae2604 wrote:hi exstoner yes thats what I mean before bedtime we feel normal

It's like a reward for making it through another crappy day! :lol:
exstonerinhell

Postby helenadoc » Fri May 11, 2018 7:23 pm

dhae2604 wrote:Hi Helena, do you have mental health issue/ anxiety/ deppre../ etc. before or during your weed use?

No, i didn't have any issues like this. I didn't even know what anxiety means, or what is like to have a panick attack. All this sh** happened after i stopped smoking. It is very hard for me to cope with this because i didn't have it in the past. I mean, i had my bad periods as every other human being, but not like this. This is hell. Is a unnatural state for me. I keep saying "this is not me, is not who i am, i need to get back to me" which is true. Anxiety and depression are not my thing.
helenadoc

Postby Bagobones » Fri May 11, 2018 9:42 pm

helenadoc wrote:
dhae2604 wrote:Hi Helena, do you have mental health issue/ anxiety/ deppre../ etc. before or during your weed use?

No, i didn't have any issues like this. I didn't even know what anxiety means, or what is like to have a panick attack. All this sh** happened after i stopped smoking. It is very hard for me to cope with this because i didn't have it in the past. I mean, i had my bad periods as every other human being, but not like this. This is hell. Is a unnatural state for me. I keep saying "this is not me, is not who i am, i need to get back to me" which is true. Anxiety and depression are not my thing.

Very good to hear your doing better, Helenadoc. That was my experience too, I had never had those things before quitting eighter. I had no idea what anxiety was.
I had anxiety during my first year sober, but not really bad.. But wow, irrational fears.. What a trip that is!

Its all gone for me now, and I really hope for you too soon...
Bagobones

Likes Received: 103

Next