My brain and I

Postby bigjoe » Wed May 16, 2018 7:58 pm

Hello, I am Joel and I have a problem..
Actually, quite a few of them.
First thing is that I have absolutely no interests in life.. nothing real to hold on to, even though my life is good and comfortable.
I don't have motivation to REALLY do something for myself or someone else, I mostly just laze around all day waiting for another empty day to pass. I have alot of thoughts, but that is exactly the problem... They're just thoughts and I end up not doing anything. I am scared that I will end up as nothing.
Everything I do just makes everything worse, since I say such stupid things and I don't know and can't stop. I am not depressed, just empty, and I need something in my life to do.. thanks for reading!

Joel.
bigjoe

Likes Received: 0

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Wed May 16, 2018 9:24 pm

This is a common problem. Comfort...lack of need creates conditions that promote, that enable exactly what you are experiencing. What is seen as comforts are actually barriers. You are not alone. Right now there are millions of people that are effectively human veal, where they live a comfortable yet dull existence as they are housed, fed, and just sit around waiting to die surfing the internet.

If you want to change it, find ways to take down the barriers, i.e. intentionally take away your comforts. This can take many forms, but the most drastic involve major life decisions, such as to go join the military or join the peace corps. Move to an entirely new environment to take on a new challenge.
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 985

Postby DrPsychFeels » Thu May 17, 2018 9:29 pm

The biggest problem of our generation is the lack of need, not the lack of satisfaction.
DrPsychFeels

Likes Received: 8

Postby SerenityAndWellBeing » Mon May 21, 2018 9:55 am

Hello Joel, the lack of motivation is connected to the emotions. If you begin one thing and you have good emotions this will give motivation to carry on. If you deep down feel that beginning things will not give you good emotions, but bad ones instead, then you do not begin anything to avoid pain. You need to investigate what are the real causes of this apathy, and for sure there are clear causes that start from childhood, and to work deeply on them. It is not the easy way but i am sure that only in that one you can change your life for good. And just in a psychological journey in my experience you can do that.

Hope this helps!
SerenityAndWellBeing

Likes Received: 0