7 years daily smoker - Quit diary (need help)

Postby Chronic Chronic » Sat May 19, 2018 12:21 am

Hello everyone, after 22 days of quitting weed cold turkey i'm finally here to tell my on-going story - and let me tell you its not easy..

Here's a little backstory about me: So i started smoking weed when i was around 13-14 years old and i quickly became a daily smoker. I'm 20 now meaning that i have smoked around 7 years daily through most of my brain developmental period. At the time that i quit, i was smoking around 5-8 bong rips a day of high quality weed. I am a relatively skinny male and had his first panic attack a couple of years ago caused by smoking too much weed, I've had problems with anxiety ever since (i also have health anxiety even though i am probably healthy - but am i really? hah).

Here are my experiences so far:

Day 0-3:
I felt good and productive! i felt good about my life and the choices that i'm making to improve it! My symptoms where minimal, did i even have any symptoms? I certainly felt like smoking weed alot.

Day 4-5:
That's when it hit me.. i woke up so dizzy, disoriented, in a fog, incoherent, tingly and weird sensations on hands and feet, muscle weakness, muscle cramps, fatigue, minor nausea, loss of appetite, fever like symptoms, my armpits were sweaty and had a strong odor. It hit me like a train and this triggered my health anxiety which made me think i was suffering from MS (multiple sclerosis) which caused me to panic.. i remember walking outside in a complete hopeless daze thinking that my happy life was about to end. I walked to the mall and stopped by the health store, i happened to get CBD oil for whatever reason and i gave it a try, it seemed to reduce my symptoms by 30% and my appetite was regained in full!. It was at this point that i found this forum and saw that other chronic smokers were having these symptoms too which made me so relived! (for the time being)

Week 2:
Knowing that my symptoms were most likely from withdrawal i continued to press on! After feeling so nauseous and bad on day 4-5 they very thought of smoking weed made me feel sick. During this week my symptoms got better, i had less muscle pain and fatigue (its important to note that these feeling comes and goes and is not persistent), i felt a bit of fatigue, however i still felt quite dizzy/foggy and some times incoherent, it was hard to focus on things that i was looking at with my brain (this dizzy/fog always persisted to some degree some days and times was worse then others). I didn't have much depression or anxiety or anything since i was very optimistic about my future and my life right now it pretty stress free (no work or school). In general i felt like my symptoms were mostly mental and not physical.

Week 3:
at the beginning of week 3 i felt just like in week 2, pretty good. However as the week progressed i noticed that my anxiety was slowly building i also felt sadder, and this time from no triggers (maybe just life in general). Right now i'm on day 22 and well... today it seems like the symptoms from day 3-4 is making a comeback (i'm currently writing this from my bed). Over the course of today i felt like my muscle weakness got much worse, and also had some cramping in both legs, some minor tingly in my hands and feet as well and overall fatigue, sweaty palms, fever like symptoms, i'm also nauseous, my armpits don't stink as bad. I can feel this feeling of anxiety welling up within me - i'm scared. After feeling so good on week 2 and most of week 3 why suddenly do i feel so bad! Maybe i really so have MS i'm actually so scared at the prospect :( i'm so young, i'm scared! The more scared i feel the more nauseous and dizzy i feel!

I hate how weed withdrawal, anxiety and MS all have similar symptoms. I don't know whats going on!

Anyways that's where i'm at right now, in bed, hopeless, scared.. if anyone felt worse after a period of feeling better id love your input. Any support is great right now thanks<3
Chronic Chronic

Likes Received: 1

Postby cleanofgreen » Sat May 19, 2018 8:47 am

Hey Chronic
I feel for you and know where you are right now. As a chronic smoker for years the THC in your body could take up to 6 weeks to leave. For me I was fairly ok for the first 6 weeks off weed after 24 years of smoking, it only hit me on week 6 when the anxiety came on strong and I thought my world was ending. As you said, your skinny and probably have a fast metabolism so your body might have already shed all its thc by now and so the paws symptoms are starting. Do a search for PAWS on this site to prepare yourself.

We're all rooting for you here so Stay Strong.
cleanofgreen

Likes Received: 147

Postby dhae2604 » Sat May 19, 2018 4:39 pm

Hi there cleanofgreen. youre correct & very good advice. How are you doing now after your quit
dhae2604

Likes Received: 23

Postby Chronic Chronic » Sat May 19, 2018 6:44 pm

Thanks guys! I have to say that i think i caught the flu or something and my strength is regaining (fever and everything). Was pretty tough but i can say i'm 75% better. I think you may be right cleanofgreen, maybe PAWS is just making me scared of every little thing and multiplying it by 100. Will continue to post about my experiences.
Chronic Chronic

Postby Anxious_mary_420 » Sat May 19, 2018 10:22 pm

Chronic chronic. .stay strong and keep pushing through. .you are not alone. We are all here for you. Keep posting. Lots of luck xx
Anxious_mary_420

Likes Received: 41

Postby Chronic Chronic » Sat May 19, 2018 10:58 pm

Thanks Mary ill remember that, it means alot <3

Also i wanted to say that im scrapping this post n i have made a new one titled '7 years daily smoker - Quit Diary'. I did this because i wanted to project a more positive vibe for future people who are reading it trying to quit. If a mod can delete this thread i would be happy.
Chronic Chronic