Should we believe in God?

#30

Postby Candid » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:37 pm

lunarious wrote:I belive we should believe in God...


Points from me for starting that post with the words "I believe..."

I believe you are wrong.
User avatar
Candid
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 7769
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:00 am
Location: Reading, England
Likes Received: 294


#31

Postby lunarious » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:12 pm

Candid wrote:
lunarious wrote:I belive we should believe in God...


Points from me for starting that post with the words "I believe..."

I believe you are wrong.

Candid. You are free to chose what to believe in and disbelieve in. To disbelieve is to be kafir briefly spoken. Kafir (kufr) and cover is the same thing, which is to reject something, to have a curtain between you and it. You can not see it, but you might hear it (hearing is related to the chest where brain and heart is), and you might be under so much influence you can't notice what you are hearing. To believe is to be certain of something, check the dictionary, to have proof. You are thinking of faith, which there is no verb to i know of. To faith? Spoken with my ability.

So remind, [O Muhammad]; you are only a reminder. You are not over them a controller. However, he who turns away and disbelieves - Then Allah will punish him with the greatest punishment. Indeed, to Us is their return. Then indeed, upon Us is their account.

You are very kind Candid.
lunarious
 

#32

Postby Fresha » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:19 am

Religion and the belief in God, like politics, industry and other hierarchical power structures is all about disempowerment, manipulation of the masses - psyops in short. You convince someone great power lies elsewhere and that they must submit to that great power - and you actually have great power over that person. That person's submission and ignorance enables directly influences their own disempowerment. I was an altar boy as a child and figured this out by the time I was 13. It's how the world is run. It's how governments operate. It's how the masses are pacified. It's what stops millions of poor people rising up against their corrupt governments. Because they believe that underneath all their pointless suffering at the end of the day they are special, God will take care of them and they will go to heaven. Sorry to disappoint anybody here actually deluded enough to believe in a God but you need to wake up. The reality is there is no God, 95% of the worlds population are suffering, the universe is a chaotic ****ing mess and you twinkle toes are living in fantasy land.
Fresha
Junior Member
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:56 am
Likes Received: 0

#33

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:12 am

Fresha wrote: I ... figured this out by the time I was 13.


Isn’t it great that institutions developed and revised over hundreds if not thousands of years by the most erudite elders in a given community can’t fool all of the 13 year olds. Whew! We really dodged a bullet on that one.
User avatar
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 9903
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:25 am
Likes Received: 993

#34

Postby Armstrong » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:06 pm

Richard@DecisionSkills wrote:
Fresha wrote: I ... figured this out by the time I was 13.


Isn’t it great that institutions developed and revised over hundreds if not thousands of years by the most erudite elders in a given community can’t fool all of the 13 year olds. Whew! We really dodged a bullet on that one.

Of course. I was banned again. What crime did i commit? I'm an ENTJ, my latest conclution about who I am. I am a natural born leader and my honesty is unmatched, giving a VERY realistic unclouded view of the world. And this honesty works up "a trap", God the True creates it as long as I'm honest, and it functions well (the reason like you say you are under Gods and my control) because you people are naturally good-ness oriented before truth and honesty even if it is miniscule things, great lies have bigger impact on your submission to God, i'm a mere human. You must submit because of your orientation to life. That is not the question. The question is will you submit willingly or not? If you ban me, and keep on, i and God will use our shaddows on you, and your shaddows on yourselves. The shaddows are the "things" which makes you jump at night because of your fears of persecution of God (your consience), the evil.

This is a warning. You can ignore it and pay the price. For example i tell you don't drive faster than 100km/t because it is not safe and because of this, for then that happens, and so on. If you ignore my warnings the law and God, he will kill you and that will possibly nit be the end.

It is Gods way or the highway. You have free will ti believe or disbelieve, exactly like Candid, like i told her.

Good luck ^_^
Armstrong
Junior Member
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:44 pm
Likes Received: 1

#35

Postby Armstrong » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:17 pm

Don't be maniac (manisk in Norwegian), don't be psychotic. But you are free to be addicts of pleasure, and use up your 'reserve' with God, by testing his patience and seeing how much pleasure you possibly can take from his treasures.

In Iraq we say God grants respite but does't ignore. And that acceptance (with little) is a treasure which has no end.
Armstrong
Junior Member
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:44 pm
Likes Received: 1

#36

Postby T_U_B » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:10 pm

Well, I am Christian, I believe in god for a variety of reasons.
In my respective opinion for a start the entire Macro evelofion theory doesn’t have any proof, I mean I have not seen a documentary of cracking a fossil to find a have monkey, have human. People still beleive it though, so so find nothing wrong with having faith in God. Think of it this way also, even if science proved that people existed and did certain things etc. Why does it matter? I would prefer to have a positive mindset about the afterlife than a negative one. However, my final statement is that I believe religions shouldn’t label things as much, because it could cause more bad than good. That is all from me. :D
T_U_B
New Member
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:56 pm
Likes Received: 0

#37

Postby Armstrong » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:32 pm

Both Chrisians and Muslims, i don't know about Jews, believe the 'world' is 6-7000 years old. Before that there were other worlds. Other things. How can we lie about dinosaus fossils and old humans? Darwinism AFAIK is foolproof.
Armstrong
Junior Member
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:44 pm
Likes Received: 1

#38

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:50 am

Armstrong wrote:If you ban me, and keep on, i and God will use our shaddows on you, and your shaddows on yourselves.


No worries then, given I don’t ban anyone.
User avatar
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 9903
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:25 am
Likes Received: 993

#39

Postby tokeless » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:17 am

This is a warning. You can ignore it and pay the price. For example i tell you don't drive faster than 100km/t because it is not safe and because of this, for then that happens, and so on. If you ignore my warnings the law and God, he will kill you and that will possibly nit be the end.

That's just ding bat crazy.
tokeless
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1922
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 5:17 pm
Likes Received: 224

#40

Postby Armstrong » Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:19 pm

Richard@DecisionSkills wrote:
Armstrong wrote:If you ban me, and keep on, i and God will use our shaddows on you, and your shaddows on yourselves.


No worries then, given I don’t ban anyone.

If i'm dependent on not being banned, God is not. And why are we talking about religion?
Armstrong
Junior Member
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:44 pm
Likes Received: 1

#41

Postby Candid » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:41 pm

lunarious wrote:To believe is to be certain of something, check the dictionary, to have proof.


I must correct you, lunarious. To believe, by definition, is NOT to be certain of something.

To experience is to be certain of something. To believe is merely to accept what you've been told.

A dictionary is no help in this matter.

Respectfully,
Candid
User avatar
Candid
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 7769
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:00 am
Location: Reading, England
Likes Received: 294

#42

Postby laureat » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:43 pm

i dont believe in god but i dont do sins*

I dont need god to tell me not to do bad things to somebody else because i myself try to keep it fair as possible with other people
laureat
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1448
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:45 pm
Location: Kosovo
Likes Received: 110

#43

Postby Armstrong » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:49 pm

Candid wrote:To experience is to be certain of something. To believe is merely to accept what you've been told.

A dictionary is no help in this matter.

Respectfully,
Candid

Thank God i wasn't rash like always. I was silent for peace, my heart did not agree. Like your heart (possibly) doesn't agree with me.

I agree with your definition of belief and experience but Allah is not anyone, he is unique and it is not a mistake to let him think for you as behavioral control, while he tells and asks you to reflect on his divine superior words.

Islam means peace/submission in Arabic. To give, you give your pledge to Allah, you give (up). To the highest (Allah). You surrender, like you surrender to police (lifting your hands / Takbir - Allahu Akbar motion) and gain guidance.

We can't all experience, yet we can all believe and reflect on/in the Quran - Allahs words.

Much love and respect Candid
Armstrong
Junior Member
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:44 pm
Likes Received: 1

#44

Postby Livetowin » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:02 pm

I've always been mystified at the divide people create when discussing belief systems. If any person takes the time to ask the question, " Why am I here," there's going to be a line of reasoning within a network of philosophies that you eventually adhere yourself to as the probable outcome. People can label it anyway they wish - Muslim, Christian, Atheist, etc. And yet, when I hear people debate those ideas, the attitude of those demeaning the other is based on this notion that only one side is "shackled" to a list of rules, where as the other is free to discover the world as it actually exists. Excuse my frankness, but I find that a laughable mind-f*ck people default to in these arguments.

Whatever philosophy we assign ourselves to, is within itself a structure of reasoning based on the thoughts and observations of others. Just because one person calls themselves a scientist versus another who states to be a prophet, doesn't really absolve them from the greater task in play which is a person offering ideas. And how do we rationalize it when they might intersect one another? If a Christian believes God made the earth in seven days, how do we know that is not the Hebrew expression for evolution as science sees it? If atheists believe there is life in other forms in outer space, why do they laugh at the notion of a spiritual being coming to the planet in human form? You can find commonality in every belief system, yet people want to work from a position of absolutes.

I'm a big believer in how I treat those around me. I respect the space of others to live their lives as they wish. I ask they return that consideration by respecting the space in which I live mine. It's a little term called tolerance. It's amazing how complicated that can get for some people who want to impose their views upon you as a way to measure your "worth". I believe you live by example, not by force. Anyone who says, " You can't say this or address me as that," are trying to take freedom of choice from you as a form of empowerment unto themselves. They want you to defer to them as the wielder of some imposed standard that you must satisfy.

I think Stephen Fry summed it up best when he said, " I think one of the greatest human failings is to prefer to be right rather than effective." We need to learn to get along and respect our differences instead of demeaning, imposing, and otherwise shaming those who choose to see the world in a different light. Sharing ideas is how we grow, in my humble opinion.
Livetowin
Preferred Member
 
Posts: 983
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:18 pm
Likes Received: 82


PreviousNext

Return to Psychology