Marijuana

Postby Marriedinbenton » Wed May 23, 2018 2:27 pm

I live in state with medical marijuana and have card and have smoked since 20 years old now 49. My wife went on a tirade last night breaking pipes and paraphernalia demanding I stop and said I love weed over her. It helps with my anxiety and I don’t want to be on Prozac lithium and Valium. Yet she would prefer that according to her. Advice?
Marriedinbenton

Likes Received: 0

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Wed May 23, 2018 2:53 pm

Medicine is never suppose to be a permanent crutch. Sometimes it is unavoidable, but in theory medicine is a temporary solution to cure an underlying problem. And abusing medicine can cause huge problems in any relationship, especially if the use of the medicine is seen as negative, harmful, and/or damaging to the relationship.

There are plenty of couples that struggle when one person is prescribed a prescription for XYZ, e.g. pain killers and there are unintended consequences. The solution is they return to the doctor repeatedly to adjust the medication or seek different treatment options. A medical prescription for marijuana would be the same situation.

But that is not what you are facing. You started smoking 30 years ago, so that a substance that can be used as a benefit has become the problem. Marijuana has become a permanent crutch in your life and as your cognitive abilities decline, the negative impacts grow.

Anxiety is your underlying problem. Your long term solution is to seek professional help to overcome anxiety and reduce your dependence on marijuana.
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 998

Postby Marriedinbenton » Wed May 23, 2018 3:20 pm

Ty for your insight
Marriedinbenton

Postby uncanni » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:21 am

I have to disagree with Richard; if you know anything about the Endocannabinoid Syste--which is activated throughout the body by cannabinoids and terpenes-- then you know that it can be saturated and it can be depleted. Cannabis is not one of those medicines that you take temporarily; it's more like a vitamin or any long-term medication you're on.

It definitely helps with my anxiety. I make my own tinctures and they work far better than smoking ever did for me. I also vape a little.
uncanni

Postby ashthewarrior7 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:55 am

Lets talk about anxiety for a second here guys. Anxiety is a by product of an underlying cause AKA a symptom. Weed, Medicines (Prozac, Valium, Etc) tackle the SYMPTOMS not the cause. explore the cause of your anxiety and fix it. Our body is powerful and wonderful, it will come out of a disorder/disease if you give it the right treatment in the right time.

Cannabis being like a vitamin? Yes absolutely but it is not something we should be depending on, especially if you having too much of it. Any vitamin/mineral over dose causes problems. Moderation and balance is key. May all beings be happy!
ashthewarrior7

Likes Received: 28

Postby uncanni » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:58 am

The Endocannabinoid System: Look it up and read about what it does, how it works, what nourishes it. Look at the research on cannabis and anxiety. I'd be glad to attach some links.

If you don't know about these things, then you're expressing opinions--not dealing with facts/evidence.
uncanni

Postby ashthewarrior7 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:15 am

Uncanni,

I'm not saying Marijuana is bad, I agree it helps in a lot of functions, All I'm saying is over doing it will cause dependency rather than the body doing its own thing. Body becomes resistant to Marijuana and the Cannbinoids it gives. Then what? my question to you uncanni, do you really need a supplement for the endocannabinoid system or do you believe it cannot be "nourished" on its own?
ashthewarrior7

Postby quietvoice » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:46 am

I agree with ashthewarrior7.

If you're suffering from anxiety, perhaps it's time to pay attention to your adrenals. Most people's adrenals are down due to lifestyle factors. The biggest lifestyle factor involved is diet. Again, most people's diet is atrocious. It will take some time to build them back up, but the solution really is simple.

The following two YouTube channels would be of interest to those wanting to get to the root cause instead of playing around with suppressing symptoms (like what the medical industry does and promotes).

Robert Morse ND
John Rose
quietvoice

Likes Received: 211

Postby uncanni » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:56 pm

I still disagree with you all, and I don't think you know enough about the ECS.
uncanni

Postby ashthewarrior7 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:05 pm

I didn't say anything on my last post for you to disagree on, it was a question. I even said weed is good. You're on a forum where there are folks who are trying to battle addiction they didn't even know but existed. This is not a benefits of weed forum. Please do not discourage others who are trying to get out of their addictions. Good day.
ashthewarrior7

Postby quietvoice » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:42 pm

uncanni wrote:I still disagree with you all, and I don't think you know enough about the ECS.

Do you disagree that diet is a major factor in health (which includes the health of the adrenals and the anxiety resulting from low-functioning adrenals)?
quietvoice

Likes Received: 211

Postby potsleep » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:08 pm

You do love weed more than your wife. You are a text book addict in denial.

Get off weed for 12 months and this statement will hit you like a ton of bricks.
potsleep

Likes Received: 8