Madonna-Whore complex in women.

Postby Yoshiii7 » Thu May 24, 2018 1:54 pm

Hi guys!

Recently a new girl at work has joined our team. She has been sending myself and a few other guys sexual messages withing 10 minutes of meeting us. She is in a relationship and has been for 4 years. Can someone explain the reasoning behind this behaviour? Is it MWC?

Yoshiii7

Likes Received: 0

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Thu May 24, 2018 2:08 pm

What is your goal?

You are not just curious about the psychology of this woman. There is a new woman (not girl) on the team and you and a few other men are gossiping about this woman, because her behavior is seen as inappropriate.

If you want to be professional, you don’t respond to her messages and you don’t engage with the other men about her behaviors. Find something else to talk about. Distance yourself from those that engage in talking about this woman.

If you want to be unprofessional, then come up with whatever fun psychological diagnosis you wish. Call it MWC, say she has low self esteem, is an unfaithful attention whore, etc. etc. There are certainly any number of ways to discuss and label the inappropriate behaviors of this woman.

So...again, what is your goal? What are you trying to accomplish in having strangers in a forum diagnose a person they don’t know based on a few sentences?
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 985

Postby Yoshiii7 » Thu May 24, 2018 2:19 pm

Hi Richard.

Thank you for your reply even if some what condescending.

My goal is to understand better people behaviours and as someone who is quite keen on psychology assumed that a forum as such may have been able to shed some light on how to manage said situation in the best way possible.

So please accept my apology if i have mistaken this forum as one that could help said situation :)
Yoshiii7

Postby Candid » Thu May 24, 2018 2:26 pm

Help? What help do you need? These are the questions you asked:

Can someone explain the reasoning behind this behaviour? Is it MWC?

What's the reason behind your behaviour? Are you a MCP?
Candid
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 289

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Thu May 24, 2018 2:28 pm

Yoshiii7 wrote: So please accept my apology if i have mistaken this forum as one that could help said situation.

You did not make a mistake.

The advice I provided you is to help the situation. That is why I asked what is your goal in asking strangers about a psychological diagnosis? Is it to be a professional in a professional work environment? Or is your goal to be someone that gossips about a new employee?

My advice helps you focus on the goal which is most likely your best path, one of being and maintaining your professionalism when faced with inappropriate behavior.
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP

Postby quietvoice » Thu May 24, 2018 2:29 pm

Yoshiii7 wrote:She has been sending myself and a few other guys sexual messages withing 10 minutes of meeting us.

This implies that you and a few other guys gave this woman your phone numbers with 10 minutes of meeting her. Why would you do that?

Yoshiii7 wrote:Is it MWC?

No. The term applies to those of the male gender.
quietvoice

Likes Received: 207

Postby Yoshiii7 » Thu May 24, 2018 2:38 pm

Thank you all for the enlightening yet savage experience of posting.

Managed to get what i needed out of today!

Have a good time all the way up there :)
Yoshiii7

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Thu May 24, 2018 2:47 pm

Yoshiii7 wrote:... the enlightening yet savage experience of posting.

Savage?

I'm not sure what was so savage about the experience. At the absolute worst, you received opinions that maybe you were not expecting. How is that savage?

It seems like a very low threshold for "savage".
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP

Postby DrPsychFeels » Sun May 27, 2018 3:38 pm

Geez, just answer his question.

The Madonna-Whore complex is something men have in their relations with women.

It's the inability of a man to see a woman as both a madonna (mother) and whore (sexual object).

In today's lingo, this takes the form of seeing women as "good girls" or "bad girls."

The resolution of this complex, according to Freud, involves being able to see each women as both a madonna and whore.

This girl at work may just like attention from men for who knows what reason.
DrPsychFeels

Likes Received: 8