Seriously depressed and disturbed in life

Postby rajumshr » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:16 am

I am 35 year old software engineer from India. From last few years I kept loosing big in stocks . Till date I have lost 70 percent of all my earning. I always had a feeling I can make big in stocks as a result I stopped focusing on my job. Now I am on the verge of loosing job as well. I have been a self made man and struggled really hard in my early life. Now I always feel I have completely destroyed 5 years of my life. I try to focus on my job but always get a feeling I won't be able to do anything good. I could have given much better life to my spouse and kids , had I focused more on the job and stayed away from taking big bets in stocks. I feel very weak lonely guilty and various negative feeling in mind. Please some give any helpful suggestion. I am introvert and no one knows about all this, not even my wife
rajumshr

Likes Received: 0

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:47 am

rajumshr wrote: Now I always feel I have completely destroyed 5 years of my life.

You lost some money. That’s it. Plenty of people face financial challenges in life. You learned.

You have a job as an engineer in a high demand field.
You have a wife.
You have kids.

That doesn’t sound destroyed. That sounds very fortunate.

Go home, hug your wife, hug your kids, appreciate what you have, move forward.

Here is a book on responsible financial management.

https://amzn.to/2LfPSzW
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 1010

Postby DrPsychFeels » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:30 pm

rajumshr wrote:I feel very weak lonely guilty and various negative feeling in mind. Please some give any helpful suggestion. I am introvert and no one knows about all this, not even my wife

This is the problem. Not the mistake. We all make mistakes with money.

But you're lonely. Your wife deserves to know, through the conversation with her she'll become disappointed which will motivate you to learn the most you possibly can from this mistake and with enough time and commitment and communication with your wife you can turn this around. People have turned way worse situations around.
DrPsychFeels

Likes Received: 8