I unconsciously know things that I shouldn't

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:00 pm

Alex Recipe wrote:You're ignoring the part when I said that this has happened constantly for all my life,

And what are you ignoring?

I have asked several times about the underlying reasons for your feeling that you lack control. You ignore this.
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 1078

Postby Alex Recipe » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:15 pm

It's an unconscious thing, if you put it as lack of control it doesn't make sense, it is the same as trying to understand why you have sexual desires and hunger, there are explanations for that, but for this?
Alex Recipe

Likes Received: 0

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:42 pm

Alex Recipe wrote:... there are explanations for that, but for this?

There are multiple explanations.

There are physical explanations based in the fields of psychology, neurology, sociology, etc. We have already touched on some of those, specifically issues related to cognitive bias.

Then there are meta-physical explanations based in spirituality, ideology, philosophy, etc.

Which of these explanations are you open to accepting?

Based on your posts, it seems like you already have an explanation you want to be true. While any explanation that challenges your self-image or any core belief you currently hold will be instantly rejected, any explanation that fits with your current narrative of possessing a unique gift will be embraced.

This is understandable and not uncommon, but in a forum it makes for a protracted discussion as the individual rejects any explanation they don’t wish to hear.

I see two options that I can recommend:

-1- Continue shopping for an explanation you like. Eventually you will find someone that provides an explanation that fits the narrative you want. There is nothing necessarily wrong with this. We all have the desire to maintain our identities.

-2- Prove yourself wrong. This can be a lot of fun. Consider the various explanations that prove your predictions are normal human behavior that you control.
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP

Postby Alex Recipe » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:06 pm

It's true I have an explanation, the problem is that I don't know what it is, I am denying all other that you pointed out because I already considered them and discarded because non of them allows me to use this skill.

I am open to any explanation that I haven't thought about yet, but I would rather have it be scientific than meta-physical.

I could've pointed out what I already excluded but I didn't for a specific reason, even if someone tells me something that I considered, they might have a way of viewing it to which I have no access to so that would be useful.

I speak to my therapist often to understand if I have a bias towards this or other things, until now I can keep my bias under control or at least acknowledge it.

I have tried to prove myself wrong, I know that it has to do with human interactions and specially instinct.

What I want is to find a precise diagnose because it will surely have a tool-set to take control of this, and this is what I'm looking for.

I don't want a "maybe is this and this and this together", but I want a category, a box where to put it and analyse it.
There is too much of a grey area to even start understanding what this is specifically.

Other than that I am convinced that this happens to many people, if the mind is left in control, but if it's poisoned by bias and conciousness, it can get lost and the skill becomes useless therefore wrong predictions.

The difference with me it's that I decided to open my mouth and let words flow without knowing what I'm going to say and only after I analyse it to see if it makes sense. I know that this is happening, most people don't, and that's why they cannot use it, consciously or unconsciously, I think that Carl Jung was a person who could use it at his command and I'm sure others did as well, I think that being educated is one step closer to finding the reason, unfortunately I don't have access to it so all I can do is ask anyone who might know.
Alex Recipe

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:20 pm

And how does your therapist explain it? And why is your therapist's explanation not accurate?
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP

Postby Alex Recipe » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:27 pm

"Psychology it's just human nature" you can see for yourself how it's not accurate.
Alex Recipe

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:31 pm

The therapist tells you "psychology is human nature" and you can see for yourself that your predictions are not accurate? That is how your therapist explains your predictions?
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:39 am

One way to figure out your predictive power is to have a 2nd party, like a therapist show you videos of behaviors and see to what extent you are able to predict above average. For instance, penalty kicks have roughly a 50/50 chance. The behavior of the shooter will be to shoot the ball left or right, with an occasional third option.

Once you have demonstrated to the therapist your ability to predict behavior above the norm this should then open up access to more advanced resources, including university level researchers that would appreciate you as an intriguing case study. They could use advance techniques such as fmri scanners, etc.
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP

Postby Alex Recipe » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:54 pm

I need to try it but I don't think my therapist has contacts in this matter, I suppose, because he didn't point out to me anything of the sorts.
Alex Recipe

Postby Alex Recipe » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:59 pm

Richard@DecisionSkills wrote: That is how your therapist explains your predictions?

Yeah I didn't really give him any proof other than what I did in the past and I've been studying psychology on my own for about 4 years now so he probably discarded it as just knowledge that I acquired.

Another thing that is interesting is that I can look at a persons face and know parts of their personality and behaviour, my friends ask me constantly to analyse people in this way and until now I haven't been wrong once but I don't think it's out of the ordinary, it's mostly related on body language and expressions which are integral part of human instincts.

This is also related to what the psychologist said: It's only normal for people to know psychology unconsciously since it's part of nature.

This of course doesn't explain to me how it can be so precise in my case even if I'm speaking of clinical cases.
Alex Recipe

Postby quietvoice » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:48 pm

Alex Recipe wrote:Another thing that is interesting is that I can look at a persons face and know parts of their personality and behaviour, my friends ask me constantly to analyse people in this way and until now I haven't been wrong once . . ..

So, why aren't you out making a business out of this talent?
quietvoice

Likes Received: 229

Postby Alex Recipe » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:28 pm

Because I don't have an audience
Alex Recipe

Postby quietvoice » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:47 pm

Alex Recipe wrote:Because I don't have an audience

You go out and create your business. Figure out what you can do, and go do it. Do you think that audiences are supposed to be waiting around the corner for you? Perhaps, you're not of the entrepreneurial mindset.
quietvoice

Likes Received: 229

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:12 pm

Alex Recipe wrote: This of course doesn't explain to me how it can be so precise in my case even if I'm speaking of clinical cases.

It currently doesn’t explain it, because as you have stated it hasn’t been tested. You are currently guessing based on anecdotal evidence provided by friends.
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP

Postby Alex Recipe » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:34 am

quietvoice wrote:
Alex Recipe wrote:Because I don't have an audience

You go out and create your business. Figure out what you can do, and go do it. Do you think that audiences are supposed to be waiting around the corner for you? Perhaps, you're not of the entrepreneurial mindset.

I am doing that, I have a youtube channel Recipe Of Instructions, and I'm trying to reach as wide as possible
Alex Recipe

PreviousNext