Weed Withdrawal pls help

Postby Robb1e_g » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:28 pm

Hey guys, a little over 7 months clean from weed, got drunk once about a couple weeks ago didnt realize that it probably didnt help my recovery, but anyways, I've been doing well for the most part besides a somewhat constant negative thought process I. the back of my head everyday, though it got almost 90 percent better the last couple months. Though the last week and a half has been a struggle. I want to know if anyone struggles with anxiety a lot feeling distressed and asking questions to themselves all the time like about life death meaning and all that stuff. Lately my anxiety has been bad idk if its withdrawal or not, I'm only 7 months in about. Sometimes I question if this is all worth it or if I'm doing the right thing. Just feel trapped in a way. I would love to hear some feedback from others. I just want to go back to a happy life that I used to have with no anxiety or depression or worries or panic like I do now.
Robb1e_g

Likes Received: 25

Postby Viktorovich » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:17 pm

Hey man! As far as i noticed most people get better at 8 month mark. So just have patience. I'll be 7 months in 6 days. The anxiety, depression and depersonalization kicked in again suddenly just couple of days ago. So i kinda know what u're talking about. Stay strong. Sorry for my english
Viktorovich

Likes Received: 0

Postby Robb1e_g » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:29 pm

Hey @Viktorovich thanks for the reply it means a lot. Glad to know I'm not the only one doing through it. It's something that I just cant control for some reason and it feels like I'm struggling to survive in a way, like I'm constantly choosing life or death it's so distressing and not me. Never have had to deal with anything like this before. I hope one day I can live peacefully with content and fulfillment like I used to.
Robb1e_g

Postby alexitaly » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:41 am

A few days are left to reach the 6 months for me. And as for you, anxiety reaches really high peaks, lack of control of thoughts. The difficulty in living daily life remains high, but it can not be said that there have been major improvements over time. Between the second and fourth month, the worst of moments, where I had trouble dealing with people, I could not even go into a bar to drink coffee because I was overwhelmed by the desire to go away and estrange me, find me from just somewhere and distract me in some way. I think it's a sort of mental awakening, a return to a reality that for one reason or another we have buried, or rather, we decided to deform. From a dreamed world to a realistic world the difference is great and our brains defend themselves by placing us in this state. The recovery time varies from person to person, but savors the small improvements and thinks that the worst has already passed. It reminds me of that moment of the night where it is still dark but begins to glimpse a bit of light. For the sun on top of the sky the road is still long, but if you know that the road is the right one, you just have to arm yourself with patience and proceed. As for alcohol I stopped for two months, needless to deny that I have increased the paws because they have added even those of alcohol but after I'm sure this has allowed my body to improve its status. Every time we overcome the most difficult moments of the paws two things happen: we improve our ability to manage them and take another step towards the rebalancing of our mind.
Good luck for your journey, there will be many obstacles but if you read the stories of the people who did it, practically all of them went through the same symptoms, and no one believed to get to fully live life again. Stay strong.
alexitaly

Likes Received: 0

Postby Lucy0611 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:33 pm

Hello, me the same. :( Now Im 9 monthes clean from weed, I smoked it 3 years long. Im struggeling today with bad anxiety, fearful thoughts, terrible feelings. Some weeks are pretty good, some are terrible. But it's better than at the beginning. Like you guys, I also hope to live happy and healthy again one day.
Good luck and stay strong
Lucy0611

Likes Received: 5

Postby Robb1e_g » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:40 pm

Thanks for the reply guys, glad I know I'm not the only one having troubles with it. It seems that my only symptoms are terrible negative thoughts that I almost believe (giving up, no confidence, major distress, somewhat delusional thoughts that I know arent true but feel true) extreme tiredness a lot, lack of ability to focus, just trapped in my head. I hope this is all just withdrawal which u believe it is since you guys are going through it as well. Keep strong guys, hope never gives up on you, you give up on it.
Robb1e_g

Postby reckoning » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:25 am

yes now at six months into my quit ( from long term smoking) I have hit a very very bad bout of being trapped in my head. It is terrible. I, too, wonder is it worth it? I have a complication in assessing my suffering at the moment. Two months ago I stopped taking my anti-depressants, Cipramil 20mgs, ( which I have been taking for 20 years) and now I cannot tell which part of my suffering now I need to push through because of the quit and which part of my suffering is about coming off the antidepressants which really put me into a trance of unworthiness.

How do you know when the suffering is more than the quit?

I have no desire to go back to smoking but I do still have a desire to also be clean from the anti depressants, but today it feels too much and as if it will never go away. It has been building like this for the past two weeks and every day it worsens.

I am interested in any thinking or experience in this area. How do you decide when you need to push through and when you need assistance. I don't find the dr very helpful in getting you to decide. cheers Liz
reckoning

Likes Received: 60

Postby Robb1e_g » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:49 am

Hey @reckoning I sympathize with you about the suffering. But remember theres a reason for it and that no matter how you feel about it, the objective truth is that it really is worth it in the end. You cannot trust a tired mind. Though it feels that we arent getting better, this is the process and punishment we must go through after drugs to get better. Unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to provide the best answer to you about antidepressents as I've never taken them before, I never had any issues with anxiety or depression prior to quitting weed, I only starting smoking because my friends did and unknowingly I didnt realize the affects of it. But I believe this is good news as to show you that drugs including antidepressants have very severe withdrawal symptoms, that I know for a fact. Another fact I know is that it is 100 percent possible to completely heal from these drugs. Of course it wont be easy, nothing worth is it easy, but like I said, so worth it. You must never ever give up. When you're going through hell, keep going. I dont know your beliefs but regardless of that, there is greater purpose not only for you, but everyone. You and me and everyone else on this earth have intrinsic value and meaning. Keep on pushing man, I know it seems like a long time but it really isn't but i haven't seen anyone not get better after 2 years. 2 years seems to be the cut off for getting 100 percent better. Hang in there man.
Robb1e_g

Postby reckoning » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:01 pm

Robb1e_g wrote:Hey @reckoning I sympathize with you about the suffering. But remember theres a reason for it and that no matter how you feel about it, the objective truth is that it really is worth it in the end. You cannot trust a tired mind. Though it feels that we arent getting better, this is the process and punishment we must go through after drugs to get better. Unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to provide the best answer to you about antidepressents as I've never taken them before, I never had any issues with anxiety or depression prior to quitting weed, I only starting smoking because my friends did and unknowingly I didnt realize the affects of it. But I believe this is good news as to show you that drugs including antidepressants have very severe withdrawal symptoms, that I know for a fact. Another fact I know is that it is 100 percent possible to completely heal from these drugs. Of course it wont be easy, nothing worth is it easy, but like I said, so worth it. You must never ever give up. When you're going through hell, keep going. I dont know your beliefs but regardless of that, there is greater purpose not only for you, but everyone. You and me and everyone else on this earth have intrinsic value and meaning. Keep on pushing man, I know it seems like a long time but it really isn't but i haven't seen anyone not get better after 2 years. 2 years seems to be the cut off for getting 100 percent better. Hang in there man.

Thanks very much @Robb1e_g. I love how this forum is so strong on pushing through. Its good to be reminded that we all have intrinsic value too. I appreciate the response and support. My mind is very tired because my sleeping has become sh**. I will keep going. cheers
reckoning

Likes Received: 60

Postby potsleep » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:25 pm

Celebrating 7 months today. Paws has returned for a visit just to stick it to me after feeling like this might be all over.

I’m asking myself all of the same questions as I sit here now having not slept for 48 hours. And asking when suffering will end.

I had to get a new passport photo the other day. I looked so healthy and happy 5 years ago when getting high every day. My photo today looks like a haggard old man with Greg hair and bags under my eyes.

Recovery is slowly killing me.
potsleep

Likes Received: 5