Quit Weed - 7 months in

Postby DaWickerMan777 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:11 pm

Hello all, just a tiny update. Last smoked around December. I have had alot of ups and downs since then, but things have been slowly getting better. I would argue I'm about 80% better. I have off days and the occasional bad sleep but this seems to improve faster. I don't get as down about it as I used to.
DaWickerMan777

Likes Received: 26

Postby leavepawsbehind » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:56 am

Hey there, do you still have issues with tinnitus?
leavepawsbehind

Likes Received: 24

Postby DaWickerMan777 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:59 am

I do
DaWickerMan777

Postby Lucy0611 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:30 pm

Congratulations DaWickerMan777 !!!! 7 months is a long time and you made it. You could be very proud of yourself. Time heals a lot. Im ~ 11 months in and we are at the beginning of a new lifetime. Keep going on. Stay strong.
Lucy0611

Likes Received: 7

Postby leavepawsbehind » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:31 pm

DaWickerMan777 wrote:I do

Sorry to bring it up again. Mine is very minor in my left ear and is a slightly louder hiss in my right ear. It came right with all of my other symptoms in acute withdrawal. What's annoying is that the other symptoms come and go, some have disappeared, but the tinnitus is constant and the only change is that it's very slowly quieting down. It does increase in step with other symptoms. I'm at 8 months sober though. I wish this stuff was more well documented, all I have to rely upon are anecdotes I get from bothering people suffering from it. :shock:
leavepawsbehind

Likes Received: 24

Postby BullFrog » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:48 am

@DaWickerMan, awesome that you are at 80% recovery! Please keep us posted on a weekly or monthly basis to let us know your progress. :)
BullFrog

Likes Received: 67

Postby DaWickerMan777 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:00 am

It's been awhile but another update.

I have been off of weed for so long, I think I have lost track of my actual quitting time until I looked up this old thread. If you read back to my previous posts/history, I've had a lot of starts and stops. At some point, I decided to stop counting the days and just go for it. I finally committed some time ago and it has been a long time. That's the point I'm at now, I don't even count the days.

I never thought weed withdrawal was a real thing, but it is. It really is, and it's incredibly tough mentally. Physically it got to me because of the insomnia. The horrible vivid dreams, suicidal thoughts, panic attacks, DP/DR were overwhelming.

There is no magic bullet and/or cure, and frankly, I have my off days with depression.

But, those are so marginal and in the grand scheme of things, I would wager I'm back to who I was before.

I sleep and function fine. Focus is good, and panic attacks are practically zero. Insomnia has not been an issue in a long time.

I do get the odd bout of depression as mentioned, but time takes care of that. I usually come out of it really quick.

Cravings are non existent at this point, weed hardly ever crosses my mind. It was legalized here in Canada where I live too. I didn't care.

Good luck everyone on your journey, it is very tough, but completely worth it.

May throw another update in some time, but just want to share that you'll come out of it just fine if you stick with your quit. I know time seems unbearably low when you do it.

Oh and highly recommend the book It's So Easy by GnR bassist Duff McKagan, excellent read. Even if you don't care for rock music, his drug quitting story is mesmerizing.
DaWickerMan777

Postby BullFrog » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:41 pm

@DaWickerMan,

Thanks for the update! Please stop by in again sometime with another update! It's ALWAYS good to hear from people who are doing well and "normal" so to speak after recovering. Even if we don't hear from you for another 3-6 months, please jump in and give us a holler and some encouragement!
BullFrog

Likes Received: 67

Postby DaWickerMan777 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:40 pm

Update from your long standing Wicker Man.

I have lost count of how long it has been since I quit weed (I always say this because it's true). So, according to this forum, I am almost a year in. So back in February, I think PAWS randomly came out of NOWHERE with a damn vengeance. I developed this head pressure that wasn't exactly painful, but incredibly distracting and upsetting. It was all I felt, like my brain was expanding and ready to explode. I was convinced I had a tumor or MS or something like that. Dizziness as well, constantly, and the odd sleep issue (generally slept fine but then sometimes nope!). Bloodwork and MRI came back clear. Had to be PAWS. Cue the extreme depression and DP/DR.

Cut to now and it's FINALLY subsiding.

Reading back through the forum I don't think I'm the only one who experienced this. So, if you're going through a tough time, this will happen. I still remember reading how after quitting weed it can take up to two years to feel 100% good again. I'm approaching a year.

That's my update. Totally fine for a few months, then total crap for a few more.

It's a rollercoaster ride people.
DaWickerMan777