Practicing Communication Skills

Postby Yak3997 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:10 am

Hi All,

I've developed a method for improving my oral and written communication skills. I'd like to ask the community for their feedback. Thank you.

Developing Oral and Written Communication Skills

Objective: Develop competent oral and written communication skills.

Purpose: I want to be able to connect with a large audience. Rather, I’d like to be able to communicate with a large diversity of people.

Pedagogy: Approach strangers and talk to them. Write your thoughts and opinions down regularly and argue with them. Finally, create an engaging social media presence. To learn, read books on these skills.

Idea: Read a book, and analyze communication patterns. Fiction can teach you stylistic techniques and oral communication patterns. Non-fiction can also teach you stylistic techniques.
Yak3997

Likes Received: 0

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:43 am

Yak3997 wrote:Purpose: I want to be able to connect with a large audience. Rather, I’d like to be able to communicate with a large diversity of people.

Why?

....regularly and argue with them.

Why?

Finally, create an engaging social media presence.

Why?

In other words, while certainly developing communication skills is a valued pursuit, it is unclear how the purpose serves others.
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 998

Postby Livetowin » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:38 am

It doesn't sound like you're developing communication skills so much as a pathway to isolation. Understanding all sides of a position are not always immediately clear. This is why people must exercise tolerance and listening skills to better learn how to ADAPT to social settings or beliefs that are not in lockstep with their own.

If you want to be emotional then your actions are often going to be conveyed as emotional and therefore irrational. You don't win people over by arguing with them. If you believe in a standard or principle then influence by living that way so that people can see an example of what it is you're promoting. Shouting and getting in people's face's and creating paranoid notions about "agendas" is how you label people and cut yourself off from free thinking.

You know there is never just one way of living or thinking in this world. And unfortunately as I watch domestic and foreign events unfold, it is unfortunate to watch how today's youth blindly create spectacles that honestly are done to film themselves and bring attention to themselves, not any notions of new ideas or awareness. If you want to be understood, then come to the table with understanding. You must give to live. Pointing to someone and saying they are you're enemy might get you some Youtube views (and your most needed 15 minutes of fame), but it also shows society that you're not to be taken serious.
Livetowin
Preferred Member

Likes Received: 83

Postby Mustafa » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:34 pm

I don't think you're my enemy, but youre pissing me off by repeating normal standards. Normal sucks, you either lean forward or back subconsciously. Theres a word for normal, it is mediocrit, do you think it is positive or realistic?

Sarcastically: Right, go out and meet new people, see and 'learn', thats the only way to learn communication skills.

There are also introverts AND you need them. AND you are slaves though majority, you work dor us and you don't force your superiors to adapt to your way of think. If you are so humble/humiliated/honorless you like the word ADAPT, thats because youre a slave. I'm free. I'm bound by know-it-all adults like you, just because ... what, their cute? One gets ugly when growing old, no? Or something like that.

Anyway. You don't pick your fight with (just) me, you pick your fight with Allah the Lord of the worlds.

Quran: And when you see them, their forms please you, and if they speak, you listen to their speech. [They are] as if they were pieces of wood propped up - they think that every shout is against them. They are the enemy, so beware of them. May Allah destroy them; how are they deluded?
Mustafa

Postby Livetowin » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:07 pm

And here's our first example to make my case. Thanks for playing.
Livetowin
Preferred Member

Postby Mustafa » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:30 pm

Did you learn saying that through socialization? And i'm not playing if you're talking to me. I came with arguments and you ignored all of them and laughed (played).
Mustafa

Postby Livetowin » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:52 pm

Mustafa you came with labels, wild assumptions, unsubstantiated theories, and loads of hate. My position was you never persuade people with arguments. You made my case not only with that post, but your second post as well. You did not offer a persuasive comment to give me consideration for your ideas because you were too busy attacking your notions of me. Please continue...
Livetowin
Preferred Member

Postby Mustafa » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:28 pm

I didn't attack you.

I asked you in the beginning: mediocrit, is it positive or realistic? Because i wanted you to think for yourself and tell me. Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they hate you. You were in my critical zone so i critisized you. And i'm not obligated to please you. None in this world gives a sh** about what you think i heard once, theres SOME truth in that.

Good luck
Mustafa

Postby Livetowin » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:11 pm

I'm assuming you mean mediocrity? That term, as you explain it, comes from some loose idea you call "normal standards". I have no idea what your normal is compared to my normal. And realistic does not contrast with positive, so I have no idea what you're trying to compare. I suspect your anger is coming from a misplaced understanding of what is being discussed here. If you feel anger towards sitting down to share ideas, then you're not coming to the table with a willingness to discuss ideas. Maybe in your world that is not a good idea. Your statements suggest allot of hatred towards what you seem to view as a system that I guess has victimized you. There's allot of bias and prejudice in your words.
Livetowin
Preferred Member

Postby Mustafa » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:04 pm

Your strange, your stupid yet you use complicated language. I don't for certain know how you think but your possibly ESTP in typology or MBTI. Meaning you got a dominant and inferior function, me too, your dominant (Se) which physical things like sport and sex is my inferior. Also socialization. Your inferior (Ni) is my dominant, which insights instinctual ones.

https://i1.wp.com/typeindepth.com/wp-co ... e-650x.jpg

I'm not angry and IMO theres only one normal. A normal is average. I don't have a normal, you have a normal together with everyone else. I'm a patient/endurant in the healthdepartment (did i say system?) and God and Buddha spirituality in generally is with the patient. I slip as endurant and Allah preforms through us a miracle and parts the system in two with an uppercut (with a sword).

You are in no position and you don't have strategic prowess to resist Allah. No one has, and he is merciful. What forces Allah to keep terrorizing you? Love. He could leave and eliminate all traces, then you will find no book to study in, in that case. Allah will not disappear before the second coming of Christ, and i plan on volunteering for that Job as Christ, and i only want Justice followed by Mercy for everyone high up. I will give everyone what he wants in Allahs name, he who wants trouble will get it, he who wants peace will get. As for me, i'm powerful, though i've always wanted peace, but i've been summoned for hard training first and now for the final blow.

Laugh, but he who laughs best laughs last. I'm the last something (i'll leave it upto your fantasy to determine who I am) but i don't know who i am, i know nothing.i've done nothing. I'm born into Nirvana.
Mustafa

Postby Livetowin » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:58 pm

Kylo Ren?
Livetowin
Preferred Member

Postby Mustafa » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:02 pm

Life is BS. I don't know why i want to make the world better, love maybe but i'm too afraid. I need to finish this job.
Mustafa

Postby Livetowin » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:35 pm

Then tell Rian Johnson to give us a better script.
Livetowin
Preferred Member

Postby Mustafa » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:42 am

I'm doing something about it. The script is good and complicated. If i do however they will call me terrorist, when terror is in fact shock, and shock makes your muscles grow bigger. One gets bigger muscles because of love, even if it is sex outside the marriage.

Quran: Say, [O Muhammad], "Have you considered: whether Allah should cause my exthaustion and those with me or have mercy upon us (kill us, suicide is forbidden. Or grant us victory and good life), who can protect the disbelievers from a painful punishment?"

I'm doing something because i've accepted Allahs challenge: And if you are in doubt about what We have sent down upon Our Servant [Muhammad], then produce a surah the like thereof and call upon your witnesses other than Allah, if you should be truthful.

I've started this job i must finish it.
Mustafa

Postby quietvoice » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:46 am

Mustafa wrote:Allah this, Allah that.

Forum Rules:
Do not discuss religion or politics on the board.
quietvoice

Likes Received: 211

Next