Back to terrible

Postby jmh335 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:00 pm

Well my girlfriend has gone away for her job for 2 years. That leaves me at home with no friends because I don’t talk to smoker friends.

I’m trying to get back in my sleep routine and it’s not working. I only had a few hours of sleep last night at most. Anxiety and depression hitting me big time. I think I’m going to go back on my antidepressant.

Well another day, another problem
jmh335

Likes Received: 4

Postby reckoning » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:24 pm

Hey jmh335, I am almost seven months in to a quit. Long term smoker who used weed to mange depression but have also taken anti depressants for 20 yrs. I have tried over these 20 years to come off the anti depressants often and recently had another go at coming off , and the suffering got very bad. I decided about two weeks ago to go back on and it has made a huge difference. It was a hard decision but I am glad that I have made it because it really helps me reconnect with the positive side of my quit. I've had a good discussion with my GP and she says that having being off them for two months and the suffering increasing to the point where I felt wretched was a good indicator that I it does help. So why knock back the things that help? It has been a tricky thing for me to work out which part of suffering over these months is the quit and which part is just part of my condition.
reckoning

Likes Received: 56

Postby jmh335 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:01 pm

I’m almost sure that it is the quit for me. I’ve never needed them before or while smoking. I’m also lucky that I’m able to take a very low dose, so I’m not as affected as much, and I can come off them easier. Hopefully someday I’ll make a full recovery and not need them.
jmh335

Likes Received: 4