Trying to forget something creepy but efforts always ruined

Postby akama101092 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:54 pm

Note: Please don't post any pictures related to said creepy thing, as I'm trying to stay clean and slowly recover to my normal life.

Hello there. First time user in here.

The very final time that I played Earthbound, was April 15. Giygas, a legitimately creepy screaming red swirl, is something that I am having a hard time to forget about, and have trouble doing so.

It's been three months since the last incident, but my efforts of keeping Giygas popping up in my mind isn't quite going so well.

Last time Giygas appeared when I'm in a clean streak of not thinking about it is from a YouTube screenshot that somebody made, and I decide to clean up the watch history so that Giygas never pops up again.

I have trouble forgetting about Giygas because of several things:

1. Giygas has psychic powers. I'm wondering if it's trying to consuming my brain by doing so.

2. It's just a red swirl with a screaming face, something too simplistic for me to forget.

3. I saw Giygas in my dreams, twice. Once it's semi transparent on a television with random J-pop female singers that I don't know, the other I jumped into "the sea of Giygas" while Awolation's "Sail" is playing, assuming it's symbolizing the river of Styx.

4. Strange things are happening recently. Poor signals from my television to hearing static sounds from my computer while watching Big Brother is what I'm assuming is Giygas' doing.

I do have positive energy to protect me from Giygas, but my goal is to forget about Giygas completely, so that I can live a normal life without having to worrying about it easily.
akama101092

Likes Received: 0

Postby Candid » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:04 am

You want to forget something? Don't go looking for it, don't post about it, don't talk about it, stop thinking about it, find something else to fix your attention on. Everything you're doing now is just revving it up.
Candid
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 304

Postby akama101092 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:14 pm

Yeah. I am trying several things to avoid all of this. I set up my another browser so that it doesn't load any images and I feel safe. There are other times that I need to surf the web normally, but I'm okay with staying away surfing Earthbound related websites or any YouTube channels that talk about it.
akama101092

Postby Candid » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:05 am

It will always be in your mind, to be triggered by various things. It's a question of where you put your focus.
Candid
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 304

Postby akama101092 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:19 pm

I'm shifting my focus on playing games that are more relaxing (like Forge of Empires) or solving puzzles. These are more calming and don't make me trigger thinking about it.
akama101092