Life

Postby wills_mufc2008 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:05 pm

What is the point with life you do all you can and everything goes wrong you try and look at the positive things but there is none it's when one thing goes wrong a run of things go wrong what is the point with it I'm just fed up with it all I try and try but nothing works I can't be bothered with work in fact I can't be bothered with anything I just want to go to a dark corner and stay there were I won't be able to muck things up or hurt people
wills_mufc2008

Likes Received: 0

Postby Candid » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:13 am

wills_mufc2008 wrote:What is the point with life

The one you give it, through the choices you make.

you do all you can and everything goes wrong

Do you consider that universal? Are you truly unaware of all the people doing things they love and enjoying life?

you try and look at the positive things but there is none

It's a question of focus. Your beliefs about life are far from unusual on this forum. You'll have plenty of company in the moan-and-groan department if that's what you're looking for... although I hope you'll do better than that.

when one thing goes wrong a run of things go wrong

Yes, that often happens. It's also true that when things go right, they continue to go right. Peaks and troughs are universal experience.

what is the point with it

Mechanistically speaking, evolution of the species. For you personally, evolution of the self. When life isn't going well for you, it's up to you to tweak it until it feels better. No one here can tell you what needs tweaking, we can only share what works for us.

I'm just fed up with it all
I try and try but nothing works
I can't be bothered with work
in fact I can't be bothered with anything
I just want to go to a dark corner and stay there were I won't be able to muck things up or hurt people

That might be a good idea. Give yourself a break. Stop trying for a while. Grit your teeth and go to work, because being unemployed will make matters a whole lot worse for you. Just concentrate on the job and be as kind to your workmates as you can be.

If you go on saying this kind of thing to people around you, the best of them will give you a wide berth. If you keep doing what you're doing, thinking what you're thinking and telling people how awful life is, most of them will avoid you and you'll end up surrounded by people with the same gloomy vision of the world. Misery loves company, but it keeps Misery stuck.

You may think you're a bad person with the potential to hurt other people. I doubt either of those things is true. Trouble is, people will always go along with your assessment of yourself. Makes sense to think better of yourself and start demonstrating your power to make other people feel good.

Look after your physical health as well as you can, even at rock bottom. Your mind and your body aren't separate things. Our member quietvoice will probably be along soon with dietary suggestions. Exercise helps, too.

Give up looking for a 'point'. If you say there isn't one, there isn't. It's not a good way to think. For you right now, the only point is to get to a place where you feel better about yourself.

We're all born optimists. It gets knocked out of a lot of us before we're old enough to fight, and then in later years we can't remember ever feeling good. So tell me about your childhood, your parents, and any siblings you have.
Candid
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 304

Postby quietvoice » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:51 am

Since my username was invoked, I'll make an entrance and an entry to this thread.

wills_mufc2008 wrote: I can't be bothered with anything I just want to go to a dark corner and stay there were I won't be able to muck things up or hurt people

Take a Solid Food Vacation.

A first step to unmuck things is to know about the wonders of alkalinity . . .

Change the way you do the most everyday thing that people do—what you eat. You are what you eat. (And you crave what you are, which is what leads to addictions to certain foods.) Clean out your body of the gunk that has accumulated from birth due to bad dietary teachings and habits. It's in the culture, the way that we normally eat; it's hard to make the change.

And yet, this is the most profound change that one can make in the world today. It will change your attitude about your life, and about what is going on around you. You'll feel better than you've ever felt. And you'll have a focus that is toward the light instead of hiding in a dark corner.
quietvoice

Likes Received: 211