Thank god for this forum already a months off weed

Postby Startingfresh » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:23 pm

Hey guys.

I gotta said its been great reading everybody post here. I finally hit a month with out weed. I must said its been a little hard. My symptoms been

Anxiety (sucks)
Sweaty hands
Tired
Sleepy
Dreaming again
Headache(not to many)
Feeling lethargic confused( mostly every other day)

Hopefully by next months my anxiety is gone that's the only thing that bothering me the most. Plus feeling lethargic and confused. But i know I'm not gonna feel better in a month after a 12 yr daily weed habit. Any suggestion or support feel free to reply. Thank god for this forum.
Startingfresh

Likes Received: 2

Postby Cali-Detroit » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:00 pm

Hey good for you, first month is really tough.
Especially after 12 years daily use. I'm at 4 months now after 20, and it does get easier. It's still rough at times, but finding something to replace the habit is really effective. It's not easy, but it's worth it
Cali-Detroit

Likes Received: 90

Postby Startingfresh » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:49 am

Thanks bro.

Yes it is. I Quit for 3 months last year. So this time around i know what to expect. I can wait until i get to the 4 month like you. That would be a new record for me. Did you had any of the withdrawal effect after quitting?
Startingfresh

Postby Cali-Detroit » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:52 am

Oh yeah, big time. Felt pretty shyte for quite a while. Still not feeling great at times, but it's getting better. I think it's probably going to take a year or more to really feel "right" again, whatever that means. I realized recently that I never really had a day as an adult where I wasnt either high, or had heavy amounts of residual THC in my system. That was kind of shocking to me. Like I'm not even sure what a sober adult me is capable of. It's really a different way of living. I'm still struggling at times, but I'm giving it a year or two to really see what is possible. There's a lot of good success stories here of folks who have done just that, and much more. So I'm hopeful.

Anyway, try and embrace the miserable parts of this stage and just absorb the reality of the situation. Trying to fight it just lead me back the old solutions. I haven't touched a thing since 4/4, but I've really wanted too at times.
I don't know how I've been able to do it, but having a family makes it harder to be high all the time. So stay busy I would say, and develop a purpose, whatever it is. Something beyond yourself. I think one of the most damaging aspects of this drug is the constant and overwhelming state of self absorption one finds oneself in. And after so many years, you don't even realize that this is your reality. I see it in close family members who are still deeply addicted and affected by this. We forgot this is a psychedelic drug, and a fairly powerful one at that. I don't know near enough about computers to start opening them up and fiddling around with their internals, so what business do I have doing the same thing to my brain? I'm not against the occasional use for those who can do that and enjoy it. But we're here because we aren't those people and that's ok.

Good luck and keep pushing forward. The road will be long, but I have faith it will be worth it in the end
Cali-Detroit

Postby Startingfresh » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:34 am

Hey guys.

Im at 44 days of weed. I must said after the 30 days thing got alot better. Pretty much all my symptoms that i had anxiety sweaty hand etc. They pretty much gone... Once in a while i feel awkward but i keep going. I need another 46 days to brake my record of three month off weed i took last year. I will keep you posted good luck fellas. Sincerly STARTINGFRESH...
Startingfresh

Postby Cali-Detroit » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:27 am

Well done! Hang in there...I'm believing that something will change soon
Cali-Detroit