Question: Self-hypnosis in deep states

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:46 am

moonlightress wrote:He can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Jimmy meant the light-hearted, good-natured "be a sport and grin at your own human foibles, and we'll all go have a beer together and laugh about how absurd life is" kind of fun.

I agree moonlightress. That is my interpretation as well. That is what Jimmy meant, which presupposes he believes someone, in this case me, was not of such a state. And this is why it is was a great example of Jimmy jumping to conclusions, failing to recognize or misinterpreting his sugar test results. His assumptions were incorrect. Unless now my assumptions about his assumptions are incorrect, which goes to the double standard being applied. I’m definitely up for a cold beer and a laugh.
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 996

Postby moonlightress » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:37 pm

jimmyh wrote:Not everyone comes out stronger. Sometimes they just come out “not dead *yet*”, just one step closer. It’s not always obvious. These people will smile. They’ll act like nothing is wrong, and often they’ll really believe it and be unable to understand their problems. But their problems are still *there*. Unhandled.

Try talking to them though. Ask about the thing that f***ed them up. The ways it binds them will become obvious. While it doesn’t completely kill everyone, it does weigh them down to accumulate unhandled sh**. It can be something that only comes out on a certain anniversary and in certain infrequent conversations, or it can cost a very large part of the meaning and value of your life.

This was me. The last phrase is particularly applicable. (Interestingly, in light of what you've said, fears (some sense of self-preservation?) have mercifully kept me out of the worst would-be disasters. My nutty ideas and impulses are comical now, but they would have been very harmful, had I acted on them.)

Up until 25 June 2018 (and again in July) when I saw Ines for the SP session.

I was in such deep trance as to remember *virtually nothing* of what happened in those 2 hours. There were a bunch of questions and I remember permutations of “do you want her conscious mind to know about this?” and subconsciously answering “no” to those with a finger signal. I remember a few other phrases and words, and two regressions. I felt dazed, mind-blown and very tired, both afterwards and on the journey back to Denmark, but I'd been subbed to her YouTube channel, and knew even before I saw her f2f, my life would change. (Best not-so-nutty idea and impulse I ever had and I knew this was one to act on.) Over time, I began to notice things that were different in my mind. Same people, events, situations, circumstances, but my interpretations were different. I don’t even know of all the changes yet; I’m still discovering more. I was extensively reprogrammed, I swear; how else can I explain it?

I run the old tapes in my head, with all their de-ffirmations (I just coined the term) and some have vanished. I can’t even find the thoughts. Many are completely incongruent; they’re just not true. They probably never were, but I couldn’t see it or believe it before. Still others have weakened structures; the tape runs in my head, but if I look directly and assess them (with the help of a suggestion or two from some Random Guy on the Internet Who Knows Stuff (and isn't an evil hypnotist) ;) or three or dozens from self-hypnosis) and process both consciously and subconsciously, they crumble or just lose their power. Like what happened here, earlier. The theme of remembering “you already know how to do this” is salient in terms of what’s happened since then.

When Tripp made those statements, it was very startling and made a big impression. Partly because they were so directly addressed to me, but it was more than that and I’ve now realized what it was. “You’ve handled everything that’s come your way in life, because you’re here” was only true in the sense that I was physically alive today. But in reality I was only “not dead yet” (before the session with Ines, that is). There were many things I could not be said to have meaningfully “handled”. Some things did make me stronger, but I’ve also had people pumping me up before with “you can do it”, then done it without fully believing in myself, and failed - and it didn’t make me stronger, it just eroded my self-worth further, pulled in more sh** and compacted what was already there. So yes, I can see he was in hypnotist failure mode, in not knowing me or anyone who would watch the video or our life stories, merely reacting to my statement. And that was irresponsible and potentially dangerous. Your post is SO true. I sat and wondered what might have happened, had I seen the video earlier this year, when a clinic was but a pipedream. Failure would very likely have crushed me. (Thanks for the courage pointer, but now you see why I rejected it without even a passing thought, old tape running. I see it now, though. :) )

I think I picked up the "handled, because you're alive" sense, because I was so caught up in the next two statements/suggestions: “You’ll handle everything that comes your way in life” and “Know this, and know this deeply … you’ll handle it”. The past few days since your post, I’ve been both thinking and ”doing nothing”, and it’s come to me, “you didn’t believe that before and so you didn’t handle things, but you know that now and you do know it deeply”. It’s been three months since the sessions. When he said them, those statements were already true for me. Hence the impact. No-one’s shouting over my tapes this time, I have my own knowing. I know if I struggle or fail with this next venture, it won’t break me, it’ll make me stronger. It took me a few days to realize it, but your post highlighted where I was before, and Tripp’s statements highlighted where I am now. The differences are stark, hence my reflexive tears in response to your post; and my heightened and very introspective emotionality since then.

Don’t ask me what software engineering happened in the session with Ines; I don’t know. All I know is that since then, I've changed. Beyond my wildest dreams. And I’m grateful, so grateful.
moonlightress

Likes Received: 7

Postby moonlightress » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:04 pm

And since this is the way confirmation bias works (I prefer 'synchronicity'; call me deluded if you wish :D ) I just stumbled upon this article about facing failure which seems particularly apt, at least for what I'm looking to do.

Come to your terms - Nate Soares
moonlightress

Likes Received: 7

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:44 am

moonlightress wrote: I just stumbled upon this article about facing failure which seems particularly apt, at least for what I'm looking to do.

Come to your terms - Nate Soares

The article is a great example of my earlier observation. What happens when a person invests so much time/energy into hypnosis, that they begin to fear failure? They can begin to fear that they are inacabable of what others claim to achieve with hypnosis. They can struggle to reconcile all of the resources they have invested in hypnosis with the realization that hypnosis isn’t the answer.

And we all do this to lesser or greater extents. It is one of the most difficult challenges for us to resolve. It might be having invested 10 years in a relationship, a career, or any sociocultural belief system.

This is where not only confirmation bias exists, but the bias ‘escalation of commitment’.

I think this is what we have seen with the rise and fall of hypnosis in the wider sense. In the 60’s - 70’s the field was expanding. It peaked, and then as the realization has sunk in that hypnosis has a very narrow range of application with limited efficacy, only a few hardcore believers continue to try and recover the field. And unfortunately this created a vacuum for pseudoscience to come in and prop up hypnosis.

I am glad there are some hardcore supporters of hypnosis and while I don’t see hypnosis ever making a resurgence in my lifetime, I do think it will continue to add to our overall understanding of the human psyche.
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP

Postby jimmyh » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:06 am

I’m deep in the fun. What caused you to fail to recognize this? Why would you conclude your test results were accurate? Might you be jumping to conclusions?

Haha, sure you are.

You said “lol” last time I suggested you relax. It’s not that I didn’t recognize that you might claim to be having fun again the second time as well, it’s that...

“It looks like you’re just offended and pretending not to be, so I'll start being nicer” “I so am not! Look, you failed to recognize that [I might say that] I’m not!”.

...is utterly unconvincing. This is *exactly* what a pretender would say say. It’s not even what a non-pretender would say, so it’s actually evidence *against* what you’re presupposing it to be proof for. There are plenty of other signs that this is what’s going on as well, and this conclusion wasn’t “jumped to”. I can point out some of them if you’re interested.

You wanted an example. Your “lighten up and join the fun” is exhibit A.

This is just an example of me not taking your protestations very seriously. Yes, I know you want everyone to believe you’re not at all trying to force laughter due to an inability to address things that have been said. I don't see that as likely enough to be even worth addressing, but I'm not trying to change your mind here.

The point is that *if* your story isn’t the honest to god truth, you have an out. A sincere invitation to laugh at yourself, with someone to laugh with you rather than at you. To care about your failures in the company of someone who knows what it’s like to want more of oneself. If life ever gets… hmm. I was going to say “hard”, but “dissatisfying” is actually more appropriate. If you ever look at your life and want *more*, the offer is on the table.

Let the fun continue.

I’ve had my fun here, and I think the point has been made. The openings are still there, should you choose to continue.
jimmyh
Preferred Member

Likes Received: 19

Postby jimmyh » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:36 am

(Interestingly, in light of what you've said, fears (some sense of self-preservation?) have mercifully kept me out of the worst would-be disasters. My nutty ideas and impulses are comical now, but they would have been very harmful, had I acted on them.)

Yep :)
When he said them, those statements were already true for me. Hence the impact. No-one’s shouting over my tapes this time, I have my own knowing.

It’s weird how the things that have the biggest impact are ones that you recognize are *true*, isn’t it :P

That’s why I usually prefer to say “can you handle it?” and let them notice for themselves the truth. If it doesn’t automatically jump out as true to them, then that’s something I need to calibrate to and address.

The only time I’d really say that as a statement “you can handle it” is as an answer to their request for *permission* to handle it. Yes, you can allow yourself to handle it. It doesn’t make you arrogant or a bad person or anything.
jimmyh
Preferred Member

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:07 am

jimmyh wrote:I’ve had my fun here..

Relax Jimmy, relax. It's okay, you can laugh at yourself. It will be okay. We can both state having had our fun. Is your fun somehow qualitatively different than the fun I have had? When I say I'm having fun it means one thing, but when you state it then it means something else?

The offer is open if you wish to reflect.
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP

Postby jimmyh » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:43 am

:) Yes, I do see the humor.

Yes, it means something different when I say it vs when you do. And yes, this will *look* like a double standard if you assume that there's nothing visibly different about the two cases.
jimmyh
Preferred Member

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:01 am

jimmyh wrote::) Yes, I do see the humor.

Yes, it means something different when I say it vs when you do. And yes, this will *look* like a double standard if you assume that there's nothing visibly different about the two cases.

And this response is my fun. It may not *look* like fun to you, but it doesn’t need to fit into your particular definition of fun. There is more than one type of humor.

The offer stands if you ever are open to looking at things from a different perspective.
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP

Postby Armstrong » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:12 am

I don't know whats going on here, but laughing at myself is fun, but a bad form of fun. I laugh at myself with others as long they know i am joking, the guys here appearently backbite me and sometimes i find that out. They say he said "thus" when I was joking and said I was joking, even if i didn't mean it, even if they never reveal to me what dust under the carpet they are hiding. Like i have to treat them like Chinas Emperor where his servants had to know what he wanted before he told/asked them, as if i was Psychologist Handyman Warrior for them. And no wonder I believe telepathy because i'm terrified, because of the banning and bashing at me - for example Richard@DicisionSkills. And their all Emperors!
Armstrong

Postby quietvoice » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:53 pm

Armstrong wrote: And no wonder I believe telepathy because i'm terrified, because of the banning and bashing at me

It's not a mystery why you've been banned twice from here—it's because you insisted on talking "Allah"/religion when the rules of this forum explicitly prohibit such activity (posting about religion) with the consequence of the risk of getting banned.

Tell me if you understand my previous statement.
quietvoice

Likes Received: 211

Postby Armstrong » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:27 pm

No. You call it religion. I call it law. Arabic calls it law. I understand you possibly are bound by laws, and so am I. And my law book is Superior. Misunderstandings happen. I'm humbly spoken the active one running the risk of our confrontation, you run no risk. But its not OK. Because i'm like the white guy who visits deserted rain forest black people. I'm racist. And i want to open up your eyes, whereas you are trying to kill me and make blind/black. Yes you are the black sheep. You are at fault.
Armstrong

Postby Armstrong » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:59 pm

It is paradoxical. In your law light = good and knowledge, and darkness = bad and ignorance. Where i'm from its diffuse, and everyone are kind, so we think light = war and knowledge, and darkness = ignorance and peace (and passivity).

You are dark sheep because you break my view of the world, and its Superior. Because like you know, light good and knowledge is an illusion, because we shouldn't seek knowledge endlessly. We end up in darkness. There is no knowledge (strictly speaking), and we should as (buddhists?) muslims, sit down and breathe with an erect spine, and leave philosophy for philsophers etc. We should Master our skill whatever it is, and focus on it, like the philosopher, like the Chemist. ... Allah shows mercy to him who does a job so he perfects it - The Prophet Muhammed
Armstrong

Postby quietvoice » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:24 pm

Armstrong wrote:No. You call it religion. I call it law. Arabic calls it law. I understand you possibly are bound by laws, and so am I. And my law book is Superior. Misunderstandings happen. I'm humbly spoken the active one running the risk of our confrontation, you run no risk. But its not OK. Because i'm like the white guy who visits deserted rain forest black people. I'm racist. And i want to open up your eyes, whereas you are trying to kill me and make blind/black. Yes you are the black sheep. You are at fault.

Armstrong wrote:It is paradoxical. In your law light = good and knowledge, and darkness = bad and ignorance. Where i'm from its diffuse, and everyone are kind, so we think light = war and knowledge, and darkness = ignorance and peace (and passivity).

You are dark sheep because you break my view of the world, and its Superior. Because like you know, light good and knowledge is an illusion, because we shouldn't seek knowledge endlessly. We end up in darkness. There is no knowledge (strictly speaking), and we should as (buddhists?) muslims, sit down and breathe with an erect spine, and leave philosophy for philsophers etc. We should Master our skill whatever it is, and focus on it, like the philosopher, like the Chemist. ... Allah shows mercy to him who does a job so he perfects it - The Prophet Muhammed

It's not my board. I'm not the owner of this board. You are not the owner of this board. The owner of this board is the one who sets the rules for this board. If the owner or the owner's representative determines that you are in disregard of the board's rules, whether it's your law or not, you will be banned. It is SIMPLE, Simon.

You've also derailed this particular conversation, and perhaps I did as well by responding to your post(s). (Sorry, moonlightress.)
quietvoice

Likes Received: 211

Postby Armstrong » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:47 pm

Next time just report what you don't like, until you give up (to Allah). Or keep reporting. Because nobody gives a sh** about what you think. Neither me. Nor anyone. I was on topic, answered you because you think you're an agent, and you backlashed.

STOP repeating yourself and taking the law in your hands, report on the button the function for this, ask for help.

Now like you 'saw' in the light of aftermath, QUIT repeating yourself. Report.
Armstrong

PreviousNext