How to help a friend?

Postby KnowLittle » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:06 am

quietvoice wrote:Solid Food Vacation

Humans are physically pathetic and ill-equipped to hunt when compared to proven meat eaters such as Lions. Humans evolved long fingers, nails, incisors, molars. The stomachs of Humans cannot digest tough raw muscle fibres (raw red meat needs to be processed/cooked first). These observations cast doubt on Humans being predators.

The closest living relative to Humans are Orangutangs, which are more powerful than humans and better equipped to kill. Orangutangs almost exclusively eat Fruit. More distantly related Chimpanzees are known to be aggressive, and their diet is now known to be also exclusively Fruit. Modern scientific observations show that female Chimpanzees stick to fruit, and the meat diet of male Chimpanzees consists almost entirely of infant monkeys with relatively soft muscle fibre - and there seems to be a ritual component to this behaviour rather than a need for food.

Untreated Fruit typically contains insects (maggots etc.) so all fruit-eating great apes, including Humans, must be equipped to digest soft muscle fibres without cooking. There is no evidence that Humans evolved to eat tougher meats.

Hunting and processing meats for consumption is entirely dependent on post-evolution tools and environmental manipulation, like building the fossil fuel economy - its doable, but contentious and not something we evolved to do. Furthermore, modern science has now proven that processed meats cause cancers and reduce life-expectancy, which also suggests that meat might not be the natural Human diet.

Just my point of view, and it seems compatible with your Youtube links, although I am sure the depressives at KFC will disagree!
KnowLittle

Likes Received: 1

Postby KnowLittle » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:19 am

quietvoice wrote:
KnowLittle wrote:Why do you say that?

You seem to be defending their lifestyle arrangement, that is why I said that.

Ok :)

I am going away now because (as you can see) I am addicted to forums. Please post more tips if there are any and I will endeavour to be a lurker.
KnowLittle

Likes Received: 1

Previous