Weed free- Help yourself

Postby Astro413 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:25 pm

Hey all. Day 50 off weed and I have seen improvement. While I do not think I am 100% I have seen improvement in the depression/anxiety/ocd I had taken on after giving up weed (which I had never experienced before) I still get headaches although they fade in and out and my anxiety/ocd starts strongly in the morning and fades throughout the day. The depression is hard to diagnose because it does not feel like a full scale depression anymore, instead just feeling like a low mood. I still find it hard to start conversations and I don’t really seem to take interest or pleasure in much still to this point but I feel that I’m slowly starting to come around. Still feel foggy and unmotivated which really bothers me considering before and even while smoking I always had the “the World is my oyster” mindset and felt like I can do anything while now I just find it hard to think of my future at all and honestly I’ve become more than a little pessimistic. I know what I want I just find it hard to get exited about it, paired with a foggy mind. My question to all of you is whether or not anyone who has recovered has done so solely on their own without the aid of therapy (other than forums) or anti-depressants? I do not want any external help but reading these “success stories” I’m finding that a lot of these guys have either suffered from mental illness before smoking (which doesn’t help) or required the use of medication. I feel that I have come very far since day one, in fact the first month was so much I don’t even want to think about it. Where as now (approaching my two month mark) I am living day to day and instead of constantly dreading life I’m just kind of present, waiting this out and doing me.
Astro413

Likes Received: 32

Postby Astro413 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:32 pm

I should mention that I have been using low dosage CBD to combat the anxiety/ocd withdrawal spells which has actually worked wonders getting me through what I hope has been the hardest part. It doesn’t take any of your symptoms away but it makes it much more bearable. For those of you that are going through the same thing and do not want to resort to big pharma I would recommend this. As for my background I really only smoked daily for a year and a half simply because I could and probably liked weed a little to much, always under the impression that there are no negative repercussions like I feel most of today’s youth is. After moving back in with my parents after the school year ended I had to drastically cut back my usage and started feeling the onset of withdrawal not knowing what it was, and after finding out it was because I wasn’t getting enough THC I decided to drop the habit altogether and haven’t looked back after going through what I have to date.
Astro413

Postby ashthewarrior7 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:45 am

man you are at day 50, get past 90 and you'll be much better. folks here who you mention and are worried are long term (i'm talking decades) and heavy consumers (multi gram/wax/THC concentrates). anyway I have also replied to your other reply here: viewtopic.php?t=106161&p=899984#p899984

Dont worry you are and will be fine. You dont have half the withdrawals others do.
ashthewarrior7

Likes Received: 58

Postby Astro413 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:32 pm

Thanks for the reply, and I know you’re right. Wasn’t trying to be disrespectful, but your worst problems are your own right?
Astro413