I need some help.

Postby SimpleSi1988 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:06 pm

Hello,

I'm a 30 year old guy and am really concerned and saddened by something.

I suffer with Pure OCD and have intrusive thoughts now amend again but I've also had something which I'm honestly not sure of, something which is both upsetting and saddening.

I'm just wondering if there's a condition where you can smell or atleast think you're smelling something (in my case feces) from somebody else but deep down its not that at all.

I'm not sure if pure ocd can affect your smell but I honestly am going crazy here thinking did I actually smell feces or the smell of feces or was that person clean and I'm basically imagining it.

I happen to know that the person I'm talking about, a good friend is squeaky clean and is actually maybe a tiny bit ocd about there hygiene themselves.

I think I might have been imagining it but my brain for some reason doesn't want to accept that.

Please guys, I need a little advice/help.

Cheers,

Si
SimpleSi1988

Likes Received: 0

Postby n01 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:41 pm

Maybe you're able to smell disease. That is possible (and maybe it smells like sh*t to you). Dogs can smell cancer. I remember reading about a person in scotland who can smell dementia (sometimes years before it shows up on medical tests later on). She said it was an unpleasant smell.
n01

Postby SimpleSi1988 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:17 pm

Hmmm I'm not sure about that but thanks for the reply.
SimpleSi1988

Postby Mayfair » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:29 am

I wish I could help you.
Mayfair

Return to Psychology