why does punishment have to be painfull ?

Postby bigbecky » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:55 pm

I got caught shoplifting, my parents said they don't want to see me go to jail, so are punishing me severely, they have sentenced me to 2 weeks imprisonment, I am confined to my room and my bedroom door is locked, we are having a heatwave and I have been SHUT away in my room for 4 days, I am BORED , FED UP and VERY miserable, because its so hot and sunny I asked my parents if I could go and sit in the garden for a couple of hours, they said NO NO NO my punishment is to have my freedom taken away which means NO going out and that's the end of it I have stay in my room and my bedroom door stays locked.
IS THIS PUNISHMENT FAIR ?
DO YOU THINK I SHOULD BE ALLOWED OUT INTO THE GARDEN ?

ps my parents lock my door because I have sneaked out before when grounded. :(
bigbecky New Member Posts: 1Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:59 pmLikes Received: 0
bigbecky

Likes Received: 0

Postby quietvoice » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:47 pm

bigbecky wrote:I got caught shoplifting, my parents said they don't want to see me go to jail, . . .
I am BORED , FED UP and VERY miserable,

viewtopic.php?t=107359&p=900015#p900015

Would you prefer to have the experience of being in jail?
quietvoice

Likes Received: 209

Postby bigbecky » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:54 pm

no of course not, I just don't like being locked in its MISREABLE I want to go outside but I cant because my bedroom door is locked I HATE being punished ?
bigbecky

Postby quietvoice » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:13 pm

bigbecky wrote:I HATE being punished

So, what are you learning from this experience?
quietvoice

Postby bigbecky » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:31 pm

I really don't want to be punished again, I miss my freedom and I WANT out, I asked my parents to let me off early they said no I MUST and WILL serve my full sentence, its the school holidays and its hot and sunny outside and I am locked up , why is punishment so miserable ?
bigbecky

Postby quietvoice » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:37 pm

bigbecky wrote:I really don't want to be punished again, I miss my freedom and I WANT out,

why is punishment so miserable ?

What else have you learned?

A person commits an act of theft. What, in your eyes, are the proper consequences for a person guilty of theft?
quietvoice

Postby bigbecky » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:50 pm

they are punished, normally sent to prison and locked up.
I know what your saying but I am only 16 and I should be out having fun and NOT locked up I cant stand confined spaces I think I should be let off after a week don't you
bigbecky

Postby quietvoice » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:02 pm

bigbecky wrote:I should be out having fun

Everyone "should" be out having fun!! What a great and wonderful planet we'd all be then living upon!

That doesn't mean that there aren't consequences to our actions. Man (woman) up, and figure out how to bide your time until you're set free. The internet is full of resources, and you can consider yourself lucky to be hooked up.

Blessings, my dear child. It's all a part of growing up.
quietvoice

Postby quietvoice » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:42 pm

In fact, we are all "growing up" and evolving.

Something that I'm continuing to learn, and gaining new insights about, is that it's okay to feel what you're feeling. Love that. Love what you're feeling. It's going to go away, that feeling. It will go away when it goes away, when you don't have resistance to the feeling, and then you'll have a different feeling.

It's like a rainstorm in the middle of a sunny day. Weather happens. So do feelings.
quietvoice

Postby bigbecky » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:32 am

I am not allowed to have the internet, my sister lent me her tablet, so when the battery runs out I will have NOTING to do, my parents took away my tv phone etc.
as if my punishment is not bad enough I have to write two 6 page essays, one on why its wrong to steal and one on unacceptable behaviour and punishments, this punishment STINKS why no sympathy ?
bigbecky

Postby quietvoice » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:42 am

bigbecky wrote: why no sympathy ?

Or more to the point, why are you expecting sympathy? Every one of your posts indicate you want others to feel sorry for you that you've put yourself in this position. Believe me, or not, but you will get past this.

How is your life outside of this two-week window of time? Do you have friends with whom you enjoy being? What are the other activities in which you engage? How well do you do in (the big indoctrination institution called) school? What types of foods are provided for you? The world is changing at a fast pace, and self-education is important, and a good time to start learning ways to learn (outside of school) is right now. One thing you can learn about is animal agriculture and the effect it has on our environment and the effects the consumption of animals has on our psyches; learn, as well, what raw foods can do for your psyche.
quietvoice

Postby laureat » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:20 pm

some ppl understand only if get paid or pain
laureat

Likes Received: 110

Postby bigbecky » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:09 pm

I just want my punishment to be over, its hot and sunny outside and I asked my parents if I can go and sit in the garden for a couple of hours, they said no , as my punishment is loss of freedom that means NO going out of any kind , I must stay in my room and my bedroom door stays locked,
I am FED up and MISREABLE what harm can I do by sitting in the garden for a couple of hours ?
bigbecky

Postby Livetowin » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:17 pm

Bigbecky, there are consequences for your actions. Your parents have given you the greatest gift of all by allowing you to experience a taste of what that looks like in the real world. Being 16 is not an excuse to commit crime. Pretending like you don't understand it is even worse. Your position is pretty simple - " I'm a kid so I can do what I want and play dumb to consequences because you're supposed to feel sorry for me when I whine."

Well no one is feeling sorry for you and you need to think twice before doing dumb things like stealing. You're old enough to drive a car, so society is stating you have enough sense at this age to drive a two ton vehicle without killing yourself or others. It's safe to say society also thinks you're competent enough to know the difference between stealing and paying for something too.

It's time for you to quit hiding behind the image in your head of being a "child" and realize you're entering the big leagues now, whether you want to or not. Take your medicine, adopt some personal responsibility for what you did, and thank your parents for teaching you the lesson of consequences when the real world won't handle you nearly as kindly.
Livetowin
Preferred Member

Likes Received: 82

Postby bigbecky » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:26 pm

but I don't like the punishment, its HORRIBLE I cant stand being confined , I want to go out but I cant because my bedroom door is locked I feel like I am in prison, this punishment STINKS why cant I just be let off ? I am never going to steal again
bigbecky

Next