10 years clean!

Postby biggiesize » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:23 am

Hello new friends and old!It has been along time since I came to this site.I had lots of messages waiting on me and I will try to answer them all.
I just realized yesterday that I had made it 10 years with a new life!The old life seems like ancient history!Hope my old posts are still helping people.
You are capable of more than you think you are if your desire to quit is stronger than your desire to smoke,drink,pop pills or whatever your demons are.Stay strong!
biggiesize

Likes Received: 24

Postby Cthompson21 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:17 pm

I'm just starting but finding your posts very helpful. Good to see that recovery is possible.
Cthompson21

Likes Received: 29

Postby cleanofgreen » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:38 pm

10 Years Wow
Your an inspiration
cleanofgreen

Likes Received: 145

Postby BullFrog » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:40 am

Biggiesize,

First off, your success story has been a HUGE success for us who have found this forum. It has been used time and time again. And the fact that you come back every once and a great while to help others is a testament to the quality of a person you are.

I do have a question: during your recovery did you ever have periods where things felt better, but then a "relapse" happened and you experienced some old symptoms again? I took weed for only 1 week (CThompson21 is another person who took weed only once and PAWS set in) and had 4 months of various symptoms but month 5-6 were awesome, but the month of August I had a return of some of my "on the verge of dizziness/buzz" feeling in my head with pressure again. I'm optimistic but just couldn't recall if in your recovery story you experienced anything like a "setback".

Again, you are an amazing person to keep coming back and helping us all out!!

I second what cleanofgreen has said: 10 years....WOW!
BullFrog

Likes Received: 53

Postby biggiesize » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:41 am

Hello!Yes I remember very vividly thinking I was in the clear and then the foggy/cloudy thing would return.It happened numerous times over the first year as my brain was resetting itself.Hang in there,Life is better after the fog lifts!
biggiesize

Likes Received: 24

Postby wakinglife » Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:12 pm

Congrats, BiggieSize!

You are a strong role model for all of us. Your clear documentation of your journey has helped (and will continue to help) so many people.

Your update on 10 years weed free just made an already great day even better!

WL
wakinglife
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 235

Postby BullFrog » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:07 pm

Biggiesize, thanks for answering my question. Seriously man, if we met in real life I would just give you a big bear hug! LOL. Thanks again, brother! :)
BullFrog

Likes Received: 53

Postby JamesexceP » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:36 am

I never expected I would be reading this. I want to reply but don't know what to say.
JamesexceP

Likes Received: 0

Postby Bagobones » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:20 pm

biggiesize wrote:Hello new friends and old!It has been along time since I came to this site.I had lots of messages waiting on me and I will try to answer them all.
I just realized yesterday that I had made it 10 years with a new life!The old life seems like ancient history!Hope my old posts are still helping people.
You are capable of more than you think you are if your desire to quit is stronger than your desire to smoke,drink,pop pills or whatever your demons are.Stay strong!

hehe, awesome!! Your one of the legends around here. Nice to see your still at it! Your old posts is still helping people. They helped me 2 years ago...
Bagobones

Likes Received: 137