7 months clean from weed

Postby micko » Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:47 pm

first of all let me thank everybody who has posted in this forum you are a real inspiration to me and others like me.i am now 51 years old and started smoking cannabis resin at the age of 20 thats 31 years and i smoked every day of that 31 years.over the last four or five years i started having problems when smoking this so called super skunks depression anxiety neck and shoulder pain just feeling really shitty not enjoying life at all so came the day when i decided to quit for good . i stupidly thought that after a few weeks things would get better wow was i wrong first thing that happened was no sleep at all headaches came brain fog mood swings dizzines depression tiredness thought i was going crazey visited the doctors on numerous occasions all sorts of tests done nothing found .doctor wanted me to go on anti depresants so i did for a month but found they made me worse. that was seven months ago . certain things have got better sleep improved greatly after 3 month now get a good 5-6 hours a night my usual sleep time was about 7 hours so getting there .neck and shoulder pain which i had for about 5 years and was pritty severe also dissapeard around the same time never had any pain since which was weird because i didnt think it would be linked to cannabis but obviously was. thats about as far as the improvements go. never had a day when ive felt normal never had a day when ive felt happy every day is a constant battle. anxiety over the last couple of months has gone throw the roof i seem to be thinking at a hundred miles an hour all negative thoughts . so im hoping this is what they call paws which id never heard of until visiting this forum as far as i knew cannabis wasnt addictive somebodies telling lies .hoping things are going to improve soon cause this fight is taking so much out of me . the latest symptom which ive had over the last month is vertigo which im hoping is also related to paws feeling very low and scared at the moment if it wasnt for finding this site and reading other peoples testimonies i think i would have been sectioned by now . my wife asked me to describe how i feel and the only way i could describe it is like having a really bad permanant hang over .HOPE THINGS IMPROVE SOON
micko

Likes Received: 3

Postby BullFrog » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:35 am

Micko, I'm glad you have read the stories here. It's so important to know you are not alone. I'm so sorry that you are dealing with so much intensity of PAWS after 7 months but know this: that is 7 months of almost certainly the worse part and that is over with. I know that doesn't give much comfort if, when reading this, you feel tons of anxiety or are having some setback episodes. Know that many people have actually had what you have and for as long as you have. Biggiesize had it pretty bad up to 9 months. His story is well documented and he even posted again recently. Since you smoked as long as you did that is likely why your symptoms are so severe and persisting as long as they have (I was never addicted and only took weed 4 times in a week and I am still dealing with some residual symptoms - weed isn't as risk free as many want us to think). Keep counting the small victories, keep fighting, and keep comparing yourself now from where you where at months 1 and 2. It helps to see the small improvements. Keep us posted. Don't be alone with this. Fight on!
BullFrog

Likes Received: 53

Postby micko » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:28 am

thanks for your words off support bullfog very encouraging i have every intention off fighting this thing the harder it hurts the harder i will fight i will update every month or so and after reading lots off posts it seems to be around the 9 month mark that things start to change so fingers crossed that symptoms start to improve thanks again micko
micko

Postby BullFrog » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:52 pm

Please do, micko. Give us a monthly report. It's not only important for us in the forum, but for you as well. One day you will look back on some of your earliests posts and see progression. Maybe some set backs on others, but the further along you will see that jaggedy up and down line on the graph slowly point in the down direction towards normalcy.
BullFrog

Postby BullFrog » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:55 pm

And be sure to read the post that says "Question for long time quitters..."

Wonderful thread.
BullFrog

Postby thegreatdane » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:08 pm

Hey man.
Im on 7 and a half month, and i feel the same way. I dont feel normal at all, i feel social anxiety, and nothing gives me real pleasure. I guess you can call it mild depression. I also feel no real energy and motivation. My personal "vibe" and energy is just gone. We just have to trust that our brain and system is rebooting and rewiring. We got to look at all the success stories and just keep FAITH that it will get better. I know it will get better, and we will feel so grateful when we are done. Remember quitting is not a option, we are way beyond that. Hope things get better soon man! Bot for you and me lol.
thegreatdane

Likes Received: 16

Postby Cali-Detroit » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:27 am

Hi Micko,

Check out out the thread "27 months clean - I give up". The title pretty much says it all. Well the dude just checked in, one month away from THREE years clean, and doing great. It's different for everyone and you have to be prepared and accept that it may take awhile. I think he was a 20+ year head like myself and so many others. You're a three decade dude...serious shyte brother. It's going to take time. I know a guy....50 fkn years and he ain't never coming back...ever. Love him dearly, but it's too late, and we all know it. But even at 50, you've still got time my man. Keep on fighting, and think about what could be in your life once you accomplish this monumental task.

Peace to you
Cali-Detroit

Likes Received: 89

Postby BullFrog » Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:29 pm

Cali, you know a guy who has been doing pot for 50 years?! Wow.
BullFrog

Postby leavepawsbehind » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:08 pm

Hey there, I'm at 7.5 months clean. I smoked for 3.5 years. I'm doing much better then I was during the first 6 months but I still have a few issues. I'm confident I'll keep feeling better and will most likely be recovered after 2 years.
leavepawsbehind

Likes Received: 7

Postby Cali-Detroit » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:06 am

BullFrog wrote:Cali, you know a guy who has been doing pot for 50 years?! Wow.

Yes I do. My father.

Great guy, but mental illness is real thing and he still believes it's the answer, even though the anecdotal evidence of his life points to the contrary. Some demons we slay, some consume and devour us with no remorse.

At least I can try and learn from it, and hopefully guide my own children towards a better path.
Cali-Detroit

Likes Received: 89

Postby BullFrog » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:22 pm

Man I am so sorry to hear about that. But, as you say, at least you can hopefully guide your children on a better path.

Thanks for being willing to share that, Cali.
BullFrog

Postby micko » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:35 pm

thanks to everybody for your support and caring thoughts they really do help well its now almost 8 and a half months clean but only small overall improvements anxiety and depression still pretty strong. vertigo and dizziness are still the main 2 problems vertigo got so bad that i went and seen a doctor who has booked me a appointment at ent clinic she seems to think the vertigo is caused by bppv which is a crystal in the ear that has came out off its socket and is floating about in the ear canal and my own research came up with same diagnosis.in the meantime she gave me a prescription for some tablets to help with the dizziness and nausea weird thing is they have had a bit of a effect on my anxiety calming it by about 30 percent totally slowed down my over thinking that is a big bonus in itself so happy about that apart from that things are maybe 5 percent better than last time i posted but time is a great healer so the fight goes on .once again thanks for all the support and will update again in a month so take care friends and keep on fighting bye for now
micko

Postby BullFrog » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:46 pm

Hey Micko, thanks for stopping by and giving us an update! So there are some improvements, and that is good, but I'm sorry it isn't as fast as you would like. Definitely keep us posted. It's great to hear from you! Fight the good fight! All who read your posts are cheering for your success. Believe me we all want to be better and we all want each other to get better. Stay true!
BullFrog