Weed abuse am i fried

Postby Markdaniel » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:56 am

Hello, I haven't been sleeping well at all and struggle to go to work my heads been fcked. I'm bout a little over three months of long term abuse of marijuana. I'm consumed in my head and feel disconnected from people however I still put on a smile and have my communication skills. This is an absolute nightmare I've been into hospital but checked out and pulled myself together and been working the last two months but I wake up with fear having to go to work in a job which I Used to love going to when I was smoking. Everything has changed I feel more anxious and have had suicidal thoughts from the constant pain since quitting. I get severe headaches, had one all day today after using a sleeping tablet last night. I feel tight around forehead and am drowsy and lack energy. I feel like I'm in pure hell, I have moments where I feel good but the insomnia is tiring and relentless. I've never ever been in such misery , I smoked bongs for 22 years and very heavy in the last 5-6 years. I'm worried I'm going to be mentally ill for life. Regret it all but it could be too late.
Markdaniel

Likes Received: 0

Postby BullFrog » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:30 pm

Markdaniel, the truly CONSISTENT theme throughout these threads and even those on other forums on the internet is you have NOT fried your brain and you WILL get better. The longest I have ever read for someone to recover is two years. But then I have also read someone who recovered after 8 weeks. So it varies and the reasons behind why its shorter or longer is based on a host of factors that is hard to really know for sure. I ingested weed 4 times in a week and I am on month 7 of recovery (in the end weed is a psychedelic and even with modern science we still know very little of the brain and it's vastly complex neurochemistry so weed can be a potential problem for even the most infrequent user and certainly for those addicted). I have also read of people who smoked for 20 years starting in their developing teen years and felt perfectly normal and recovered between 6-9 months (others were twice that time). You will be fine Mark. Allow other veterans to come in and post their success stories and those who are on the road to recovery that can give you encouragement. Renounce the lie that you are fried and that your brain is permanently damaged. It simply is not true. But that doesn't mean you won't have a long road ahead of you. It will be hard, Mark, but you are not damaged goods. Your brain is working to recover right now so it's time to do everything you can to give it the time it needs. Eat healthy (consider a plant based diet), exercise every day if you can, take an omega oil (preferrably flax), maybe a b-vitamin complex, watch movies and shows that are light hearted and comical (avoid serious or sad films), walk out in the sun. And whenever you feel crappy, just remember it won't last forever. It sucks, absolutely. But it won't last. During some of the hardest moments in my recovery in the early stages, everything was made worse when the feelings would be overwhelming and I kept thinking I would be like that forever. If I could have just renounced that lie, things would have been much more tolerable.

Stay strong Mark. Are you religious? Go to Church. Pray. Now is the time for great change in your life. Seize it! :) :) :)
BullFrog

Likes Received: 57

Postby leavepawsbehind » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:16 pm

Hey friend, I was in a similar spot for about 6 months. I was worried that I was permanently fried and that I had done something irreversible to my brain. Fortunately, the awful fog of PAWS started lifting and I'd say I've been 95% normal over the past 3 weeks. I'm a little over 7 months sober right now. Just give it some time, take it easy on yourself, and focus on self improvement and distractions.
leavepawsbehind

Likes Received: 8

Postby BullFrog » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:11 pm

leavepawsbehind, awesome that you are starting to feel SO much better! I hope you continue down the path with no setbacks. Stay strong no matter what and thanks for leaving your kind words and encouragement for Mark. It also benefits the rest of us. :)
BullFrog

Postby leavepawsbehind » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:24 pm

It hasn't been easy, but this forum really helped me during my darkest times. I had a lot of scary symptoms that caused me great health anxiety. Particularly the numbness, tingling and burning sensations in my arms, legs, face, etc. When that wasn't causing me to panic, the tinnitus was driving me nuts, and I was too fatigued to do anything more than lay around feeling very depressed and filled with regret. I was used to getting a cut or pulling a muscle and dealing with 6-8 weeks of healing at the worst. Going months feeling ill, and lets be honest, being mentally ill with hardly any sleep was exhausting. A switch flipped a few weeks ago and the last couple of symptoms are dissipating. I wouldn't be so foolish as to suggest that the problems may not come back, but I'm enjoying this reprieve. It's inspired hope that I'll someday be permanently normal, and hopefully sooner rather than later.
leavepawsbehind

Likes Received: 8

Postby BullFrog » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:04 pm

Dude that sounded AWFUL.... wow. Well definitely enjoy this reprieve. And I agree with you. I had a reprieve for most of July (and even the second half of June). So regardless of the fact that my head pressure and dizziness/buzz feelings returned more strongly this month, I have complete hope that I will recover. Having a large season of feeling so much better means it's possible so that is a helpful notion that keeps us strong. But I also have read many stories where people's "reprieve" was permanent and had no setbacks and got cured! So who knows, right? In either case, I will add you to my prayer list as well. :)
BullFrog

Postby Markdaniel » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:54 am

Is there medication u can have for weed withdrawal and a fcked nervous mind?
Markdaniel

Likes Received: 0

Postby BullFrog » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:50 pm

I am unaware of any medication. Lots of exercise, healthy eating, perhaps some vitamins like flax oil, b-vitamin complex, and maybe some others can help. Definitely do LOTS of exercise.
BullFrog