Day 23, anxiety so much reduced

Postby dbezerkeley » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:46 pm

My motivation for quitting after decades of smoking was the fact that for the past year or so I have been waking up to terrible anxiety that was making my mornings miserable. It would take me until the middle of the morning to begin to feel better, but the first hour or two of every day was hell, starting the second I opened my eyes. Much of it was due I believe to a stressful job (which I still have), but out of total desperation I decided to quit smoking to see if it helped. Although for the past few years I've only smoked a little bit every night, I rarely went a day without smoking, and smoked more on weekends. Smoking itself did not make me feel anxious at the time of smoking, I love the high. Of course like most here the first 10 days were miserable, the next 10 days better but fatigued and unable to concentrate (still experiencing the latter to some degree). But I've noticed these past few mornings that my anxiety is reduced by 90%, even thought there are some especially stress-inducing things going on with work. It seems I am mentally stronger and better able to dismiss the anxious thoughts. What a huge relief this is, and I post this to encourage anyone else dealing with anxiety that they feel may be caused by weed that indeed it could be the case. I will miss it, but I don't see how I can possibly ever smoke again.
dbezerkeley

Likes Received: 6

Postby BullFrog » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:54 pm

Good for you dbezerkeley! Cut the habit and become 100% present with day to day life. I'm SO relieved to know your anxiety has been dramatically reduced. I know how much of a wonderful relief and gift that is! Stay strong and keep us posted of your recovery. That's also important for all the rest of us. :)
BullFrog

Likes Received: 36