Four years clean

Postby ClintonW » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:02 am

Good day quitters.

I've been lurking around here quite a bit this last few weeks. You guys help me to realise how far I've come. I read some of the posts from people staring out on their quit journey and I feel for you guys knowing how you're likely feeling taking those first steps to quitdom. Those first few steps are tough, you don't realise how brave you are for doing it.

I'm so glad I quit. It was tough. Especially the first six months or so. Six months sounds such a long time when you're starting out, especially when you're struggling managing a couple of days without, but it really does get easier. Eventually the weed stops calling you. The related anxieties, fatigue, depression, mood swings and all that stuff do go away. You will never be perfect, you never were but you will feel so much better about yourself.

I smoked weed heavily for about 15 years. Barely a day went by where I didn't have at least four joints. I couldn't imagine a day without the stuff. Now I struggle to imagine myself ever having it again. I just don't want to go down that path again.

You're stronger than you know. You know what life is like with weed, why not try it without? And remember, when things get tough, HALT. If you're Hungry, Angry, Lonely or Tired, fix it. Any one of those four things makes you vulnerable.

All the best with the journey.

Mathew
ClintonW

Likes Received: 79

Postby Cthompson21 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:04 pm

Thank you for sharing Mathew. Reading this forum and posts like this give me and others hope for recovery. I'm only one month in but I'm working through it.
Cthompson21

Likes Received: 42

Postby wakinglife » Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:05 pm

Awesome update, Mathew! You expressed precisely what it’s like (in my experience) to quit after years of smoking. Taking the time to check in and share positive updates like yours gives encouragement to newcomers starting along the path.

Well done!

WL
wakinglife
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 259

Postby BullFrog » Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:17 pm

Thanks Matthew! It's so important for people like you to stop by and tell us your success story. We all need it! God bless you!
BullFrog

Likes Received: 67