2 years off cannabis on this coming 6th of September 2018.

Postby syncmaster793s » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:38 pm

Dear all,
It's going to be 2 years since calling it quits on cannabis. I'm 30 years old now. I still suffer from Anxiety, though manageable mostly. Rarely partial panic attacks and hypochondriac episodes. Could it be paws related? Or is it me plainly? I'm certainly feeling way better than my initial abstinencing days from weed. And I'm thankful to myself and my choice and so thankful to so many great guys like you who exchanged words of empathy, priceless information and unbelievable support.
Also, would love to hear about your period of ceasure so far and your conditions.
Have a great time.
Cheers Everyone
syncmaster793s

Likes Received: 1

Postby Cthompson21 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:02 am

How long/how heavy did you smoke before you quit? How long did it take before you started feeling better? I'm only a month and a half in and I still feel miserable :( maybe your anxiety is due to paws but if you haven't tried CBT to manage it i highly recommend it (whether it's paws or not) you might have had beforehand like i did and paws just really brings it out. Congrats on 2 years. I hope i can reach that point someday.
Cthompson21

Likes Received: 46

Postby BullFrog » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:24 am

Hey sync! Thanks for stopping by! Concerning your anxiety, do you recall suffering from anxiety at all prior to your weed usage? If so, then it's hard to say whether it is still PAWS related. However, 2yearquit posted an update on a few threads below at just shy of 3 years and he is FINALLY feeling normal and well again. But glad you quit, glad you feel substantially better then when you first got off the drug. Hope to hear more from you soon!
BullFrog

Likes Received: 69

Postby syncmaster793s » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:41 pm

Dear Bullfrog,
Thanks to you in fact for responding to my need and question. You are great. Thanks
Talking about your 1st question if i remember having anxiety before my weed usage. Well to tell you the truth I had a very occupied teenage.
Occupied with video games, entertainment and recreation. Must be anxiety somewhere that forced me into being busy doing stuffs.
I'm gonna have a look at Mr 2year quit after this.
I'm glad that today it marks my second anniversary of another weed free and Life full experience.
Thanks bruv and hope to hear soon. Cheers
Your Aditya bandd
( You may add me on Facebook)
Tc
syncmaster793s

Postby syncmaster793s » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:46 pm

Dear C Thompson 21
Here's an excerpt from my question raised in the year which contains my usage history.
Rest all is fortunately not relevant at this moment. Tc and hope to hear from you soon.
Cheers
syncmaster793s

Postby syncmaster793s » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:46 pm

I would more than Love to share a similar life changing experience with you guys Here.

I am 23/02/1988 born guy. (so you have an idea of my age on every event I would mention here).

I started smoking cannabis from early 2005. It used to be obviously mild use initially. With time the use transformed into abuse. I smoked on and off like hell taking short brakes not more than 1-2 weeks or months which a doper takes and feels better and gets back to work. I decided that cannabis is taking a toll on my life so decided to quit it big time therefore quit it on the 26th of Jan 2010. Was 100% sober till mid March of 2012, so that is well over 2 years of sobriety. I remember I was a clear thinking, natural euphoric guy After the paws of more than an year- 1n half. So had a Proper relapse after the March of 2012 till September the 1st 2012. I had to go to London for my post graduate studies, so thought will stay clean and was determined. So I was sober back again. sh** that happened there was that there were lot of new wannabe doperz there in my hostel and everywhere around, so IT did contribute to another relapse where my subconscious thought let's smoke that sh** in the airaand show these fake nigas how it's done. Lol.
So I had a relapse in mid December of the 2012. I started skunk (Relatively more potent form of weed) there everyday 5-8 joints a day and went on ruthlessly until only to come across this experience which changed my life when I had this Panic attack on the 2nd or 3rd of May 2013. After that I had it every day and also had to go to Accidental and Emergency unit in London itself. So out of the blue I came back to India on 10th of May 2013, thank god my written exams were done. Here I was diagnosed with Panic Disorder and Mild to moderate depression. I was not a depressed before this incident of Panic and anxiety. I was put on medicines by my shrink. I recovered gradually and got rid of my medication. Only to **** it up again in July 2014. Where I had another relapse. I was feeling deep down better that This time I would be quitting voluntarily again. And I finally did on this 21st of Jan 2015.

It has been slightly more than 3 months today and I am Ok and determined to live a sober life ahead of this.
The problems I am suffering currently are Generalized Anxiety, Mild depression at times, foggy brain and other symptoms similar to the ones evident in PAWS. I am confused if whether these symptoms are PAWS related itself, or there is an underlying ailment. Personally I can comfortably state that I am not an Anxious and depressed person taking into consideration my basis nature. So I'm wondering if it's PAWS.

Kindly Help Dear Bruvs.
Cheers.
syncmaster793s

Postby Lucy0611 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:28 pm

Thank you syncmaster for sharing your experience with us.
It gives me so much hope.
Im ~ 11 months in. I still have days with bad waves of anxiety and panic attacks (like today). It s awful. Stay strong!
Lucy0611

Likes Received: 7

Postby Bagobones » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:12 pm

syncmaster793s wrote:Dear all,
It's going to be 2 years since calling it quits on cannabis. I'm 30 years old now. I still suffer from Anxiety, though manageable mostly. Rarely partial panic attacks and hypochondriac episodes. Could it be paws related? Or is it me plainly? I'm certainly feeling way better than my initial abstinencing days from weed. And I'm thankful to myself and my choice and so thankful to so many great guys like you who exchanged words of empathy, priceless information and unbelievable support.
Also, would love to hear about your period of ceasure so far and your conditions.
Have a great time.
Cheers Everyone

I am 2 years off weed too.. Awesome mate.. Good for both of us... hehe. Personaly I feel I landed on my feet, after my weed maddness. No bad stuff to report, and weed and quitting is getting really in the past now for me. I have a little problem relating to this forum and peoples problems now, because I am slowly forgetting about it all..

I do miss my favorite vice now and then though.. I have not found a good replacement for it.. So I feel very "straight" in a wierd way... I need something soon to become a bit of a bad seed again.... I kind of miss being the black sheep among my peoples....
Bagobones

Likes Received: 142