Mood and Activity Diary

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:54 am

And correctly, you will reap the consequences in each of those situations, not because of them, but because of your actions, your lack of care for yourself.
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 1015

Postby Mayfair » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:58 am

But, I’ll tell you what does matter. What does matter is that I don’t care if anyone cares what I do. That is material to my existence. I’ve spent decades helping others, but not for them. Some care, some appreciate, others don’t. But, it doesn’t matter, because I don’t base my self worth, I don’t base my value on whether or not others care or approve.

Mayfair

Postby Mayfair » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:15 pm

Richard@DecisionSkills wrote:And correctly, you will reap the consequences in each of those situations, not because of them, but because of your actions, your lack of care for yourself.

What does matter is that I don’t care if you care what I do.

But, I’ll tell you what does matter. What does matter is that I don’t care if anyone cares what I do. That is material to my existence. I’ve spent decades helping others, but not for them. Some care, some appreciate, others don’t. But, it doesn’t matter, because I don’t base my self worth, I don’t base my value on whether or not others care or approve
Mayfair

Postby Mayfair » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:33 pm

A husband shouldn't care if his wife cares what he does or doesn't do.
Mayfair

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:53 pm

Mayfair wrote:A husband shouldn't care if his wife cares what he does or doesn't do.

Absolutely, 100% correct. You assume the worst of the husband. I don’t. You assume the husband as incapable, whereas I assume the husband is capable.

Read Plato’s Republic. Try to understand the concept of the benevolent dictator. Try to understand the concept of the good parent or the shepherd. While it requires a huge ego to believe one is without flaw, capable of never stepping outside what the wife might care about, it requires equally a tragic level of having no ego, no self esteem to believe the husband is incapable of doing what is right in spite of what his wife may wish to believe.

The hero...in this scenario that happens to be the husband...does the right thing regardless of what the wife or anyone else might consider the right thing. That requires sacrifice. The villain on the other hand does the wrong thing in spite of what the wife thinks. That requires being selfish. You wish to paint the husband as the villain, as selfish. I don’t.

You will stop caring what others think about you when you see yourself as endeavoring to be the hero rather than the villain.
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP

Postby Mayfair » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:22 pm

I don't care what Richard thinks about me or has to say in his posts.
Mayfair

Postby Mayfair » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:27 pm

A husband cheats on his wife, because he doesn't care what his wife thinks.
Mayfair

Postby Mayfair » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:14 pm

I don't care what people think about me.

A murderer doesn't care what other people think about him when he kills people.

People don't care what I think.
Mayfair

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:00 am

Mayfair wrote:I don't care what people think about me. I don't care what Richard thinks about me or has to say in his posts.

If that were true Jason, then you would have the ego to move beyond nihilism. You would then have the power, the freedom to be master of your destiny, captain of your ship. And you would then reap the consequences and benefits of that freedom. Instead, you remain a cabin boy looking for approval of the captain.

Mayfair wrote:A murderer doesn't care what other people think about him when he kills people.

Assuming the above is true, which sometimes it is, then the murderer reaps the consequences of his ego. If he was the captain, then he goes down with the ship he owned. More than likely though, he was the cabin boy. Most murderers are, quick to anger because they seek approval from others for their own existence.

Maybe it is a good thing for those around you that you currently stay enslaved, subjugated by nihilism. If you ever were able to have an ego strong enough break those chains would you want to be the hero or the villain?
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP

Postby Mayfair » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:49 am

I don't care to read your posts. I don't care what you think.
Mayfair

Postby Mayfair » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:57 am

I don't care what you have to say.
Mayfair

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:30 am

Mayfair wrote:I don't care to read your posts. I don't care what you think. I don't care what you have to say.

Perfect. You caring or not about what I have to say has no bearing on my ship, my journey, my path. The fact that you don’t care is suppose to mean what to me Jason? Is your lack of care suppose to mean something to me? Is it suppose to influence or manipúlate me? No, because whether or not you care is irrelevant, as I am captain of my ship.

I think this is where you miss the boat, pun intended. I don’t care about your lack of caring, because I endeavor to be the good parent, not the child. I endeavor to be the good shepherd, not the sheep. I certainly could be, like anyone else, the villain, the unfaithful husband, the murderer, but I choose not to be.

There are those that don’t care what others think and they do good and then there are those that don’t care what others think and they do evil. You refuse to look at both sides of the coin, so you deny yourself the possibility of having power of your own choices. Instead, you seek the approval of others.
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP

Postby Candid » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:58 am

Richard@DecisionSkills wrote:There are those that don’t care what others think and they do good and then there are those that don’t care what others think and they do evil.

There are also those who don't care and do NOTHING... because, like our nihilist Jason, they've somehow wedged themselves between a rock and a hard place.

So here you are again, Jason. I thought you might have bitten the bullet (or fired it) and left us.

I've seen "I don't care what you think" in more than a dozen posts of yours today. And in some places, "no one cares what I think". Perhaps you can take the next step and say: "I don't care what I think."

There's a lot of freedom in not caring. I hope you'll soon fall through the bottom of your own misery and start flying.

Four years ago, Bodhidharma wrote:I have "glimpsed" as you said into a higher plane of being (once) and felt like I was doing everything and spontaneously burst into a great big belly laugh that lasted for what felt like forever. I felt at the time I created my world as if by pure thought. I imagined at the time a knock of the window and at the same time my friend was knocking at the window. He moved around to the door, and again a knock of the door which I felt like I created. We went outside and I couldn't stop laughing because it felt like I was doing it and it was doing me.

I then found hermeticism about these different planes and that everything was on a scale. Where does hot and cold start and stop? Where is the line between love and hate? Polar opposite but on the same scale.

I want to know more about the swing of these things (the swing back and forth) and to ascend to a higher plane of being. Where I am not the pawn being pushed around the checkerboard but the actually player of the game.

and a few posts later

It's a thing I have called divine madness that is keeping me alive because I think I am on the verge of showing to myself that there in fact could be a higher spiritual plane that everyone is so looking for in life that and I also want to write a book.

I have also wondered why there was religion and why people believed in a higher power, I think they were wrong, there isn't some God up there looking down here on us. The fact might be even scarier than that still, but what if you are God?
Candid
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 314

Postby Mayfair » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:22 am

I have written 200 pages of my new book. I am at work now.

I don't care to read what Candid or Richard has posted. I don't care what you people think or say.
Mayfair

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:44 pm

Awesome. 200 pages is great. And you are correct, you shouldn’t care what anyone says. Don’t let what someone else thinks or says define you. In my opinion, it holds you back...even as what I say should not matter, but that is up to you. It is your choice and you will reap the benefits or consequences, regardless of what I think or say.
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP

PreviousNext