Long Term Healing

Postby BullFrog » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:30 pm

I made an observation today that I am wondering if others have noticed as well. Perhaps others have encountered something to the contrary, but I have noticed something that I believe is also a testament to long term healing from those who quit weed (or took it once and had a wretched reaction).

I have noticed that there are no posts of people claiming after 5 years of being clean from weed that they have not recovered. I have never seen a post where someone says, "Hey guys, it's been 5+ years now of me being fully clean from weed and I am STILL experiencing anxiety, STILL experiencing a given PAWS symptom".

Perhaps those who have been here awhile like bagobones or cleanofgreen might know of something to the contrary, but I believe the fact that I have never encountered such a post anywhere is a testament that we do, indeed heal. Granted, others like bagobones, cleanofgreen, and the host of other testimonies from those who have been healed long term on this forum is proof also. I am grateful for their stories, their continual presence on these forums, and their words of encouragement that we get better. But I believe this particular observation is just another fact that I think can give encouragement to us who are months or years into our healing process.

I hope you are all well. I pray for everyone in this forum everyday.
BullFrog

Likes Received: 58

Postby thegreatdane » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:16 pm

Yeah all those posts gives me so much motivation. Im almost at 9 months and it feels like i have made no progress. Its just a constant flatline with low confidence, depression, and anxiety.
thegreatdane

Likes Received: 25

Postby Backatit » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:08 am

Hi BullFrog and thegreatdane. Perhaps like you I have read A LOT of the posts on here. I’m also coming up on 2 years clean in just over a month. It’s been slow going, but there is definite improvement. I’m not fully recovered but compared to one year ago I’m worlds better.
It seems like for most people PAWS lasts anywhere from 9 months to 3 years. Lots of people are fully recovered after one year, but many of us are not. It seems like after 2 years the vast majority are fully recovered, and some take as long as 3 years. Anything after that and I think it’s a good idea to consider other causes.
Best of luck to you both in the recovery process. Nothing is more important.
Backatit

Likes Received: 7

Postby ashthewarrior7 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:39 am

Bullfrog is being amazing and proactive here. This is a very uplifting thread.cheers to you.

I'm no expert or great award winning scientist, but here's what I think:

If it's weed caused PAWS, yeah 3-4 years is the max. If it's other substances or use of other drugs during PAWS, you can expect a longer period of recovery. Weed PAWS is actually alot better than harder drugs PAWS. Heroin PAWS apparently goes on for 5-7 years with cravings lasting even longer.
You know what they say, if you play with fire you'll burn yourself. I think until a recommended doze of weed is determined scientifically, it is always going to be dangerous to consume it. And not just the amount but also how to measure how much we are taking in. I mean if I decide to have an edible or a joint I have no idea how much THC I am going to consume. One things I saw in common in almost all the posts here is they either did too much (quantity/intensity) or did it for too long. Or both. I won't be surprised if there is a term called THC poisoning within the next decade.

If your body can get diabetes because of too much insulin and it gets reversed with the absence of it (because you control your sugar in diet) then for sure your body can get some issue because of too much THC and it takes it course to recover.

Let me know what you think?
ashthewarrior7

Likes Received: 38

Postby BullFrog » Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:14 am

@Backatit, good to hear from you and I agree. And thanks for the encouragement. It's important to have perspective where we were months or even a year ago as you pointed out. It keeps us positive, focused, and helps us acknowledge that we are healing.

@AshTheWarrior, thanks for your kind words! Cheers to you, friend!

And I appreciate your commentary. I think you are spot on and I agree entirely. I think a LOT more will come out about THC and how much/little should be consumed especially when it is legal everywhere and it is removed as a schedule 1. It makes logical sense to think a term like "THC poisoning" to be real in the near future as we become more aware of its effects on a larger population. I believe this forum confirms this and what we all have experienced and seen in the innumerable threads.

Hope you all have a great night! Fight on!
BullFrog

Likes Received: 58

Postby Bagobones » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:46 am

BullFrog wrote:Perhaps those who have been here awhile like bagobones or cleanofgreen might know of something to the contrary, but I believe the fact that I have never encountered such a post anywhere is a testament that we do, indeed heal. Granted, others like bagobones, cleanofgreen, and the host of other testimonies from those who have been healed long term on this forum is proof also. I am grateful for their stories, their continual presence on these forums, and their words of encouragement that we get better. But I believe this particular observation is just another fact that I think can give encouragement to us who are months or years into our healing process.

Personaly I agree with your observation. I never think about "healing" or getting better at all. And "the struggle" if you can call it that is starting to be a distant thing for me. Our brain has a way of only remember the positive and forget the negative stuff.
One tip I benefit greatly from still every day is the new heathy habbits I started doing while the PAWS was raging at its worst. Right now while I am typing this, I am practising spanish with a woman in Barcelona online. My Spanish is getting close to B1 level, and miss Flores is getting close to B1 Norwegian with my help.. Apart from that miss Flores is a constant provider of smiles, laughs and inspiration to me. So if it was not for the bad brainfog, and feelings of disconnect towards other people I had during PAWS, I would have never met her and now soon to be B1 level Spanish.. And I would not have had plane tickets to Honduras for some surf (something I started with again during PAWS to get in shape), yoga (PAWS drove me to yoga) and Spanish practising.. Traveling in itself was me trying to escape myself and my problems in 2016, and also something I got into again because of PAWS..
So if it was not for PAWS I would not have met miss T, miss Flores, Patricia, the cloud 9 surfers, the thaiboxers and mma fighters, see the middle east, get into mountain biking and climbing again, get to know my awesome and amazing yoga teacher, getting closer to my family (thank you for the Dubai trip dad), and so on... The list is starting to get endless..

One day you will get well... And its really your choice how you choose to spend this time with PAWS.. I chose to try and outrun my problems. I stumbled and failed endless amount of times, but lord almighty what an adventure the 2 last years have been... I do not regret a thing.. And a real adventure is not an adventure without falling and getting some scars, scratches and bruises on the way, thinking WTF am I doing... hehe

So keep on going Bullfrog.. Keep on beeing inspiring. Get yourself out of your comfortzone, because what do you really got to lose? It does not get any worst than what you already are experiencing, and it will be an amazing school of delayed gratifications.. The best high there is..
Bagobones

Likes Received: 142