tips for how to identify and process emotions?

Postby soraya24 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:06 am

I grew up in a family where there was emotional neglect and emotional abuse.. I find that I get stressed easily but often am not quite sure what the stressor is or how I can resolve it - except that I want to eat or sleep or blot out the emotion somehow.

Can anyone offer any tips for how to identify what's going on and process it? I've tried general journaling but I get bored with that after a while. I don't want to wear out friends by continually going over crappy situations or discussing my mental/emotional health.
soraya24

Likes Received: 0

Postby Chad Capote » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:47 pm

go on, read academically on the psychology of emotions. go out and make friends. get into a healing yoga course. coming from a similar house culture, these things have worked great for me!
Chad Capote

Likes Received: 2

Postby Chad Capote » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:58 pm

i remember reading a lot of Pearson's psychology books to grapple with experiences objectively. here's a link to help you get started: https://www.bartleby.com/search?q=psych ... son&page=1

about a yoga course near you, look up an online directory

all the best!
Chad Capote

Likes Received: 2

Postby soraya24 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:38 pm

Thank you Chad Capote for kindly replying.

I will definitely check out the link and also look up the psychology of emotions. However, I think I'm much too out of shape to do yoga exercise,
soraya24

Likes Received: 0