11 months weed free update

Postby Robb1e_g » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:37 pm

What’s up guys, I said I’d be back in a month for another’s update, so here’s what’s up;

The beginning of October went well, I had about ten days of feeling good and even great with only anxiety and questioning creeping in for a second every once in awhile that I would overcome rather easily.

Then I had a few days of not so good, it’s like idek how to describe what the symptoms are anymore. I will say it’s still hard to remember the past days once they go by and just short term memory in general is iffy.

I am starting to realize as well how lost I was as a person and what my values and what life meant to me while I was smoking so much as not following my heart.

I still have ways to go but like I said way better than the first 4 months. A lot of this is mindset and winning every little battle and loving yourself. Let me know what you guys are still experiencing because verbalizing the issues brings it out into the open so it’s vulnerable to be overcome.

I will be honest and say this has been the hardest experience of my life and wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy.

I have a new perspective on life and can now have more sympathy for others.

All in all the biggest two problems yet are the anxiety and memory.
Robb1e_g

Likes Received: 45

Postby thegreatdane » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:26 pm

Thats amazing that you had a lot of good days! Keep holding on to that feeling man, and let it give you hope that you will feel even better soon with no bad days.
Im on 9 months and have a "good" day extremely rarely. But it is what it is. Update us at a year ;)
thegreatdane

Likes Received: 40

Postby BullFrog » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:13 am

Hey Robb! Definitely good to hear that you had several good days! Encouraging and hold onto that! It's so important. July was a GREAT month for me. August was crappy. September somewhat better, but October feels more like August again. Mainly the distracting buzzy/dizzy/pressure in my head. But no significant bouts of anxiety and my memory is doing pretty good.

Like you, this whole experience has challenged me greatly. I appreciate life a lot more. I greatly sympathize with mental health issues a lot more. I am more compassionate because of it. I have prayed more in the last 8 months then the last 2 years combined. I have sought to not allow "discomfort" be the reason why I don't go out and experience things with my family. I try and overcome that now and just "seize the day!" so to speak. I realized how not present I have been over the last couple of years. I didn't realize I was struggling with what is known as "despondency".

In an odd way, I am grateful for this experience. I mean, I don't wish to be going through this. But since I am, I am grateful for the lessons I am learning and for the spiritual growth I have been experiencing. It's a sucky way to learn valuable lessons, but at least I am learning!!

Be strong, Robb, and fight on!
BullFrog

Likes Received: 71

Postby Robb1e_g » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:23 am

Very well put bullfrog, love to hear from you, I would say despindency is a big issue for me since I started and stopped smoking, but yes we should all realize this is a huge lesson to learn from and take as much as we can get from it, I will be back to update at the one year mark, I hope by one and a half years to feel almost completely better with college coming in January, but for now I’m going to enjoy this week and celebrate my birthday on Monday! And the Great Dane trust me it’ll get better slowly but surely, it’s extremely slow for me and even on my good days I wouldn’t say I’ve yet had a perfect day with nothing popping back up symptom wise, but I’ve come pretty close on a day or two maybe, Keep fighting guys!
Robb1e_g

Likes Received: 45