Can hypnosis or hypnotherapy help me?

Postby Ken » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:11 am

I’m looking to develop or improve several areas in my life, as I don’t seem to be getting as much fulfillment as I feel that I should.

The first and foremost is that I would like to be more fun to be around and to be able to build lasting friendships. In the past, I’ve found that I’ve made a small number of good friends, but once one of us has moved away, then the friendship quickly dissolves. At the moment, I feel a bit too overwhelmed with work to give time to catching up with friends, which I know isn’t a healthy way to be.

I would love to be more charismatic and fun to be around. I sometimes think of myself as being a bit too serious and occasionally negative. I wonder whether I get the lack of charisma from by father, who doesn’t have any friends at all. I’m a bit concerned that I could end up in a similar situation/becoming a similar character to him. I don’t think I lack confidence, but a bit more wouldn’t necessarily go amiss.
I would love to be a great partner to my other half. Currently, we get on fine, but there’s no spark in our relationship. I’m not sure what to do about this but wonder whether it’s a confidence thing on my part.

I can be a bit of a procrastinator when it comes to getting jobs done, i.e. I have the best intentions but struggle to get on with or complete a job. Someone recently suggested that I may be a perfectionist and that may be a reason for procrastinating. My parents put quite a bit of pressure on me whilst I was at school to achieve this and that, and often it was in areas that I wasn’t so good at or had little interest in, e.g. particular subjects at school, learning a musical instrument. The things I was good at, such as sport, languages etc. weren’t really supported or encouraged.

On the work/life balance, I’m currently working pretty much 10 hour days everyday. It’s at the stage where I don’t feel that I can really dedicate time to much else. The list of other things I’d like to do (hobbies, odd jobs etc.) is substantial, and as it stands, I can’t see me getting much else other than work done.

I’ve downloaded a few self-hypnosis MP3s (Laugh More, Becoming Popular and Be More Charismatic), but struggle to find the time to listen to them (that, and based on some of the above, I feel that just in case they don’t work, I would be wasting my time listening to them).

Based on the brief information above, is there hope for me to change, should I really make an effort with the self-hypnosis MP3s or should I really be trying to see someone?
Ken

Likes Received: 0

Postby quietvoice » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:59 pm

Too much "thinking" going on here.

Do some MEDITATION. Daily. Ask Kyle Cease how that has worked out for him.
quietvoice

Likes Received: 211

Postby Armstrong » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:37 pm

Ken wrote:I’m looking to develop or improve several areas in my life, as I don’t seem to be getting as much fulfillment as I feel that I should.

The first and foremost is that I would like to be more fun to be around and to be able to build lasting friendships. In the past, I’ve found that I’ve made a small number of good friends, but once one of us has moved away, then the friendship quickly dissolves. At the moment, I feel a bit too overwhelmed with work to give time to catching up with friends, which I know isn’t a healthy way to be.

Warning. Don't look for how to be 'fun around' or desire "cool" things to do. Young friends and some older people go with the flow, they do what their friends do, what is trendy. Learn being alone is not being lonely, which is difficult but comes with time. Time is your friend. Friends are not bad, that's not what i am saying, but there are priorities - and being fun around comes late, when you have found the special person.
I would love to be more charismatic and fun to be around. I sometimes think of myself as being a bit too serious and occasionally negative. I wonder whether I get the lack of charisma from by father, who doesn’t have any friends at all. I’m a bit concerned that I could end up in a similar situation/becoming a similar character to him. I don’t think I lack confidence, but a bit more wouldn’t necessarily go amiss.
I would love to be a great partner to my other half. Currently, we get on fine, but there’s no spark in our relationship. I’m not sure what to do about this but wonder whether it’s a confidence thing on my part.

How is there no spark in your relationship, like, do you not talk much?
How is your father spending his time? Where are you from?
Being serious most probably overclouds your 'judgment', you must chose between control and effectivity, or openess and productivity. Don't you want to be effective? Do you need to be productive? Being in control is to be clouded in judgment.
I can be a bit of a procrastinator when it comes to getting jobs done, i.e. I have the best intentions but struggle to get on with or complete a job. Someone recently suggested that I may be a perfectionist and that may be a reason for procrastinating. My parents put quite a bit of pressure on me whilst I was at school to achieve this and that, and often it was in areas that I wasn’t so good at or had little interest in, e.g. particular subjects at school, learning a musical instrument. The things I was good at, such as sport, languages etc. weren’t really supported or encouraged.

Again 1. Serious control or 2. Fun openess.
Regard the fact that openess can lead to more effectivity which can overshadow or dominate your original control. You can have both, but first you must get good at one as dominant.
On the work/life balance, I’m currently working pretty much 10 hour days everyday. It’s at the stage where I don’t feel that I can really dedicate time to much else. The list of other things I’d like to do (hobbies, odd jobs etc.) is substantial, and as it stands, I can’t see me getting much else other than work done.

Can you spend time on learning?
Based on the brief information above, is there hope for me to change, should I really make an effort with the self-hypnosis MP3s or should I really be trying to see someone?

I don't have experience with hypnosis, trance is real, and you should see someone. You will then have tried. God says seek - and i will assist you.
Armstrong

Postby xxxumya » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:09 pm

Hi there, im pretty interested in hypnosis as well. Im pretty sure that could help you alot. Ive heard crazy stories of people telling things about themselves dyring hypnosis they would never come to tell otherwise. I would recommend you a book called the secret. That book has helped me a ton. Ive also read a bit on numerology its a 4000 year old method. But honestly hypnotherapy seems very legit.
xxxumya

Likes Received: 0