there's something wrong with the way i think

Postby John_smith » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:56 pm

I've felt this change in the way I've been seeing the world in the last year. The change ad become obvious, yet I couldn't say when exactly it happened. When people talk it feels like there words are floating, like they aren't actually talking just saying one word over and over again. It makes it impossible to focus since when people are trying to talk to me it feels like i can only hear the pitch and the tone they are speaking in but not the words. I also cant focus well on words, it's not like an eye site thing it more like everything feels a bit hard to focus on

I get fascinated by the simplest things, like today i was sitting with my friends staring at the sky and it felt so perfect, I know it was just the sky, but it felt so amazing. Then later I was sitting with my friend staring at these marks on her knuckles and I just reached over and touched them she didn't mind, but it almost felt like the feeling of her knuckles created a sort of peace in my life. Yet this happens with everything, if this happened once or twice it wouldn't be a worry but it happens all the time every minute of every day.

My head feels foggy like I can't think straight, actually like I can't think at all. I say what comes to my head and when someone asks me question it will take up to a minute to even understand what they said. People don't really understand what I'm trying to say because it just comes out as a mess of words and i can hardly keep a conversation.My emotions are all f***ed up as well I will find myself laughing at something entirely mellow.

On top of all that I will have intense mood swings. One second I will feel unbelievably tired and sad then the next I'll feel amazing and like nothing can touch me. It's even been pointed out that within one conversation my mood will change then change back entirely.

The best way to describe it is like feeling high or when you wake up in the middle of the night, but you can't completely comprehend stuff. With the way I'm acting right now I'e been asked multiple times if i'm drunk or high because I feel and am acting like it. I looked it up and I can't find anyone else who fees like this, so does anyone know what it might be and what I can do to help it.
John_smith

Likes Received: 0

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:34 am

You wrote five coherent paragraphs on a topic explaining how you think you think. Based on what you wrote, there is no indication that there is anything wrong with your ability to express a coherent thought. In other words, you don’t need any help communicating what you are thinking. You do that just fine.

If people are asking you about your behaviors, this doesn’t show a flawed thought process. It only shows your behaviors are outside of social norms (eg. staring or acting drunk). You will gain or suffer based on these behaviors. Currently the negatives for your behaviors are not a significant impact. If you begin to lose friendships over your behaviors, you will then learn to modify your behaviors or cope in other ways such as withdrawing socially. This is very evident in what you wrote, because you are self aware of what behaviors you believed are negative. For example, a person that was unaware that touching another person’s knuckles violated social norms might have a problem with the way they think. But you are self aware. You recognize that behavior as odd, which means it is the behavior rather than the thought process.

Mood swings are probably related to whatever expectations, right or wrong, that you have about the world and how you think that the world should work. Mood is a very primal way to try and manipulate those around us, including self manipulation. Try to smile or whistle and remain unhappy. It is a self manipulation. Babies cry to alter the environment, drawing the attention of a parent. Mood therefore, is an implicit tool used to try and remove some discomfort we experience, most often a social discomfort.
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 996

Postby John_smith » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:57 am

Richard@DecisionSkills wrote:You wrote five coherent paragraphs on a topic explaining how you think you think. Based on what you wrote, there is no indication that there is anything wrong with your ability to express a coherent thought. In other words, you don’t need any help communicating what you are thinking. You do that just fine.

If people are asking you about your behaviors, this doesn’t show a flawed thought process. It only shows your behaviors are outside of social norms (eg. staring or acting drunk). You will gain or suffer based on these behaviors. Currently the negatives for your behaviors are not a significant impact. If you begin to lose friendships over your behaviors, you will then learn to modify your behaviors or cope in other ways such as withdrawing socially. This is very evident in what you wrote, because you are self aware of what behaviors you believed are negative. For example, a person that was unaware that touching another person’s knuckles violated social norms might have a problem with the way they think. But you are self aware. You recognize that behavior as odd, which means it is the behavior rather than the thought process.

Mood swings are probably related to whatever expectations, right or wrong, that you have about the world and how you think that the world should work. Mood is a very primal way to try and manipulate those around us, including self manipulation. Try to smile or whistle and remain unhappy. It is a self manipulation. Babies cry to alter the environment, drawing the attention of a parent. Mood therefore, is an implicit tool used to try and remove some discomfort we experience, most often a social discomfort.

I think I most likely didn’t explain myself fully I have no problem in the way people see me. If someone says I’m acting drunk I don’t mind at all, unless they say it to be rude. What I dislike is the constant feeling of drunk ness. At times it almost numbs away normal feeling which can be good but at times it exgagerates what I’m already feeling or sometimes is basically numbs me from everything around me.

The way I think, like how I form pharagraphs is hard to explain. It is way to much effort to write sentances than it should do and it just takes a while to figure out what people are saying. Considering here that this feeling as only exsisted for about a year and only got really bad the last few months meaning, it is obvious to me that this is not my normal thinking pattern and it is currently disturbing my day to day life intensely.

On your last point about mood swings it definitely is a thinking point to me as it could be the case. The only thing that stops me from fully believing that is that I can literally feel a mood swing coming in mid sentence or conversation it feels like a sort of lightness or joy.
John_smith

Postby quietvoice » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:28 am

Have you ever suffered from a concussion (traumatic brain injury)? There are long-term effects of of this type of injury, especially if you've had more than one. I have a friend who's had several in his younger years, which brought this to mind for me.
quietvoice

Likes Received: 211

Postby emtelligence » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:20 am

Maybe you should seek advice from a professional. It's good that you're questioning things though.
emtelligence