highly sensitive to criticism

Postby johnmason » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:38 am

why am i so sensitive to criticism..if someone scolds me or talk to me in a rough manner i get angry quickly..although i know i shouldnt..howsoever i may be good...i will get criticised...its the rule of human society..how do i let go of these sensitivity. ?and start not taking everything to heart..
johnmason

Likes Received: 0

Postby Candid » Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:46 am

John, you've been here for a while now and a lot of your posts indicate you're very hard on yourself. That means when someone else has a go, your inner reaction is "I know I'm a bad guy, so lay off!"

If you could get rid of the self-criticism that runs through your head night and day, you'd be better placed to shrug off criticism from others. You're a good person. Keep that in mind, and what Other People say won't bother you.
Candid
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 305

Postby johnmason » Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:55 pm

i know i am very hard on myself...but i am very very sensitive,, wish i could let go of it,,,, i hope to find happiness someday..maybe i will truly be able to accept myself as who i am with slight modification...
johnmason

Likes Received: 0

Postby Candid » Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:09 pm

The best way to get started is to adore yourself exactly as you are right now. Honestly.
Candid
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 305