1 year weed free

Postby Robb1e_g » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:43 am

Hey guys, I’m coming up on one year weed free in about a week I’m very proud so I figure I’d tell you guys how it’s going

I will say for at least 2 full weeks I felt pretty much back to normal without many hiccups at all and I was so happy about it, today was not the same though. I was in a lot of despair today and had just felt very stressed and upset about myself and was confused about everything and questioning life and what not, just felt like I wasn’t able to push through. Although I will say I’ve distracted myself and stuck to what I believe is true and am better off right now than earlier in the day.

I guess I would say the only real symptom or two that are still holding me down unfortunately is the fact that sometimes I feel like there is a veil over my face blocking me from experiencing life as I should; almost like I feel like it’s an illusion in a way and it’s very scary and bothersome at times. It’s not there all the time but especially when I think about it and get upset over it it really gets worse. The other thing is just the fact that something feels wrong in the back of my head when nothing is really wrong. I believe I’m still getting over anxiety and waiting for my dopamine receptors to fully recover as it can still be hard to enjoy things like I used to. It still sometimes feels like I’m being fake and I’m on autopilot stuck in my head at times.

I hate to say that I might have some depression throughout this withdrawal because depression scares me which makes my anxiety worse through all of this but it’s getting better

One other thing I still struggle with is extistenial thoughts; not as bad as before but still there.

I’m glad to say overall I’m getting better with time, it still sucks a lot when I have the symptoms but at the same time they are not as intense.

I hope to fully recover within the next 6 to 12 months so I can continue enjoy myself my family my friends and my life and feel the meaning and zest come back to me.

Stay strong guys
Robb1e_g

Likes Received: 45

Postby Cthompson21 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:47 am

Congratulations on one year!!! You should be proud, and I'm glad your doing a little better. It's hard I can imagine wth the existential thoughts but I'm sure within 6 to 12 months you will see more improvement, undoubtedly. Keep updating and pushing through those bad days.
Cthompson21

Likes Received: 46

Postby Robb1e_g » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:35 am

Thanks man I appreciate it! It sucks and sometime I feel like It’s me not the withdrawal but I’m sure that’s just anxiety
Robb1e_g

Postby ashthewarrior7 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:14 am

Don't let your sneaky brain let you believe it's true, it'll keep trying hard to get you so miserable that you'll give in. But the worst is behind you now. Show that brain that you're the boss and what you decide goes! Keep going !
ashthewarrior7

Likes Received: 75

Postby Robb1e_g » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:20 am

Thanks for the reply man it means a lot! Like I said I’m worlds better than the first 3 or 4 months, it just seems like all of my symptoms are very psychological and nothing real physical anymore
Robb1e_g

Postby cleanofgreen » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:54 am

Congrats on the one year off weed, thats and wonderful achievement.

You said you had 2 full weeks of normality so that tells me your brain is healing in the normal peaks and valley way. The normal times will lengthen as you continue to abstain and one day you will finish having a bad spell and the good patch that follows will remain.

Keep on pushing through and you'll get there in the end. It just takes time, more time than any of us ever imagined for such a "harmless" drug.

Good luck and stay strong.
cleanofgreen

Likes Received: 162

Postby Robb1e_g » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:10 pm

I appreciate the reply man it means a lot, thanks for the reassurance, it gets scary sometimes
Robb1e_g