Officially 1 year weed free! There’s hope!

Postby Robb1e_g » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:39 am

Hey guys, I’m about to be officially one year weed free and I came to give hope to others who are struggling

For those who don’t know my story, I’m 20 years old and I smoked 90 percent thc wax for a year, about 9 or 10 months was daily multiple times, the last day I smoked I tried a tab of lsd (have no idea what compelled me to do it probably peer pressure and I wasnt even thinking cause I was always high) and had the worst day of my life. That day I chain smoked 4 bowls and did 4 huge dabs which made me have a terribly bad trip and the worst panic attack of my life.

I still to this day am not sure if the lsd has any effect on my mental health but I sure hope not. I don’t think it did considering I had no issues before smoking or quitting weed, and the first three days of quitting I felt fine, actually happy.

Three days after quitting weed is when sh** got real bad. For the first 2 months I had to hold my mothers hand shaking for hours and sobbing feeling so inadequate and lost and scared. I didn’t know what was wrong with me and couldn’t function whatsoever. I still get chills and upset thinking about those days.

Then the next three months were hell too, every physiological symptom you could think of I had. For some reason I had no physical symptoms, except for the beginning (couldn’t eat, tired all the time, fatigued, wanted to pass out after eating)

I will say the only real physical symptoms I’ve had throughout withdrawal are fatigue and tiredeness and also after eating just feeling super shitty ( and at random points through the day)

Anyways, month 6 I started feeling better and decided to **** it up by getting wasted at a party (not a good idea the next morning) I definitely think that really set me back.

The next few months after that I saw little improvement, but improvement. Month 5 and 6 is where I saw the most improvement I believe.

coming up to one year here I had a night about 3 or 4 days ago where EVERYTHING BECAME COMPLETELY BETTER. COMPETELY SYMPTOM FREE. It was crazy. It was like all of my questions were answered, I was out of the woods and understood what I went through and realized I’m fine. I felt great. Normal. Happy to be alive. Just so joyous and back to myself. I wanted to cry. I thanked god every two seconds for those 3 days of peace, wonder, enjoyment, contentment. And I knew who I was again and I wasn’t doubting myself. It was truly amazing. I never felt like that throughout all of my withdrawal. Unfortunately I’ve slowly came back down to my main symptoms again ( Anhedonia, existential questioning, sometimes anxiety, self doubt, feelings of inadequacy)

I will say anxiety is nothing like it used to be. It seems like the only things I’m still dealing with ( which I’ve actually seen improvement on in this last month) is just feeling kinda lost in a way, depression I guess, I believe it’s the last symptom to go. What’s good is when I’m busy or with people it tends to go away much easier than it used to.

For those of you struggling out there, there really is hope. I promise you, it’s going to be okay. I know saying that won’t make you feel better or believe it, but you have to trust the ones who’ve made it on this forum, trust god, and expect this to happen after abusing drugs. Take responsibility and handle it, and get through it. I will say I had many, many, many thoughts of giving up throughout all of this because I’ve been so scared throughout it. I had the craziest physiological symptoms ever, I felt like I needed to be placed in a mental hospital with the intrusive thoughts I got from anxiety. I’ve never had to deal with anything like this in my entire life, and I believe it will be one of the hardest things I’ve ever had to face, but it’s for a reason. And we are going to come out stronger in the end. Stay strong guys and focus on your improvements, and exercise daily. I’m a dancer and I workout just about everyday and during those times I always feel good.
Robb1e_g

Likes Received: 35

Postby Robb1e_g » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:24 am

psychological*
Robb1e_g

Postby lefttheleaf » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:30 am

Sounds like you had a terrible time of it to start off mate. But good to hear you are doing better. I have just posted my own experience as I am 12 weeks clean today.
I don't think I am in a position to offer you any advice as I am still in the woods myself but well done for getting this far with it!
lefttheleaf

Likes Received: 6

Postby Robb1e_g » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:57 pm

Thanks man, I’ve definitely come a long way, and it definitely takes time to heal from this, it’s the best medicine for it in my experience. The more time goes on and the more you abstain from any weed or alcohol, the better it’ll get. You’ll have many setbacks and each wave sucks a lot, but you’ll notice a positive trend throughout, stay strong man
Robb1e_g