5 weeks in...

Postby foreveryoung » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:01 pm

hey all

Been smoking the 'erb for a good 12+ years really, i have given up a couple times but usually go back after 6 months or so.

i have wanted to give up over the past 2 years, a lot has happened, a good friend died and my mum has been very ill and in and out of hospital which i have been stressed over and smoking has helped numb the feelings.

however a few months back, i started having daily panic attacks from smoking - the weed had gotten a lot stronger i found.

over time, i developed health anxiety. I had some strange sensations and these freaked me out. I decided to stop smoking weed, tobacco and the energy drinks that i had been drinking for many years.

So, i stopped and i was fine for a week or two. However, my health anxiety mixed in with stress from my mums health has caused massive issues. I was having panic attacks throughout the day, with some of the worse effects i have ever had from when i gave up (to the point i was sure it wasn't the withdrawal).

I've ended up in the doctors several times and even a&e. I felt i was losing my mind, especially after being awake 5 days solid. Quite honestly the worst experience of my life. They said it was anxiety although i had abnormal blood tests so at least that was discovered (still awaiting results, anxious enough about that as it is).

So i just feel really down, lost all of my interests, feel constantly stressed, can't concentrate on anything and have been off work for week or so. It just feels a lot different from other times i gave up but the health anxiety really hasn't helped.

Just want to be a bit happier, preferably without meds. Just feel anxious all the time, hopefully that will be better when i get my blood results back.

Don't think i will be returning to smoking again, this whole experience has been horrible.

Sorry for the ramble!
foreveryoung

Likes Received: 0

Postby Astro413 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:25 pm

Hey, I read your post and I was in a similar situation to you as to why I quit and the weeks following. I’m just over 5 months in yet and while I haven’t made my 5 month update, and I’m not out of the woods, I can say with certainty that it will get better, and happiness/normality will trickle in little by little. You just have to keep pushing forward and don’t look back my friend. This forum is the greatest resource you have and I applaud you for giving up both weed and nicotine at the same time, I did too and it was rough. Although I still believe I’m a ways off from 100% I can 100% tell you that things will slowly get better. Stick with it. My advise would be to avoid negativity in general because regardless of what it is it usually Ramos up the anxiety. Avoid news and watch comedy shows or YouTube, and read success stories on here until you don’t feel the need to do so anymore. We’re all in this together.
Astro413

Likes Received: 32

Postby TrueReality » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:01 am

Good luck man...keep pushing through

Sending you love
TrueReality

Likes Received: 2

Postby ashthewarrior7 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:41 am

Maybe you can taper off or wean off the weed and nicotine instead of stopping suddenly
ashthewarrior7

Likes Received: 38

Postby foreveryoung » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:33 am

thanks.. yeah i mean i only ever smoked nicotine with my spliffs, i used an e cig for a couple of weeks but just got fed up with the taste so stopped that too.

its a day by day thing for sure.
foreveryoung

Postby Cali-Detroit » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:38 am

It's going to be really tough for a while. I'm at almost 8 months and I'm still struggling quite a lot. Granted, progress is being made and I can feel it, but it's slow and spotty. Accept and embrace the discomfort, as it will be your new best friend for quite some time. Keep strong and stay focused on your end goal, whatever that may be
Cali-Detroit

Likes Received: 90

Postby foreveryoung » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:37 pm

the past few days have been tricky. i have been waking in the night with panic attacks again, but not as bad as before. also been having some crazy dreams.

I can only assume i feel worse because i have a lot of stress at the minute with my mums illness.

My anxiety has been really bad as well. A friend has been trying to set me up with one of his girlfriends friends and its put a lot of pressure on me.

The thing is the last time i returned to smoking was because i was trying to get into a relationship and my anxiety was rocketing. It seems to get really bad when i go on dates or trying to start a relationship up. maybe i'm just messed up.
foreveryoung