Post weed addiction symptoms

Postby Thracian » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:23 pm

Hi everyone. I made a thread about my weed addiction last year,however I relapsed and got back into it even harder. I started having panic and anxiety attacks at the end of my use.Smoking would automatically give me anxiety,so I had to quit . Now that I stopped,my anxiety and panic attacks are still present.

Those who used a quit for a long time,have you witnessed such physical symptoms? My heart literally aches,it feels like its squeezing hard at times.I get chest pain and short of breath time to time. Im lightheaded and cant concentrate.I wake up after falling asleep with a racing heart beat and heart pain. Ive been to every doctor. Cardiologist said my heart is fine. They did an ultrasound and I had a monitor installed for a week. Are these symptoms of severe anxiety? Ive never had these problems in my life. I'm 30 years old. I'm 2 months clean as of today.The depression is bad and it doesn't seem to get any better. I'm literally crying about anything and over-emotional about little things that wouldn't usually bother me.

Some advice and intake from chronic ex users would be appreciated. Thank you.
Thracian

Likes Received: 4

Postby leavepawsbehind » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:45 am

I smoked on and off for 7 years then every day for 4. After I quit, I had a lot go wrong, including heart palpitations for the first 4 months. I've read stories from other users here who experienced the same thing. I'm 10.5 months sober now and am doing much better but still have bad days now and then. Nothing helped much aside from putting time between me and quitting weed. I exercised when I could, stopped eating sugary foods, and read stories from others who quit to try and not feel so alone.
leavepawsbehind

Likes Received: 23

Postby Thracian » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:33 pm

leavepawsbehind wrote:I smoked on and off for 7 years then every day for 4. After I quit, I had a lot go wrong, including heart palpitations for the first 4 months. I've read stories from other users here who experienced the same thing. I'm 10.5 months sober now and am doing much better but still have bad days now and then. Nothing helped much aside from putting time between me and quitting weed. I exercised when I could, stopped eating sugary foods, and read stories from others who quit to try and not feel so alone.

Thanks for the reply. I also seem to gain alot of weight after quitting.Ive gained about 12 pounds since in 2 months. Anyone else gain weight after quitting?
Thracian

Postby ashthewarrior7 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:57 am

Yes all your symptoms are common.
ashthewarrior7

Likes Received: 62

Postby Bagobones » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:03 am

This guy had quite the journey back to sobriety.. He stopped and started again, with a pretty bad resault. Maybe you can relate...

I hereby present to you Tokes intense journey to hell and back over several continents! Interesting story indeed:

viewtopic.php?t=92690
Bagobones

Likes Received: 142

Postby lefttheleaf » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:08 am

Morning, Its 14 weeks clean for me today and whilst i havent, luckily, experienced the exact symptoms you have i have and continue to have almost debilitating anxiety - its present through the day with intense peaks and troughs.
One thing i can tell you though is it does over time get a bit easier and whilst it sounds like a cliche and you will see alot of people write this but it does just take time.
I have come to accept that i abused myself and my brain for a long time so how can i expect to not have any negative side effects? That isnt how biological systems or life works. If i could offer you any advice (and whilst i am not out of the woods at all in my own struggle) it would be to try and accept where you are, and build from here one day at a time. Exercising daily, eating well, and meditiating 2x a day for 10 minutes a time has begun to help me after approximately 2 months of following this routine.
Mindfulness is also quite helpful but again its a practice you have to follow it wont just happen.
I am sorry i cant be more positive - but whilst i am still struggling myself i can tell you that it does slowly start to get that bit easier - in my mind i see this as a year journey.
Try and stick with it - going back to weed will only prolong the pain.
lefttheleaf

Likes Received: 11

Postby Thracian » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:50 pm

I feel great at times .I might’ve become manic without realizing it over time .Sometimes I get so hyper and happy it’s shocking , this energy comes out no where and from depression and fatigue I go to happy and hyper .I smoked everyday over three years .

Do you guys think microdosing psilocybin would help with Obsessive compulsive thinking ,anxiety and depression ?They are proven studies that it helps the brain get out of negative thought process. My brain won’t f***ing just stop .Oh if I did this , I could do this ,no this is bad this is good .Its nonstop sometimes and it’s hard to bare.Ive experimented with psilocybin in the past and I had good experiences with microdosing ir ,but at the time I was smoking as well so I never got the full benefits .
Thracian

Postby InkChalk » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:17 pm

Mindfulness is also quite helpful but again its a practice you have to follow it wont just happen.

I'm there with ya left the green, i'm in a similar spot, and acceptance, and reading books on mindfulness did wonders for me.

Obsessive Thinking

I definitely went through a HUGE stint of obsessive thinking, especially somewhat angry and frustration towards a terrible person in my recent past. I got so pissed off at myself not being able to stop stewing about it. It was becoming debilitating. I was ready to throw myself off a bridge to make these maddening thoughts go away!

A friend recommended to me when at just the right time to read this book called 'The Untethered Soul' by Michael Singer
I highly recommend reading this book.
Key Points i learnt from this book.

1. The voice in the head is NOT you; you do not have to identify with it, Its like an annoying radio person that won't stop talking, but You can't CHOOSE to not listen to it. Separate yourself from this chatter

2. Learn to separate your own voice and chatter voice, by saying 'Hello' in your head.
Your thoughts don’t define you, they’re just outputs of what your consciousness perceives.

3. Do not cling or resist these negative thoughts in your head, relax, and let it flow through you. The more you resist; the more it negative energy will cycle circle through your system. If yo stop resisting u let the energy flow through you, and you do not resist, they will pass.

I recommend reading some book about mindfulness, and further a journey in self positivity and freedom. It's something you can take with you for the rest of your life, always becoming better and more learned. This is what has made my current quit (11 week), different than the previous ones.
InkChalk

Likes Received: 17

Postby lefttheleaf » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:53 pm

Good advice Inkchalk
lefttheleaf

Likes Received: 11

Postby Thracian » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:10 am

InkChalk wrote:

I'm there with ya left the green, i'm in a similar spot, and acceptance, and reading books on mindfulness did wonders for me.

Obsessive Thinking

1. The voice in the head is NOT you; you do not have to identify with it, Its like an annoying radio person that won't stop talking, but You can't CHOOSE to not listen to it. Separate yourself from this chatter

2. Learn to separate your own voice and chatter voice, by saying 'Hello' in your head.
Your thoughts don’t define you, they’re just outputs of what your consciousness perceives.

3. Do not cling or resist these negative thoughts in your head, relax, and let it flow through you. The more you resist; the more it negative energy will cycle circle through your system. If yo stop resisting u let the energy flow through you, and you do not resist, they will pass.

I recommend reading some book about mindfulness, and further a journey in self positivity and freedom. It's something you can take with you for the rest of your life, always becoming better and more learned. This is what has made my current quit (11 week), different than the previous ones.

This was really helpful.Thank you so much. I just started doing yoga today and it felt great. Ive practiced yoga before,whenever i dont smoke i have healthy habits,when I smoke i put healthy habits to the side. Ive also been practicing intermittent fasting along with no fap(masturbation). My energy levels are getting incredibly high,my concentration and overall mood has improved A TON. Im making progress,slowly but surely. My moondswings are alot better. No heart,or chest pain today,just a little bit anxiety.
Thracian

Postby InkChalk » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:45 pm

I just want to clarify a typo I made.

1. The voice in the head is NOT you; you do not have to identify with it, Its like an annoying radio person that won't stop talking, but You can CHOOSE to not listen to it. Separate yourself from this chatter

You CAN choose to ignore the chatter in your head.
Kinda like not listening to the annoying kid that never stops talking, not easy, but still possible.
Accidentally wrote can't. Sorry for type :oops:
InkChalk

Likes Received: 17