weed withdrawal,Insomnia,Diabetes connection

Postby Dune22 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:52 pm

Hi all, I just wanted to put down my story so maybe to help someone and myself through PAWS.

I've been smoking for 16 year's and toward the end (last 5 year's) it was getting gradually worse with everyday all day, every hour on day's off more..
The last couple years vaping on my Volcano which cause of this, consumption got worse.

I stopped about 3 month's ago and at first making delaying excuse after excuse. I stopped in summer 1 month but came back with a vengeance. Smoked and vaped more.

The major reasons why i stopped at first was lack of sleep or deep sleep. I smoked more and more to catch that deep restore sleep only for my lack of sleep to get worse the more i consumed. I woke up groggy/Hungover everynight with pounding headaches.

Anyway again, the reason i initially wanted to stop was the hangerover feeling and getting up earlier and earlier, not rested. But honestly i could initially take all that but work in retail and was coming in haggard all the time with progressively puffy /baggy eye's, kidneys hurting, liver uncomfortable, light sensitivity ect..

Than toward the the last couple year's took turn for the worst: I started getting pins and needles/tingling in my hands and feet and dizzy especially when i consumed anything with sugar. It got gradually worse as came to point where anything with sugar this symptoms would happen..

I did some research and started to connect thr dots. Read from countless medical reports that there is a connection with diabetes and extreme insomnia. So went to doctor and was diagnosed, sure enough..No one in my family has diabetes and i know this was due to the extreme insomnia and heavy weed abuse.

Anyway im on month 3 almost and the hangover feeling still there and extreme insomnia and pounding headaches before and most after i wake up instantly from a seeming waking vivid dreams every 2 hour's not rested. I get tired and fatigue within hours being up. Pins and needles still and very sensitive to sugar.

Symptoms that got better was kidney hurt, liver uncomfortable, puffy eye's although still have bags and hurt/pressure around eye's. Hot flashes/ temperature unbalanced Fatigue not rested/restored..

Im exercising more and just drink a cup of coffee in morning and no other mood altering drug's but when i go to bed even after reading or trying everything to sleep( melatonin, valerian root, everything except prescription drug's, i still finally in wee morning around 6sm or 7am, finally dream and wake tired.

Reading alot of blogs on here gives me hope and don't want to turn to outside mind altering dopamine drug's, delaying tge recovery.

I believe or want to believe that cause i counted on weed to help me fall asleep cause i also have ADHD, that it just ruined my sleeping patterns and i cannot rely on them to sleep anymore and hope my brain with recover this on it's own. It's a battle but hope for the best

Anyway to end my story, i read countless blog's on here and i believe most bad symptoms people have due to PAWS are connected 99% to insomnia or lack of full sleep cycles. Like as in, depression, irritable, light sensitivity, sadness, baggy eye's, fatigue. If our body doesn't recover fully we feel this way.

Someone once said, our creature gave us the stuff to recover our bodies and ailments on our own and mostly we don't need mind altering drug's to help. We just need to eat better, get exercise, and get out in nature/sun".

I think the West is having a growing opiod problem cause of the latter as we rely on instant gratification and we stay indoors more and social media/ devises like phone's, gaming,.unlike our ancestors one with nature, survival being outdoors and exersise..

If you read this far, thanks for listening and no offense to other's recovering. These are my personal thoughts and my story. Take care
Dune22

Likes Received: 0

Postby InkChalk » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:07 pm

Very interesting read my friend. It's crazy the how your body can take a turn for the worse without proper sleep and care.
Can you recover from your Diabetes and beat it? I'm guessing your on insulin now?

Your connection between sleep and paws may have some ground, as far as I can see. I haven't had a full 8 hour sleep without waking in the middle of the night in a VERY long time. I often sleep in couple extra hours just to not feel drained the entire day.

Screens and our use of artificial light has a huge impact on our sleep. I read somewhere that if you watch TV or look at a screen before bed, you essentially lose 3-4 hours worth of sleep. Because your brain shoots 'awake' hormones when looking at blue light.

Keep it up.
InkChalk

Likes Received: 19

Postby ashthewarrior7 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:43 pm

I strongly recommend to stay away from coffee, during withdrawals you become hyper sensitive, that increases the effects of any drug/side effect/pain/ conditions you already have. Staying away from coffee will also help you sleep better . No form of caffeine, not even sodas/colas/soft drinks. Eating protien rich foods will also help you.
ashthewarrior7

Likes Received: 78