MJ Paws: The Good Symptoms of your Quit?

Postby InkChalk » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:29 am

Hey,
I'm at 3 months for the x time. I feel it's so easy to overlook the some really positive things that have come back to me,
And yes they come and go, just like bad things. The tough parts are talked about so often.
But I'd like to hear the positives that stick out for you; that have happened to you lately.
and I want to hear about the good things that have come back to you too, no matter what week/month you're on.

1. Week 10, I had my first dream that felt like i processed a mental breakthrough about processing anxiety. It was semi lucid, and I felt my mind had processed something new. For a while my dreams were so plain, that i couldn't recall the difference between reality and dreams at times.

2.Last week I made a genuine original joke, that I thought was rather clever and original (it was bad). I know this sounds lame, But i've been like a grey cloud in my mind for a Long time, i had abused pot to get creative ideas for long time, that it became harder to make new ones sober, and unable to feel quick and witty like i used to be. It really felt good.

3. Week 2. The wrestless nightmares and sweating in middle of the night stopped for the most part.

I'd like to hear some from other people. It's also interesting to see what positive aspects you desire/stands out most to you in being clean.
InkChalk

Likes Received: 13

Postby tokeless » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:33 am

The overriding positive for me was no longer having that feeling of needing to smoke. That anxiety when your stash was running low and you needed to find more.. Also, being able to do things or go places without watch checking so I could get back and have a spliff. Basically it's all good!!
tokeless

Likes Received: 224

Postby ashthewarrior7 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:08 pm

The realisation of the abuse you were putting your body and mind through. PAWS highlights all the things you should work on in your life. I finally realized that I was not giving myself the time and attention that was needed. Also realized the importance of relationships. It helped me get in line of eating healthy, exercise and importance of relaxing and enjoying the moments.

There were two main things to do, first was challenge or question my anxiety, once I started questioning myself, I realized all my fears were based on probability and not reality. Then the second most important thing is to realize that you are thinking ALL the time, and 90% of the time you're either thinking of the past or the future, barely ever thinking and absorbing the present. Once I started pushing myself to live in the present, I started to notice the beauty of everything. My focus switched to different sounds and beats to a song, I started enjoying it as much as I would on weed, then the same when I would take a walk or drive. Instead of getting lost in my thoughts, I tried to observe my surroundings and damn the world is beautiful. You just have to undo years of habitual thinking and start living! This is what PAWS showed me by punching me in the face!
ashthewarrior7

Likes Received: 38