Potentially difficult time of year for quitters.

Postby ClintonW » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:12 pm

Good day guys.

I was thinking about you all today as over the Christmas period, I will be alone for only the second time since quitting. My first Christmas on my own was quite new and I was still riding on the high of being a quitter. This Christmas, I'm not concerned, I don't want weed anymore, but it did get me thinking.

If you're a new quitter, there's a chance you could be lonely at this time of year. Addictions or quitting them tends to have a habit of destroying one's relationships. Keep your guard up over this period. Others may be indulging more and spending time with others and you may not have that luxury at the moment.

Hang in there and stay strong. Go for walks, watch TV, treat yourself. But keep your guard up.

Best wishes to you.

Mathew
ClintonW

Likes Received: 79

Postby Cthompson21 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:19 am

Thank you for posting this. I believe this to be true. depressive symptoms are strong for me when other people seem to be cheery and happy. its like it makes the loneliness magnified tenfold. I don't feel tempted to use again but I see how it can make it easy to want to. Stay strong everyone.
Cthompson21

Likes Received: 37