Bipolar_Disorder_practical_advices

Postby Altergenosse » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:25 pm

Hi, My name is Egor I'm 25 and I have been diagnosed with bipolar disorder a long time ago. I'd very appreciate if anyone could give me practical advices of treating some particular symptoms of this disorder. I'd prefer advices based on own experience.

Here are the symptoms that bother me the most:

1) Mania episodes during which I feel like if I`ve drank 3 cups of coffee. I have difficulties concentrating on a particular task, I can be too obnoxious talking to everybody around. Sometimes I have difficulties controlling my agression during such periods. I can start writing emails to my superiors in an aggressive manner. That of course sometimes has consequences.
So it`d be nice to know how to treat agression and overexcitement.

2) Depression episodes usually accompanied by paranoia - a strong believe that I can`t trust anybody around. During these periods literally everybody irritates me (probably because of my inherent mistrust). The only place I want to be in during such periods is a desolate region with no people around. I realize that these trust issues are unhealthy but I can`t do anything about it because its the feeling inside of me. I tried logical reasoning telling myself that I have no good reason to mistrust people apriori. But it doesn`t help me to solve the mistrust issue. Probably because such reasoning fights the consequences rather than the reason of mistrust (which is a mystery to me).
Mb some of you people also had such an inherent mistrust and managed to deal with it.

I`d be very happy to hear about your thoughts on the matter! :D
Altergenosse

Likes Received: 0

Postby Altergenosse » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:44 pm

And one more thing that really bothers me. Because of my mistrust I think that every male person on the street is a potential robber hiding a knife in his pocket. So I sort of prepare for a fight every time I pass by strangers on the streets. That`s another reason why I prefer staying alone.
I wonder if it is just me or this is a common fear?
Altergenosse

Likes Received: 0

Return to Psychology