New year, same battle

Postby Cthompson21 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:38 am

Just want to wish everyone a happy new year. This past year was hard and I know it's been hard for a lot of you as well. As cliche at it is, a new year feels like a fresh start. A whole new year of sobriety. A new year of recovery. A new year of goals and achievements. I hope everyone feels the hope, whatever battle you are facing, that you can fight and win. We don't know what the future holds but one thing is certain--our inner strength to keep moving forward to meet reality and life as it is, and be okay. Love and well wishes to all reading this. "However long the night, dawn shall break."
Cthompson21

Likes Received: 48

Postby Backatit » Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:53 am

Well said, I’m feeling the new start vibe stronger this year myself.
I quit weed November 6, 2016, so I’ve got just over two years under my belt, after decades of constant smoking. My recovery has been a bit different than a lot of people here because I didn’t wake up one day and suddenly feel all better, but it has been slow and steady progress.
I’ve made some other life changes over the past two years in the name of self improvement, but I still have a ways to go.
Happy new year and a new start to everyone out there. Health and sobriety beats addiction every time, no matter how hard it gets, remember that you’re doing really well and you’re on the right track ⭐️
Backatit

Likes Received: 7

Postby Cthompson21 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:11 pm

@Backatit glad you're recovering. Hope you keep improving as time goes by. My friends were drinking last night and I remember I used to drink as well but with PAWS I now party sober and I'm okay with it. It's funny ten years ago I graduated high school and the future seemed so bright. I remember scoffing at addiction, substance abuse. Thought it would never happen to me. .well here I am ten years later struggling, dealing with the long term consequences, trying to reclaim my life. It makes me scared to face the future sometimes knowing bad stuff like this can happen but I'm doing it slowly and now with the knowledge that drug abuse is a trap. Facing life as it sh--ty is sometimes, without weed, alcohol, whatever your poison is--it's the best way....which I had known that before but better late than never.
Cthompson21

Likes Received: 48