1 year weed free!

Postby HopefulMe » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:09 am

Robb1e_g wrote:HopefulMe you definitely need to focus on loving yourself and being kind to yourself. You only have one you and this is such a hard thing you’re going through. And yeah day 2 of college was a scary wave. Unfortunately my waves consist of anxiety, some dizziness and feeling very weak, sense of despair and life doesn’t make sense to me, awful intrusive thoughts, stuck in my head, feeling pointless and kinda hopeless. Yeah it sucks. But like I said I’m getting better with it. And I’ve had many occasions and long periods of time where I felt content with myself and loved life with wonder again. So I know it will be okay. And you will too. So will everybody in this forum. It’s not forever, that’s an irrational thought, although it does seem like you’re doomed in the moment trust me I know. And that’s okay I feel like I hate myself sometimes, again pet of the process. I’ve never had any of these thoughts or feelings prior to weed or trying lsd. So be kind to yourself, practice thankfulness and being in the moment, and time will heal.

Yeah I read somewhere I dont remember where that our brains are baby brains right now and we have to take care of ourselves. Yeah going back to school or work or whatever is stressful. You have described alot of my symptoms and the list goes on. I was never like this prior to doing that crap either. I didnt think or feel this way. I was thinking that those thoughts aren't really our thoughts but just part of the symptoms. Yeah I'm trying to be nice to myself and more patient. That's a slow too but I have made progress. This has definitely taught me to start thinking about myself and start caring for myself which i have never really done. I'm rooting for us to get through this!
HopefulMe

Likes Received: 4

Postby Robb1e_g » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:34 am

We will get through it trust me. I’ve been constantly taking care of myself and it really has been helping, even something as simple as reading a small passage of wisdom every morning and positive affirmations
Robb1e_g

Likes Received: 45

Postby HopefulMe » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:43 am

Robb1e_g wrote:We will get through it trust me. I’ve been constantly taking care of myself and it really has been helping, even something as simple as reading a small passage of wisdom every morning and positive affirmations

Yeah anything positive I screenshot and go through my pictures and reread them. My emotions aren't that strong yet but I still try you know. I also have this app called I am sober and I have it set to make my pledge in the morning then around 3 I get a positive message and then but the end of the night I review my day. It keeps track of my progress. You should look into it too.
HopefulMe

Postby Astro413 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:17 am

Hey Hopeful, takenthis advice with a grain of salt but what works for me is not thinking about it as much as I can help it, obviously this forum is a tool but I would delete the app. The only thing it does when you open it is remind you of the negativity when what you really want to be doing is getting your mind off this whole process and just trying to enjoy the moment
Astro413

Likes Received: 32

Postby Sherwood1999 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:07 am

Hey greatdane,

You and I literally have the same smoking timeline, I smoked everyday from 16-19 and I’m still 19 right now. I’m at just under two months and I’m going to literal hell man. Depression, anxiety, and now my newest symptom derealisation.

Did you get derealisation? And if so did you recover? Or maybe not derealisation but like a dissociation from reality?
Sherwood1999

Likes Received: 5

Postby Astro413 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:32 am

Hey Sherwood, I know your question was not directed towards me but I will take the liberty to give you peace of mind. Yes it will get better, my timeframe was similar to y’all albeit I’m 21 and currently just over 7 months. I was in the exact same place as you at 2 months and I can tell you firsthand that everything will get better but it is going to take time. You have to be patient and have to stick through it this is not a quick process by I promise you it will dissipate over time, and the thing is you won’t wven notice it happening. Start a thread and post updates monthly , I’m still going through it but I’m a hell of a lot better than I was where you are and wish I had a full archive to compare
Astro413

Likes Received: 32

Postby thegreatdane » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:44 am

Hey Sheerwood. Sorry you are going through hell. Hopefully you wont have to go through it for as long as i currently am. I didnt really have DR/DP. Maybe a bit during the first few months, but other than that i would have to say no. Hope you get better soon! If you need to ask anymore questions just ask away. It could be a long journey and i will do my best to prepare others for it.
thegreatdane

Likes Received: 40

Postby lefttheleaf » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:02 pm

Hi sherwood.
I suffered with and am still suffering with pretty intense DR/DP.
I’d recommend when it kicks in - go outside immediately and if it’s cold even better. Look up at the sky and and then look around you and identify 5 things you can see and ask yourself what their purpose is. Really look at them and think about them.
Then listen for 4 things you can hear and ask what they are and what they’re doing.
Then try and find 3 things you can touch.
Then 2 things you can smell
And finally 1 thing you can taste - I try and taste the air and see what that’s like.
By that time you should be distracted enough and I hope it’ll start to pass for you.
I have it almost all the time and it gets worse when you think about it. So try and distract your mind.
Cheers
lefttheleaf

Likes Received: 11

Postby HopefulMe » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:44 pm

Astro413 wrote:Hey Hopeful, takenthis advice with a grain of salt but what works for me is not thinking about it as much as I can help it, obviously this forum is a tool but I would delete the app. The only thing it does when you open it is remind you of the negativity when what you really want to be doing is getting your mind off this whole process and just trying to enjoy the moment

Thank you for the advice. It doesnt make me feel bad. It actually reminds me of how far I have come n it reminds me that even though I have times where I feel like giving up I just cant throw all that time away. But i understand what you're saying. ^_^
Maybe with a little bit of more time I'll get rid of it.
HopefulMe

Postby HopefulMe » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:53 pm

Hey Sherwood! Yeah that's a very common symptom and some may experience more severe than other or barely anything. I know exactly what you mean. It's really hard for you not to think about it but you're going to have to try your hardest not to. It does get better with time and yeah during a bad wave for me it gets a bit worse but after it gets a bit better and I just try not to think about it. It's a hard battle with your own mind but remember it's your mind. You could try and sit and close your eyes and start by feeling and wiggling it toes in ur shoes or on the floor ect then move your way up your body till you reach ur head. Remember to take deep breaths. Keep us posted on how you're doing.
HopefulMe

Previous