Reading book makes me feel very unhappy

Postby nell123 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:36 pm

I will try to be careful with the word choice cause I know there are far more serious problems than this but I really need help.
I tried to talk about it with my friends and family but they just dismissed it as something common and normal. It may be but I have never felt it so intensely.
Let me explain. I started reading a certain book series, first book was good, I enjoyed it and I felt pretty good about myself and the world. It wasn't after I have finished the book 3 that I started feeling like nothing in this world could measure to the events in the book. To the magic and danger in the book, I really feel like I wouldn't care if suddenly I was hit by a care, or if I was attacked in the street or if I died this moment. I feel like nothing can bring me any joy any hope or any purpose in life. Nothing that can compare to the purpose of protagonist, of her life. I have almost 0 trauma from my life which makes me feel guilty for feeling like I do. I have had and still do have a pretty lucky life as some might say.
I guess I just need to find "magic" in my life but it is not possible.

Any advice would be appreciated.
nell123

Likes Received: 0

Postby Livetowin » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:09 pm

I have to tell you that wishing to be in a bullfight and actually tangling with one are two different realities. I'm not sure what kind of book series you are reading, but if your life has been free of struggle and heartache, be thankful and use this moment in your life to APPRECIATE what you have rather than being ashamed of it. Because life has an interesting way of not only evening that playing field, but sticking you underneath it. Life's batting average is 100% on that too.

So to translate, if you can not handle good times in your life, you'll be woefully unprepared to manage the uneven waves that come crashing down on you when the hard times hit. Life can give allot, but it also takes allot. There is no island to stand on to be free of this. Your friends, your family, your health, your financial security can all be taken. You have no say in any of that. And your big complaint is you have all of that right now and feel "untested"? Try embracing gratefulness. Try savoring every moment you can in the good times, because those moments will get spotty as life progresses. Its the trade off of living long enough which illustrates nothing lasts forever.

You should also consider preparedness as a rule to invest in. Do you have a support structure set up if it just becomes you and no one else is there? Are you in a position to move forward should your support system of friends and family collapse? I think you have allot more work to do than you realize. Take this time to get yourself in a good place, so when the bad weather hits, you won't be caught standing in the rain.
Livetowin

Likes Received: 86

Postby nell123 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:37 am

I don't want to be in a bullfight, I don't want to be ungrateful. I just wan to stop feeling like I do. I am intelligent enough to realize that there are real problems and mine seems like nothing compared to that but it makes me feel terrible and I need it to stop. I would love to get myself in agood place but I don't know how. I am sorry.
nell123

Postby quietvoice » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:42 pm

nell123 wrote: I feel like nothing can bring me any joy any hope or any purpose in life. Nothing that can compare to the purpose of protagonist, of her life.

I have almost 0 trauma from my life which makes me feel guilty for feeling like I do. I have had and still do have a pretty lucky life as some might say.

I guess I just need to find "magic" in my life but it is not possible.

Any advice would be appreciated.

I can offer two points of thought for you . . .

1) You need a purpose.
2) An improper-to-Joyful-life diet and living habits has proven to create beings of great unhappiness.

See these two YouTube channels:
Robert Morse ND,
John Rose.

YOU can be the HERO in YOUR LIFE starting RIGHT NOW!
quietvoice

Likes Received: 229

Postby nell123 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:50 pm

Thank you. I will check the channels out.
nell123

Postby ProvRepublic » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:14 pm

I have heard from a psychologist friend that recently a quite popular problem with which people come is so-called "serial depression", I think you have the same with books. There are a lot of articles on this topic, I do not link you, because I'm not a native English speaker.

I know this feeling in my teenage years, I guess everyone was in a greater or lesser depression. I believe that this world that we know and build has many amazing feelings to offer, the first better example - parachuting - an indescribable feeling.

There is always a land of dreams, a lucid dream is still not very popular (unfortunately). With the help of appropriate techniques you can turn on lucid thinking in dreams and freely control them and create in them your own reality also the magic and everything you can imagine. It is a kind of escape, but it is worth checking out, you would have to read the good articles about that.
ProvRepublic

Likes Received: 2

Postby nell123 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:58 pm

Thank you, I will def look into it a do some research. I am also not a native English speaker so hopefully I will be able
to understand.
nell123

Postby ProvRepublic » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:21 pm

I will add to this depression that it usually goes away after finding a new books/series, preferably with a different universe. From day to day it is difficult to convince ourselves that our world is as "interesting" as the other, so it's better to start a new book in your case, not to overwhelm your thoughts and slowly arrange everything.
ProvRepublic

Postby ProvRepublic » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:21 pm

plans, dreams for the future, etc.
ProvRepublic

Postby nell123 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:23 am

I have been trying “enetering other worlds” through watching movies and just taking a break and it helped, but I still find it hard to find a purpose, to dream a dream as interesting as the book. Your advise was very helpful and I am very thankful. So thank you.
nell123

Postby ProvRepublic » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:05 pm

Series are also a good way to forget, but you have to be careful, although falling into a second depression is harder. Anyway I wish you good luck.
ProvRepublic

Postby lol4er » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:36 pm

change the theme )
lol4er

Likes Received: 1