Quiting pt .2

Postby Coldturkey2018 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:04 pm

I was posting last year around February and March in regards to my paws symptoms I stayed clean for almost 4 months when I relapsed and started using again, all the stress and anxiety I had built up last time ended up causing me to be diagnosed with ibs I’m not sure if I’m going to be ready for it all this trama this time around anyone have advice ?
Coldturkey2018

Likes Received: 7

Postby HopefulMe » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:57 pm

You're just going to have to tough it out. There is no easy way through it. Do you think your ibs was bc of PAWS bc I had some pretty bad stomach issues for the beginning months it got a bit better unless a tough wave hits. I also dont have a gallbladder anymore so that contributes to my stomach issues but nothing like PAW stomach issues. Try and get out if you cant drive then ride the bus. That's what I would do when my husband was at work. Try n go for walks too. Its freaking hard so you have to take care of yourself and if all you could do that day was go for a walk then that's still a small victory. Remind yourself why you quit and if you feel like giving in again just remember that you will have to start the whole process all over again. Its really hard....the hardest thing I have ever done and am still doing but I'm trying to get through it.
HopefulMe

Likes Received: 5

Postby Coldturkey2018 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:03 pm

My ibs was brought on by my anxiety most likely ands s o I gusss it kind of came with this the paws symptoms, and I will try my best to tiff it out thanks for the advice
Coldturkey2018

Postby HopefulMe » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:19 pm

Coldturkey2018 wrote:My ibs was brought on by my anxiety most likely ands s o I gusss it kind of came with this the paws symptoms, and I will try my best to tiff it out thanks for the advice

Try and eat stuff that wont irritate ur stomach. When I was able to eat (I threw up alot at the beginning months) I would eat carrots and cucumbers and red leaf lettuce with some chicken (chicken it lighter protein than meat). Also try eating slowly. Stay away from spicy and citrus. Drink room temperature water no cold water or ice. Sorry I cant give you a cure that I'm pretty sure we all wish we had.....the only cure is time and patience. I'm going through a bad wave that started yesterday night. I'm tired and exhausted but here I am trying to keep going. You could do it too.
HopefulMe

Postby Coldturkey2018 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:30 pm

Thanks for the tips I know this isn’t no walk in the park I remember all to well from last time, there was days where I would feel better then boom the next 2 days after I felt like garbage our brains have a lot of rewiring to do and body’s need to adjust to a life without dependence on a drug I will be posting every so often just for my sake of mind obviously I have pretty bad anxiety atm so I can’t control my obsessive thoughts sometimes
Coldturkey2018

Postby HopefulMe » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:46 pm

Coldturkey2018 wrote:Thanks for the tips I know this isn’t no walk in the park I remember all to well from last time, there was days where I would feel better then boom the next 2 days after I felt like garbage our brains have a lot of rewiring to do and body’s need to adjust to a life without dependence on a drug I will be posting every so often just for my sake of mind obviously I have pretty bad anxiety atm so I can’t control my obsessive thoughts sometimes

I would also recommend writing. I guess like a journal and try and write how you feel and how your day went ect. It's good to do it before bed. Yeah its definitely a messed up rollercoaster. A very unexpected one bc of all the misinformation about that crap. Also try and watch kids movies and comedies. But yeah post how you're doing every now and then good luck!
HopefulMe

Return to Addictions